Do you think old users will come back after the new site bec

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm

Alex has been on more often in recent days.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
Well, if they do come back I don't see how it could be because of the upgrade, since they likely wouldn't even know about it.

Unless they where here when a site upgrade was being discussed....though I have to wonder what happened to that, thought it was supposed to get updated like two weeks ago but clearly that never occurred. Though a couple of people who posted and posted in 'I am leaving' threads did mention frustration with this site and flaws it has due to being in need of an update so it runs more smoothly with less errors.

That could be, of course. But I assumed when Jen said "old users" that she meant people who haven't been here in quite a while, and an upgrade has only been discussed at length recently, although TallyMan has mentioned it several times, and it has come up quite a bit over the last year or so, as far more errors were seen.

According to the thread about it the company doing the job is delayed, but are now doing the final testings.

Sweetleaf wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
When it comes to places like this, it is probably healthy to drop everything, and clear the air once in a while. move on, and maybe come back later. I read an article once that said people who are on chat lines, and text all day actually lower their I.Q.

Things change. Nothing is perfect. People can be irritating. People have lives to live. Challenges, occupations, practices, and goals. All kinds of reasons.

One thing is for sure. When someone on a site like this just disappears, you may have no idea why. No sence worrying your pritty little head about it either.

Not so sure a forum is the same as a chat line or texting all day, I would also think it would somewhat depend on the nature of the conversation as well as subject matter. Though too much of anything isn't healthy.

I have to agree with that. Writing on a forum isn't like texting. It's not shallow in content and full of abbreviations and leet.
Your typical social media on the other hand....

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 12:50 am

jenisautistic wrote:
I really hope so I don't know why kingdom of Rats left or I don't know how many will or have because I haven't checked I haven't seen my friends posting in a while Like I said before.

I didn't know KOR left as well. I did like her and have much respect for her. Given the alternative, I'd rather she left if the other possible scenario is she may have been sectioned again. She so doesn't need that!
I will see if her blog is still up. Been awhile since I checked it out...

Edit: What I feared most must be the case. Not sure but I went to her blog and last entry was 15 Sep. The newest thread she posted on here is the 14th of Sep. So being she is on GMT I suspect she went offline everywhere and wherever she is, I hope she is alive and ok. Now I am very worried!!

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 11:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Alex has been on more often in recent days.

Interesting question..but why? Must be the fact that a lot of users have been making their bed nice and rosy for far too long..but now.. because they've reached a cut off point..like a state pension.. we neither see..nor witness any of them leaving..not that their were any British Mods to pick up the pieces of this equation.

I would debate why anyone would want to return to a site they've been pushed off of, because we're hardly going to set up a mourning appeal in their favour. Must be a bad sleeping habit..and the users we like ever returning? well, pigs might fly to that.

I think I might have to post a suggestion at a later date.. after listening to the overall feedback of different nationalities. Just something in a language that speaks volumes.. or the appeal is lost.. on everybody. (who's anybody). :o

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Oct 2015, 2:56 pm

I've had this account here for 9 years to the day. Does that make me an Old user? I quit posting regularly because I don't have the internet at my house so I have to go somewhere with WI-FI. But I'll try to hang out abit at wrongplanet, lots of new faces here! :o

ScottyD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2015, 9:12 am

I do know that, whenever any change is made to a website, I do not like it so I tend not to come back to the website for a while. That may be because every change so far to any website (and this is not specifically Wrong Planet) always makes it worse and less user-friendly than what it was before - I suspect more to do with "progress" than the fact it has changed!

But it can take me a bit of time to adjust to the change. Wrong Planet itself, not just on this matter, but on other things, doesn't appear to be very 'autism-friendly'. To be fair to WP though, they did at least give some notification to registered users via email. But did they consult in advance and seek views from people including me as to whether there needed to be any change - grrr!? :lol: