Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2017, 10:13 pm

Newly vegan aspie here.

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2017, 5:31 pm

HFA Vegan :0D So technically not Aspie...

Tethys
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2017, 4:31 am

Straightedge vegan +3yrs here.
Transitioned over a 3 month time period from 2 decades as vegetarian to straightedge. Never looked back, best decision of my life and the lives of many others.
Those 3 months taught me how to recognise what my body was trying to say when I craved eggs and yoghurt and how to replace the craving with plant based alternatives. It was a gentle transition forgiving myself for the slip-ups and refocusing on the important benefits of veganism.
VeganStreet helped heaps with their online resources.
Going vegan helped heaps with my mental health. Even noticed the most severe aspie traits ease off a bit. Bonus to saving animals and doing my part to counter climate change.
Except the senses were sharpered to a painful degree, further pushing me into deep Nature and solitude.
T

A_noobish_noob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2017, 6:59 am

I have been a vegan for well over a year now, and vegan as f**k :)

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2017, 10:00 am

Yes, I'm vegan.

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

A_noobish_noob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2017, 6:22 am

weirdly enough for a long time, early childhood 5-12ish, I was also kind of vegetarian because of my eating habits. I pretty much only ate like bread/toast, with no butter because I didn't like it, rice, french fries, PB&Js, kinda in the bread category, and chocolate milk.

GTB
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2018, 8:21 am

Hi, I'm vegan!

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2018, 7:29 pm

I'm not a vegan but I try to be as close to it as I can. :mrgreen:

GTB
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2018, 9:20 pm

aikoinazuma wrote:
I'm not a vegan but I try to be as close to it as I can. :mrgreen:

Right on, Aiko. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Veggie Farmer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2018, 7:30 pm

I’m a gardenarian - I mostly eat what I grow: veggies, potatoes, and beans with some eggs from my chickens. What I don’t eat fresh, I can, dehydrate or freeze for later. I buy flour, rice, and other basics and cook almost all of my meals from scratch. On the rare occasions I eat out, I eat vegan.

Sum
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jan 2018, 6:55 am

I am not a Vegan; however, I call myself one for simplicity. I have observed a whole food plant based diet for the last five years. I do so for health reasons and not for animal rights. I wear and use animal products like leather in my daily life and on occasion consume honey.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2018, 9:02 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
Kuraudo777 wrote:
I really want to be a vegetarian, but I'm so small and skinny that I can't seem to get enough protein unless I eat meat. Plus, my metabolism is kind of weird so I need to eat lots.

I'm not going to speak to you personally because I don't know your metabolism but it is actually very easy to get your protein from plant sources. Beans, tofu, nuts and legumes all contain high amounts of protein. Not to mention virtually all vegetables have some protein. You might want to give it a second look.

By the way I'm very skinny as well and my weight hasn't changed since I went vegan.

Yeah protein is mich easier to get as a vegan than people think.
Example- Patrik Baboumian is one of the strongest men alive and he is a vegan and has been for years

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2018, 11:27 pm

I have considered it, but it's pretty costly to have a good, high quality vegan diet in Alaska.

Legatia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2018, 12:16 pm

I've been trying to go vegan for years now, but I'm really struggling. I've been completely vegetarian for about 3 years before, but for some reason I started eating meat again during my 3rd pregnancy. I'm really bad at resisting my cravings, I think that's why... But I try my best to be as close as possible to vegan.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

19 Feb 2018, 6:08 am

Been a vegan aspie for 21 years now and I've finally found a vegan cheese I like after all this time!

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 11:07 pm

Tibergrace wrote:
I have considered it, but it's pretty costly to have a good, high quality vegan diet in Alaska.

Beans are expensive in Alaska?

Sorry. But seriously, when I went vegan, I just replaced meat with beans. How about Soymilk, is that expensive? (Do you have a Costco up there?) How about veggie patties, they're cheaper than meat patties in WA. (As for cheese, I don't really eat Chao cheese except for a treat. I don't put cheese on things.)