Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JaMOneOneFive
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2016, 9:10 pm

I stopped watching kids' shows around when I turned 13, when people started to act funny when I would talk about them. That was a shame because I really liked cartoons.

A year ago I started watching them again, though. It started when I tried MLP for the first time. I figured if it had managed to gather such a large following it was probably worth trying and, sure enough, I really liked it, to the point that it kind of became a special interest for a few months. I've now seen every episode at least once (excluding the most recent episode, which I missed).

Now I'm thinking about trying other cartoons that are out of my age range, probably starting with stuff I used to like but haven't seen in years like SpongeBob, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy.

MontyAA2003
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2016, 4:34 pm

dragonzatch wrote:
(Ruby Gloom just popped back up on Netflix and it's so good).

Yes! I love Ruby Gloom! (please don't take that out of context)

Also I still like kids shows at 13 years old. Particularly, I've caught myself watching Star vs the Forces of Evil a bunch.

Question though: would the live-action stuff on Disney Channel qualify as "kids shows" or is that stepping into more teenage territory? :?:

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

omatata
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

I adored, and always will, shows made for kids. I'm in my mid-teens and I can catch myself sometimes watching Baby TV, a channel in my country. It's just that, these shows are so simple and lighthearted, how can anyone not want to watch them? Don't let me start on shows made for older kids. I always prefer watching a good cartoon on Disney or Nick rather than the shows made for teens with overused plots.

However, I dont know if anyone experiences this, but I dislike anime, in general, with passion. I don't know if it's the way the plot is executed on these japanese cartoons or the art style (I had a huge issue with that at an early age), but I despise them. Yet, I DO watch 2 very specific anime, not only to adjust to my circle of friends, but because they actually caught my interest in different ways. But if it wasnt for my friends, I believe I'd stick passionately with my initial opinion.

GMUnicorns
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Oct 2016, 3:10 pm

I only stopped watching most kids TV when their essences changed, for example: Dora The Explorer stopped speaking Spanish; GoGo Gadget changed the animation and voices; The Wiggles and Hi-5 changed their casts; Sesame Street changed format; Blues Clues disappeared entirely for some very mysterious reason. Mum forced me to stop watching Teletubbies years ago. Then the next wave of good TV just stopped abruptly: Kim Possible, American Dragon, The Saturdays. The replacements for all these shows don't really impress me. Often they are dull and educational at best, and at worst encourage bad behaviour. I got in so much trouble when I accidentally started carbon copying Alex from Wizards of Waverly Place. But I still watch kids TV when there is something interesting on, and I don't believe in restricting my interests because of age. Otherwise, I'd miss out on so many good movies, TV shows, and books (and picture books count)!

Puppywings
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Oct 2016, 1:15 pm

My favorite shows are Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Teen Titans Go!, & Soul Eater.

The only thing approaching age-appropriate shows there is Soul Eater. And it's not... quite... um...

But yeah, I like kids shows way more than I like "teen" shows.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm

Puppywings wrote:
My favorite shows are Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Teen Titans Go!, & Soul Eater.

Oops! I wrote the title wrong. I like Teen Titans Go! too, Puppywings.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

trackyboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2016, 4:56 pm

I must confess to watching jungle junction on Disney junior.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

When I was a teenager, the TV shows aimed at my age were boring and stupid to me. So I watched whatever I found interesting. Half of the time it was TV documentaries that would go over the heads of most teenagers and even some adults. I watched Arthur until I was seventeen...I only stopped watching it because some of the newer episodes started getting boring and made me feel like I was watching a soap opera as opposed to a kid's cartoon. I have my DVR set up to record "Lion Guard" every week and I'm 30 years old. If that makes me immature, than so be it. I don't know how to "act my age", I've never been this age before.

theheroofthyme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

I'm 16 and I think kids shows are the only things I watch besides documentaries??? If it interests me I'll watch it, I don't care if it's meant for 3 year old's.
I particularly like Steven Universe, Clarence, and We Bare Bears. So basically Cartoon Network stuff, mostly.
I wont even touch a movie unless it's animated, to be honest.

wilt20000
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2017, 12:41 am

I stopped watching a lot of shows like Fairly OddParents and Jimmy Neutron when I was 12, but started watching Jimmy Neutron again in my later teens. I don't see it on anymore though. I also watched a lot of Hey Arnold, Doug, even a little Rugrats when I was 16. Didn't stop watching Spongebob until I was like 19.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:13 am

I just found a new children's animated show that I have fallen in love with: The Adventures of Figaro Pho!
:heart:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 8:01 am

I still love watching Stampy Cat :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 10:21 am

Oops! I forgot to add Pingu! :heart:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 1:32 pm

Knofskia wrote:

Oh, I love Pingu! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2017, 9:03 pm

Knofskia wrote:

Noot noot!

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm

I don't watch kids shows anymore, but I continued watching cartoons/etc. well into my 20s.