Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Legatia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2018, 12:16 pm

I've been trying to go vegan for years now, but I'm really struggling. I've been completely vegetarian for about 3 years before, but for some reason I started eating meat again during my 3rd pregnancy. I'm really bad at resisting my cravings, I think that's why... But I try my best to be as close as possible to vegan.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

19 Feb 2018, 6:08 am

Been a vegan aspie for 21 years now and I've finally found a vegan cheese I like after all this time!

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 11:07 pm

Tibergrace wrote:
I have considered it, but it's pretty costly to have a good, high quality vegan diet in Alaska.

Beans are expensive in Alaska?

Sorry. But seriously, when I went vegan, I just replaced meat with beans. How about Soymilk, is that expensive? (Do you have a Costco up there?) How about veggie patties, they're cheaper than meat patties in WA. (As for cheese, I don't really eat Chao cheese except for a treat. I don't put cheese on things.)

PlanarFracture
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2018, 6:53 pm

I've been vegan for over half a year at this stage. Great change, feel better for it. The first few weeks of veganism were ugly, though. For anyone considering the change: the beginning stage does not involve much glamorous frolicking through fields of flowers filled with the light of purity. :wink: Prepare for toilet trouble and gas. It does pass however, and thank god for that.
As time has gone by, I have become stricter in terms of what defines me as a vegan as well. It started with the food I was eating but hasn't stopped there as animal cruelty indeed does not stop with the food we consume. Threw out/donated/gave away my favourite boots, my bag... all my makeup... expensive perfumes... tonnes of things. Felt like a great loss at the time, but after a few months absence I realised I missed none of it. The value I attached to these old gifts and purchases turned out to be a vapid, spindly thing. Veganism has taught me so far to break away from the fake, consumerist delusion that, women especially, need a million products containing a million ingredients in order to 'be' healthy.