Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 11:20 pm

Does anyone else here still sleep with one? I have a lion one that sits next to my pillows to "watch" over me as I sleep. I have quite a few other stuffed animals and plushies on my desk above my monitor as well.

I apologize if this seems like a strange topic, just in a sad mood and trying to get my mind off of things.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 11:45 pm

I do! I love sleeping with Fluttershy and Axel lately. Oh, and my scarfy too. I tend to alternate between a lot of them because of anxiety and such. Last time, I was sleeping with my fluffy Chewbacca plush. Sometimes, I'll sleep with my Grumpy Cat, My Elsa doll or even my Kaito plush too. It really depends on what my mood is lol.

On my bed post thing, I have my pound puppy duct taped to there. It was given to me by my grandfather before he died when I was just a baby. I feel like my pound puppy watches over and protects me like my grandfather always does. They keep all of the bad things away.

calstar2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2014, 12:07 am

I still sleep with my baby blanket, but no consistent stuffed animals.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 12:28 am

I have a total of ten stuffed animals on my bed with me (it's a bunk bed with rails so they're tucked into corners). I rotate out sleeping with Molly, my very old stuffed rabbit, and Willoughby, the stuffed mouse I got during my mother's second divorce. I also have my blue blanket which I picked up during my Peanuts obsession (Linus was/is my favourite :)).

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 3:03 am

I outgrew them decades ago, but there are two kicking around my place. One was a silly gift from a relative, which is usually stuffed into a drawer. The other is a silly "worry bird" with a little story card that comes with it, that I gave to my mother as a silly gift, probably 2 or 3 decades ago. I ended up with it after she died. It sits in a decorative plant pot, without any plants, and looks worried all the time, probably because I never pay it any attention.

I would prefer a real pet, but have become more sensitive to pet fur over the years. Also, my worsening health makes it hard enough to take care of myself. I really can't handle a pet any more. I do enjoy spending time with neighbor pets, and those of relatives, but that doesn't happen often. I don't consider reptiles (furless pets) to be friendly or cuddly, so they don't appeal to me as pets. I don't mind hanging out with birds at a pet shop, but having to put up with their noise all the time would drive me nuts, so birds are out. Fish, like retiles, aren't my idea of a friendly, cuddly pet, either. So, I am now stuck with being petless. All I can handle now are pet rocks, and plants. Some plants are sort of furry, though. I like the purple passion plant. It has long, scalloped leaves that are dark green. There is nice purple fuzz all over the leaves and stems, and if you can get it to bloom, it has orangy yellow flowers. I used to grow them, but never knew they could bloom until I saw one blooming at someone's house. I haven't seen these plants in decades, and have wanted to get one again for many years. I never see them in nurseries any more. Don't know why not.

Anyway, as for stuffed animals, my place is cluttered enough, without adding piles of stuffed animals. I am slowly trying to whittle the mess down, but it's going to be a long job. And maybe I'll pay some attention to my stuffed worry bird. :lol:

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 9:37 am

I sleep with my bears Justin and Madison every night.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:32 am

Nope. I have stuffed animals around, and still love really huge furry things, but I feel no need to share a bed with them. I prefer my books.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

I also have a pillow pet.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:04 am

I have a couple of them on my bed. Although I never touch them. They're just decorations. I didn't have any stuffed animals when I was little. I prefer to hug people instead. :)

AspERMD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Nov 2014, 12:47 pm

I love stuffed animals. I have a stuffed jellybelly puppy on my bed or nightstand. Stuffed animals have always brought me comfort. I'm STILL sad that I've lost Pegasus and Wraggles decades ago, I still have Maria and Lamby. I always have to cut the tag to free them as soon as I buy them

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2014, 1:00 pm

Sure. I didn't always, but I'm slowly building up a collection. There's a Smurfette I call Suzie; she's my favorite. There's a bear named Brian who I've had since I was little. There's Lenny, a stuffed lion. And I've got a new bear coming in the mail, so that will make four. :)

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm

I slept with a black panther for a few nights about a week ago but he kept hogging the bed so I kicked him out.

I have had my eye on the cutest bear for a while now but he's AU$30.00

Thought about it though.

Here's my black panther! Cute, ain't he?! Just a pity he's a bed hog:

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 8:22 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
I slept with a black panther for a few nights about a week ago but he kept hogging the bed so I kicked him out.

I have had my eye on the cutest bear for a while now but he's AU$30.00

Thought about it though.

Here's my black panther! Cute, ain't he?! Just a pity he's a bed hog:

He is spectacular. I'd love a soft toy that big but I don't know where I'd put it.

I have lots of stuffed toys, at one point I had 397, I have about 30 now. I don't have any in my bed though, I used to but they always ended up on the floor and I felt bad for them so they lived on top of my bookcase.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 8:26 pm

What a sweet panther! He's so precious! Look at that black fur and those blue eyes, and the whole build of him!

I love my eight Charity bears and miss them. My dad gave them away several years ago thinking I wasn't coming back. One of them was named Lars after Lars the little polar bear. My son has two Lars bears and one of his middle names is Larsen. I had taken a liking to that name after I started paying attention to Lars names and I liked the Scandinavian culture of it.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm

Wow, ImAnAspie, that's the most realistic plush panther I've ever seen! :)

I sleep with a bunch of stuffed animals - most of them are quite small, though. My favorite ones are Dory, a dolphin, Oh the Boov from the movie "Home," and a couple of Disney Tsum Tsums and Itty Bittys.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2015, 1:10 am

I used to have a build-a-bear from disneyland from when I was five, but now a days I either have my dog laying with me or my three kittens