Do you think old users will come back after the new site bec

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 9:48 am

I really hope so I don't know why kingdom of Rats left or I don't know how many will or have because I haven't checked I haven't seen my friends posting in a while Like I said before.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:19 am

You would have to find a way to let these "old users" know that a new WrongPlanet has been created.

Otherwise: they would have to do all the work--and they might not want to do all the work.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:27 am

I doubt it, to be honest. I think after a certain time here posting, you tend to find most is the same topics coming up over and over, obviously, as newly diagnosed people join with the same questions. I imagine some might just check in occasionally but very few people remain on a forum for more than a year or two. Most move elsewhere or other interests take over.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

KoR left???

A voice I will miss.
I think this place is very good, very helpful. I can see why aspects of interacting here might burn out the mods or cause people to step away for a bit, but I don't see a better place that offers the same things at the moment, so I think people will come back.

Will there actually be a new Wrong Planet? There must be some big obstacles to making the change.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:10 am

KOR hasn't posted in a while. I'm not sure if she actually "left."

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:54 am

Well, if they do come back I don't see how it could be because of the upgrade, since they likely wouldn't even know about it.

A lot of people have left. WP has always had a high turn over rate...

Graelwyn wrote:
I think after a certain time here posting, you tend to find most is the same topics coming up over and over, obviously, as newly diagnosed people join with the same questions. I imagine some might just check in occasionally but very few people remain on a forum for more than a year or two. Most move elsewhere or other interests take over.

8O One year??! Sure, some threads are repeated, but there is always something new too, in one part of the forum or the other. I can't imagine leaving WP myself, after almost 6 years.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I doubt it, to be honest. I think after a certain time here posting, you tend to find most is the same topics coming up over and over, obviously, as newly diagnosed people join with the same questions. I imagine some might just check in occasionally but very few people remain on a forum for more than a year or two. Most move elsewhere or other interests take over.

I have been on this site over a year and don't plan on leaving, I think I've taken a break or two before for a few days/weeks but, but not even close to considering leaving this forum. There are also a couple of others I've been on for over 2 years which I don't plan on leaving though one I post in more on occasion as it moves slower. I did not know most people only spent as little as a year on the same forum.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

What ever happed with the upgrade?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 1:34 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Well, if they do come back I don't see how it could be because of the upgrade, since they likely wouldn't even know about it.

A lot of people have left. WP has always had a high turn over rate...

Graelwyn wrote:
I think after a certain time here posting, you tend to find most is the same topics coming up over and over, obviously, as newly diagnosed people join with the same questions. I imagine some might just check in occasionally but very few people remain on a forum for more than a year or two. Most move elsewhere or other interests take over.

8O One year??! Sure, some threads are repeated, but there is always something new too, in one part of the forum or the other. I can't imagine leaving WP myself, after almost 6 years.

Unless they where here when a site upgrade was being discussed....though I have to wonder what happened to that, thought it was supposed to get updated like two weeks ago but clearly that never occurred. Though a couple of people who posted and posted in 'I am leaving' threads did mention frustration with this site and flaws it has due to being in need of an update so it runs more smoothly with less errors.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Nov 2014, 1:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

I have been on this site over a year and don't plan on leaving, I think I've taken a break or two before for a few days/weeks but, but not even close to considering leaving this forum. There are also a couple of others I've been on for over 2 years which I don't plan on leaving though one I post in more on occasion as it moves slower. I did not know most people only spent as little as a year on the same forum.
I've been here for over 4 years & also have not plans of leaving. I have taken some breaks & took one for a couple months due to life situation & no access to a comp & I probably will take more periodic breaks but shorter than that one. I do find alot of the same topics here & get bored with em but this is the only forum I go to nowadays so I'll still check in.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm

nick007 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

I've been here for over 4 years & also have not plans of leaving. I have taken some breaks & took one for a couple months due to life situation & no access to a comp & I probably will take more periodic breaks but shorter than that one. I do find alot of the same topics here & get bored with em but this is the only forum I go to nowadays so I'll still check in.

I have been a member around 8 years. I think I spent the first few years posting and reading pretty obsessively as during that time, autism and spectrum disorders became my special interest, but then I just got bored I think, things got a bit chaotic here for a time and my interest shifted over to fitness and nutrition and I have been on that forum for over two years almost daily now. But from observing, a large number of people on forums seem to only hang around for a limited time, then you have a set of what I would call 'regulars' who remain for a longer period. I tended to mostly stick to general, random and members only, occasionally dipping into a few others, so maybe that is why I got bored. I also never really gelled with many people here. I was known but not close to anyone.

It will vary for different people, I suppose.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 3:17 pm

Right after multiple members expressed their decision to leave, Alex announced that there would be a new site. Two weeks after that announcement, he took down the banners on the website that said it would be upgraded. I'm not sure if that means the new site has bugs or something or that he only made that announcement so as to not lose more members- with no intention of an upgrade. I guess we'll find out, huh'n?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

13 Nov 2014, 4:57 pm

When it comes to places like this, it is probably healthy to drop everything, and clear the air once in a while. move on, and maybe come back later. I read an article once that said people who are on chat lines, and text all day actually lower their I.Q.

Things change. Nothing is perfect. People can be irritating. People have lives to live. Challenges, occupations, practices, and goals. All kinds of reasons.

One thing is for sure. When someone on a site like this just disappears, you may have no idea why. No sence worrying your pritty little head about it either.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 5:24 pm

yournamehere wrote:
When it comes to places like this, it is probably healthy to drop everything, and clear the air once in a while. move on, and maybe come back later. I read an article once that said people who are on chat lines, and text all day actually lower their I.Q.

Things change. Nothing is perfect. People can be irritating. People have lives to live. Challenges, occupations, practices, and goals. All kinds of reasons.

One thing is for sure. When someone on a site like this just disappears, you may have no idea why. No sence worrying your pritty little head about it either.

Not so sure a forum is the same as a chat line or texting all day, I would also think it would somewhat depend on the nature of the conversation as well as subject matter. Though too much of anything isn't healthy.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm

Most people don't come back to forums and sites they left but you never know some might come back

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm

Alex has been on more often in recent days.