Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 8:01 am

I still love watching Stampy Cat :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 10:21 am

Oops! I forgot to add Pingu! :heart:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 1:32 pm

Knofskia wrote:

Oh, I love Pingu! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2017, 9:03 pm

Knofskia wrote:

Noot noot!

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm

I don't watch kids shows anymore, but I continued watching cartoons/etc. well into my 20s.

Breechan1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2018, 9:51 am

So I've been waiting for someone to relate to with this topic, however for me I watch nostalgic shows from my childhood and I don't really understand why. Recently I started recording Little Bear on my tv watchlist and at times I find myself browsing YouTube for Arthur episodes.. I always feel guilt watching this kind of stuff (at age 25). I don't understand why I choose to watch them, but I do and even though I enjoy watching them I still feel "Should I be watching this?" or "What do people think of me or will think of me if they found out?" For me Arthur is just epic and hilarious no matter the age, but Little Bear is certainly targeted to younger children and I'm just confused why it appeals to me..but it does :oops:

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2018, 6:16 pm

Peppa Pig is hilarious. The situations in some of the episodes are downright ridiculous, and the narrator always takes them completely seriously. In one episode, a policeman in Italy stops Peppa's family three separate times to give her the teddy bear she left behind, but never tells them that they're driving on the wrong side of the road. In another one, George is terrified watching a video he recorded of himself making dinosaur noises, and the narrator is sympathetic instead of dying laughing like I was.

Seraphiel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2018, 11:47 pm

I even know adults that don't have asd and still like cartoons. There's nothing wrong with it, watch whatever you like, and makes you happy. I still like cartoons, although I like other stuff as well, but each person is different. Try not to think too much into it, people are into different things; and none of those things are wrong.

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

17 Jun 2018, 11:19 am

Oh good a post I can relate to.
Of course it's not that often with me.
Just a good many months ago I watched Imagination Movers and Handy Manny, just to relive my childhood.
Not too long ago I watched a few episodes of Shake it Up for the same reason.
But whenever I watch kid shows, it's not really long term; it's more or less an intermittent and very short term thing.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2018, 1:26 pm

I'd rather watch South Park, Rick and Morty, Family Guy, or an adult TV show. But I do really like Spongebob or Regular Show whenever I watch them with my little brother they bring back so much nostalgia.

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2018, 1:44 pm

I still love watching episodes of Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 1:59 pm

i just downloaded the latest season of steven universe

epic

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 9:19 am

StampySquiddy,

Good to see you back!

I love a cat cartoon too: Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat. Amy Tan wrote the original story.

mickeytm28
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2018, 11:26 pm

I'm 18 and I watch Mister Rogers' Neighborhood several times a week :) Among my other favorites are Disneyland, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, etc.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 11:50 pm

Saying teenagers shouldn't watch kid's shows because they're only for kids is like saying adults shouldn't watch PG-13 movies because they're only for 13-year-olds.

I spent my teen and even early adult years watching Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, Tiny Toons, and many other shows. They helped me get through some difficult times in my life.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 11:53 pm

I'm 30 and my girlfriend is 31. We both like watching kids shows!