Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 10:30 am

What colors do you use?? I use pencil colors, I tried water colors once but I didn't enjoy it
And do you draw on a paper or a canvas?? I draw on papers

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 11:31 am

Most of my drawing and art supplies are cheap and easily bought almost anywhere stationary or office supplies are sold. Sharpie permanent markers, Bic pens, and copy paper. Since I draw cartoons almost every day I can't rely too much on expensive supplies, although a good-quality pen with long-lasting, fast-drying ink that doesn't smear and flows smoothly without skipping or leaving little blobs of ink, and allows me to draw a long time without getting "hand fatigue", is hard to find.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 3:40 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Most of my drawing and art supplies are cheap and easily bought almost anywhere stationary or office supplies are sold. Sharpie permanent markers, Bic pens, and copy paper. Since I draw cartoons almost every day I can't rely too much on expensive supplies, although a good-quality pen with long-lasting, fast-drying ink that doesn't smear and flows smoothly without skipping or leaving little blobs of ink, and allows me to draw a long time without getting "hand fatigue", is hard to find.

I use pens and markers sometimes but mostly pencils, my supplies are all stationary too

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm

All of them....but I guess I prefer colored pencil.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:51 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
All of them....but I guess I prefer colored pencil.

I prefer color pencils too

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm

I use charcoal on textured paper. I like being able to smear with my fingers and use a gum eraser. I draw with medium to thick gel pens that can be bought at the grocery store. They put out a lot of ink without much effort. I guess I mostly just use black on white medium. I'm wanting to get into oil painting again. I'm thinking my next project will be oil, but only two colors. Green and black, purple and black, or green and purple.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

I'm a photographer who works primarily in black and white. When I do shoot in color, I favor either very intense, saturated colors or mostly muted with brief touches of color.

I can't draw very well, but I still try. I have a bottle of walnut ink which has a warm sepia tone to it. It's a beautiful ink and I enjoy using it just because I love its color. But I also like a very dark black india ink on occasion.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 4:37 am

noodler wrote:
I use charcoal on textured paper. I like being able to smear with my fingers and use a gum eraser. I draw with medium to thick gel pens that can be bought at the grocery store. They put out a lot of ink without much effort. I guess I mostly just use black on white medium. I'm wanting to get into oil painting again. I'm thinking my next project will be oil, but only two colors. Green and black, purple and black, or green and purple.

I like smearing with my fingers too but I don't use charcoal much because the place I'm sitting in and my fingers won't be clean later lol
jagatai wrote:
I'm a photographer who works primarily in black and white. When I do shoot in color, I favor either very intense, saturated colors or mostly muted with brief touches of color.

I can't draw very well, but I still try. I have a bottle of walnut ink which has a warm sepia tone to it. It's a beautiful ink and I enjoy using it just because I love its color. But I also like a very dark black india ink on occasion.

I don't know how to photograph very good
I never tried using ink but I use pens or markers sometimes

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 7:41 am

I prefer to draw with a grey pencil on paper. I don't do so often, but once I start a drawing it will absorb me completely.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 5:50 pm

SameStars wrote:
I prefer to draw with a grey pencil on paper. I don't do so often, but once I start a drawing it will absorb me completely.

I draw with grey pencils too I'm more used to them. I do draw often, what makes me get absorbed in it is when I'm really enjoying like if I'm drawing while thinking or drawing something I really like or something for my friend or when people compliment the drawing so much while its still unfinished

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm

Watercolour pencils, chalk pastels and a graphite 2B pencil. I like textured paper, but mostly use cheap and cheerful A4 printing paper.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:20 am

Amity wrote:
Watercolour pencils, chalk pastels and a graphite 2B pencil. I like textured paper, but mostly use cheap and cheerful A4 printing paper.

I also like textured papers, I love shading and coloring on a textured paper more than on a normal sketch or printing paper

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Nov 2014, 2:26 am

Is that Kaneki in your avatar

I usualy prefer Copic or watercolors when I color traditionally (which is rare these days).

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2014, 5:03 am

Yes, I think it is Kaneki too. :) Certainly looks a lot like him.

Skurvey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2014, 4:13 pm

I love bright colours and my favourite medium is oil pastel. I go for the smearing technique so it's like finger painting - totally hands on and very messy, but the smoothness of the oil is pleasing. Unfortunately there is a big difference between the cheap ones and the expensive ones, my favourite brand is Caran Dache; really soft and gooey. Unfortunately they are really expensive at nearly $5 a stick, meaning in a big picture I can put $2-300 worth of pastel on!

As to favourite colours, I like to use basic primaries and secondaries and blend them for anything else I need.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:50 am

I don't do much drawing, but when it happens I mostly stick with a regular pencil. I don't color much of my work, because it tends to look artificial.