What to do with this guy who is attracted to me?

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
And I told the Italian guy that I have a boyfriend (even though I don't). He backed off then.

Great!

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 1:24 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
And I told the Italian guy that I have a boyfriend (even though I don't). He backed off then.

Great!

You wouldn´t wanna know how persistent and pathic he was. He even asked if my boyfriend was hotter than me. Too stupid and rude.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:20 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
There MUST BE dozens of girls that want him even though he said he's 'not good with the girl thing'. I don't think he likes me because if he did why didn't he contact me?

Isn't that a really inconsistent argument? If he isn't good with girls wouldn't that mean he might not contact girls? Because that is what it often means.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:37 pm

rdos wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
There MUST BE dozens of girls that want him even though he said he's 'not good with the girl thing'. I don't think he likes me because if he did why didn't he contact me?

Isn't that a really inconsistent argument? If he isn't good with girls wouldn't that mean he might not contact girls? Because that is what it often means.

Yes. That´s what I´d think. He didn´t tell me, he told my friend. I said to her that I found it strange because he seems to converse so easily and casually with girls and he has plenty of female ´friends´ (although he says he doesn´t have any good friends). My friend then responded: 'perhaps he keeps getting friendzoned?'. But I just can't imagine because he's such a cutie and sociable. I was working in the computer lab this afternoon and all of a sudden he came sit next to me. I felt like my face was flushed, but it probably wasn't. OMG that felt so weird and exiting at the same time. I didn't act flirty with him because there were other people around us and I figured he'd not be interested. He was also pretty quick to leave since he just had to print something. That to me also indicates that he has no interest, otherwise he would have stuck around a little bit longer.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:04 pm

What if the guy you're attracted to is just shy? Maybe you will have to make the first move.

(LOL! I need to take my own advice. I never make the first move.)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 4:34 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Yes. That´s what I´d think. He didn´t tell me, he told my friend. I said to her that I found it strange because he seems to converse so easily and casually with girls and he has plenty of female ´friends´ (although he says he doesn´t have any good friends).

That's totally different. I can easily socialize with females I have no romantic interest in. It's very different from making contact with somebody I have a romantic interest for. In fact, in order to ask attractive women for a dance when I'm out, I typically "fake" that I only want to dance, otherwise I often don't dare to ask them for a dance. Works very well, but it never develops into anything else than friendships.

Cafeaulait wrote:
My friend then responded: 'perhaps he keeps getting friendzoned?'

Quite likely if he does it like I do it on dances. They can sense that he is not romantically interested, and maybe he needs to fake that in order to dare to make contact?

Cafeaulait wrote:
I was working in the computer lab this afternoon and all of a sudden he came sit next to me. I felt like my face was flushed, but it probably wasn't. OMG that felt so weird and exiting at the same time. I didn't act flirty with him because there were other people around us and I figured he'd not be interested. He was also pretty quick to leave since he just had to print something. That to me also indicates that he has no interest, otherwise he would have stuck around a little bit longer.

I don't think it does. If he is romantically interested in you, maybe just sitting next to you was a big step for him? I think the next step is yours. :-)

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:02 am

Em_tsuj and rdos: thanks for your advice. The guy is an ESTJ though so he is not introverted. He easily makea contact with others.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:18 pm

It sounds to me that his attraction towards you is only physical. If ignoring him doesn't help, it's better to say it directly and even harshly like a lot of people have already suggested.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:31 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Unfortunately it's not the same guy, Boo. He's waaaaaaay not as cute is the guy I liked.
I don't have the gutts to approach the other guy. He is so hot and smart and sweet and idealistic and a great leader and sociable and likeable and he loves his family and and... I think he is outta my league. There MUST BE dozens of girls that want him even though he said he's 'not good with the girl thing'. I don't think he likes me because if he did why didn't he contact me? I don't want a f***buddy, but something serious.

Seriously, do you have to use that F-word?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 2:16 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Unfortunately it's not the same guy, Boo. He's waaaaaaay not as cute is the guy I liked.
I don't have the gutts to approach the other guy. He is so hot and smart and sweet and idealistic and a great leader and sociable and likeable and he loves his family and and... I think he is outta my league. There MUST BE dozens of girls that want him even though he said he's 'not good with the girl thing'. I don't think he likes me because if he did why didn't he contact me? I don't want a f***buddy, but something serious.

Seriously, do you have to use that F-word?

Seriously, did the forum software have to automatically sensor the word? I don't really see what's so offensive about it. At least it's not a euphemism like friends with benefits.