Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2015, 7:43 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Whats the jacket like and what size are the Doc Martins? I've never done anything with ebay so I don't know anything about it.

As fir the diet thing, I could do with looking younger, but my weight is fine. I'm ok with my body and I've never been overweight or anything like that, so just the clarity thing that I'm interested in. I wouldn't mind switching the whole family to a vegetarian or mostly vegetarian diet because it would be a lot cheaper!

I do crave meat at certain times, like right now I have been on this kick where I've been wanting only this particular sausage. Zeigler Old Plantation Style Smoked Sausage. It's a Southern version of keilbasa and I slice it and bake it in the oven. I don't want anything else with it, just that. I've also been wanting a filet cooked on the grill and I'm going to get that tomorrow or the next day, but usually I don't much care either away whether I have meat or not. Vegetables and carbs are usually what I crave. Since I've been in menopause I've started craving foods again like when I was pregnant, but I'll go with it lol.

My older daughter who is in culinary school is always eager to try different foods and she will eat a lot of the vegetable dishes that I want but the rest of my family isn't that easy to feed. Usually meals here are a meat, a starch, and maybe a vegetable, unless it's a pasta dish then it's just meat, pasta, sauce and cheese. All that is good but it gets old when you have maybe only 20 or 25 different things you can cook that your family will like.

I crave meat too. They say that to watch and experience what goes on behind the scenes will mess that up. It does. It does for me. But I have to keep reminding myself of what's going on or I lose the connection. I'm totally addicted to meat. For me, abstaining from meat is like trying not to smoke or drink. I find it easier to not eat meat than to not drink or smoke. I guess it's b/c when I look at what's being done to others in order for me to enjoy their flesh, I feel too guilty to indulge in it. Drinking and smoking is only going to harm myself. And that's my decision. And I get pleasure from it. So it's not as black and white to me.

My Doc's are huge. I normally wear 10.5's in gym shoes, and they're so big they gave me blisters on my heals. The jacket is size medium and is like new. If I were rich, I'd just donate the stuff. But, I'm not. I need the money to pay for surgeries I still owe my parents for (for my late companion, LADY (R.I.P.)).

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

I count as a Flexitarian or rather Flexigan (semi-vegan) since I am allergic to eggs, dairy but also wheat protein and soy protein, so meat alternatives are out of the question. I however only eat meat on rare occasions and not because of some animal right stuff but because a lot of meat is too greasy for me when cooked. I don't subscribe to the whole veganism movement thing as I view all beings as equal, which means if I eat plants, then why not animals like snakes, allis, salamanders, mutton, buffalo or poultry? I have tried crickets and june bugs before but they arent real meals but rather snacks. I only decided to eat meat only once a week or month.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2015, 12:32 am

Aniihya wrote:
I count as a Flexitarian or rather Flexigan (semi-vegan) since I am allergic to eggs, dairy but also wheat protein and soy protein, so meat alternatives are out of the question. I however only eat meat on rare occasions and not because of some animal right stuff but because a lot of meat is too greasy for me when cooked. I don't subscribe to the whole veganism movement thing as I view all beings as equal, which means if I eat plants, then why not animals like snakes, allis, salamanders, mutton, buffalo or poultry? I have tried crickets and june bugs before but they arent real meals but rather snacks. I only decided to eat meat only once a week or month.

Plants don't cry when you pick them. I avoid meat b/c I know (and have witnessed) the suffering animals go through in order for me to enjoy eating them. It's like paying the hit man. Most people wouldn't want to go up to a cow, stun them with a captive bolt pistol, and then skin them alive in order to enjoy eating their flesh. This is behind the scenes stuff that is one hundred percent factual. It's much easier to buy the slab of beef in the store than to "process" the cow or any other animal yourself. Plus, most plants do not die when you pick their fruit/vegetables. The roots are still in place and produce more in time.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2015, 2:56 am

Aniihya wrote:

If you feel all beings are equal, then why do you eat cow/pig/chicken etc. flesh instead of human flesh? Besides the fact that it is illegal.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 3:35 am

noodler wrote:
Aniihya wrote:

Plants don't cry when you pick them. I avoid meat b/c I know (and have witnessed) the suffering animals go through in order for me to enjoy eating them. It's like paying the hit man. Most people wouldn't want to go up to a cow, stun them with a captive bolt pistol, and then skin them alive in order to enjoy eating their flesh. This is behind the scenes stuff that is one hundred percent factual. It's much easier to buy the slab of beef in the store than to "process" the cow or any other animal yourself. Plus, most plants do not die when you pick their fruit/vegetables. The roots are still in place and produce more in time.

People do forget that there is a gut pile behind every hamburger. Thats very true.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

WhimsicalPianist
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Sep 2015, 10:27 am

Im an aspie vegan. :)
I have only been a vegan for a couple months but i plan on staying vegan for the rest of my life.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 1:47 pm

I've been a vegetarian for a decade now, and while I've considered a vegan diet, I'm not sure if I want to make that switch. I've started to volunteer at food events though.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 2:18 pm

I have my vegetarian weeks but this hasn't been one...

I do prefer fish to meat though.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 12:36 am

Me. I actually totally lost appetite for all animal products by the end of January (this year). I also am slowly losing appetite for less nutritious, processed foods and find myself craving salads nowadays. I can't imagine craving meat anymore, though. Just the thought of eating it grosses me out now.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

mild mannered missanthrope
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2015, 5:30 am

I am an aspie vegan! I've been vegetarian for 21 years & vegan for 3 years. I wanted to be vegan innitialy. I quit meat as soon as i realy understood where it came from... I just realy want to protect animals and the environment as much as i can.

I have been nuts about nuts & seeds lately. Does anyone have any recipes to share? Cashew cream cheese is my recent favourite:

Cashew cream cheese
1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked in water 4-8 hours, drained. (roasted cashews will work too)
2 tbsp. light tasting oil of your choice
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. salt

Blend until smooth (1-2 minutes). Store covered 1 week in the fridge or freeze for upto 3 months.

You can add herbs and spices. Roasted garlic, rosemary and lemon zest is my favorite. I also really like adding just a bit of lemon zest to the main batch so that I can use it for sweet or savory topping.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

I'm an aspie vegan, and have been so for three years now.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm

I'm vegetarian/vegan, I am basically vegan but sometimes have something with eggs in it. I guess that's technically ovo-vegetarian but I try to avoid it usually. I haven't eaten red meat in about 7 years, the last kind of meat I ate was just a little fish at a sushi restaurant a while ago, I don't make a habit of that though, it was a special occasion. I would never eat anything higher up than fish ever again though.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

I am, along with my sister {who may be an Aspie herself}, still trying to turn vegan, but our mother enjoys saying that being vegan is wrong.

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 23 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 1:09 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I am, along with my sister {who may be an Aspie herself}, still keep trying to turn vegan, but our mother enjoys saying that being vegan is wrong.

My mom used to worry about me being vegan for a while, but after a few months she realized I knew what I was doing and eased up. I hope you guys can change her mind.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 2:22 pm

I really want to be a vegetarian, but I'm so small and skinny that I can't seem to get enough protein unless I eat meat. Plus, my metabolism is kind of weird so I need to eat lots.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 2:38 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I really want to be a vegetarian, but I'm so small and skinny that I can't seem to get enough protein unless I eat meat. Plus, my metabolism is kind of weird so I need to eat lots.

I'm not going to speak to you personally because I don't know your metabolism but it is actually very easy to get your protein from plant sources. Beans, tofu, nuts and legumes all contain high amounts of protein. Not to mention virtually all vegetables have some protein. You might want to give it a second look.

By the way I'm very skinny as well and my weight hasn't changed since I went vegan.