Feedback on the NEW WrongPlanet site.

Page 18 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 12:34 am

^^ CONGRATS!! !

LyraLuthTinu wrote:
Didn't there used to be a subforum for Married and Family related topics? The Love and Dating one is the closest thing left, and I don't see it being used to talk about married life much. Most of the threads seem to relate to how to get laid, or how unfair it is for people who don't.

i do not remember such a fora at all, though i haven't been here much longer than you have.

*think* "in depth adult life" and "parent's discussion" are meant to accommodate those types of threads of which you speak.

though their actual presence there is another matter. :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

I don't like the fact that some people can post stuff with meaning, and a bot pretends to edit something thats not been posted because it doesn't slot in with their seasonal audit demands. Some of the ones in charge are causing or promoting childish mayhem, are firing back on all cylinders by arguing for no real reason other than to meanfully say, I don't think you understand my meaning, so go look it up.(treating people like dirt is rubbed off onto them from early traces of assuming a role no one questions nor cares about.)
It's a bit rude and tends to turn people off when stupid tactics to being forced to agree are being directed at them, and surprise surprise, they carry on with their point unil they have an answer, or until they've succeeded in telling some member off and using silly comments to illustrate it. If that's autism what am i? I dont need to answer something that to me, is the scene of future rubbish and continuous liability threads. As well as this, abusing a position in charge and ruefully ignoring points by scoring against a member they've come to dislike. What I'd say to that is look up the word mature cheddar, its still in the deli section of the Thesaurus. There's mature and theres cheddar.

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 12:36 am

After 3 years of this blasted thing, I have feedback. Every time I try just to read posts it seems as though the site is down! I mean really? Did someone forget that there are thousands of active users a DAY and undersize the servers. All this not to mention the spam problems. Oddly enough, the old site rarely crashed to where it was completely dead for up to 15 minutes, the worst it ever did was give you an episode of Autism Talk TV and tell you to retry posting which almost invariably always worked.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

RichardJ wrote:
After 3 years of this blasted thing, I have feedback. Every time I try just to read posts it seems as though the site is down! I mean really? Did someone forget that there are thousands of active users a DAY and undersize the servers. All this not to mention the spam problems.

The thousands are quietly reduced to the hundreds now, seeing as site efficiency and updates have gone down. The delegation is passed on, the feedback gone amiss.. when the leader has gone from the site, the sub leaders hold a betting comp for how many users they hate can be picked off.
I like to have ice cream chats, not tittle tattle and outrages because of mayhem instilled by bystanders. Some of my favourite members have been banned for no reason, the reason being they were told mutiple times; which doesn't make sense, told what? Each user is of an age, an opinion and a right to state whatever problem they may have with the governing here and its being let down. In an attempt to keep the place tidy, the housekeeping rituals have to be met, which is highly crass and hypocritical from most of them, who switch around comments and names like bread and butter. I would guess this forum has around 180 active users,maybe every few days, buts its monitored by input frequency not who's posting what.
Having a feeling should be getting across a message not shouting opnioins around, it just makes it all sound so harsh and generally boring, the user will end up fasting on their front porch, or cry themselves to sleep.
The only change I see is that the colour scheme has changed and some of the challenges are gone, otherwise, these other governors I speak of are making rods for their own backs, because they like to show who's boss! If that doesn't sound like a bully in charge of other bullies, then what is?
Why are threads constantly being monitored? What user is constantly being monitored for what?
The site is going down a negative, exploitative route. Some of us need reminding we're not perfect. If someone says its alright to call them something sexy that's fine as long as its not being sexist. If it then stops it is for a reason, not because someone has deemed it sexist. Again, depends on topic and discussion.If user says stop, you stop.
Some users are quoting others over and over again just out of mallice and desire for their own hatred.
If some of the words are being twisted here, its because no one knows how to save face or our own for humanitys fate.
Also, routinely check validity of sites infra red codes. We might be getting the warnings, but no one else is implementing the site checks.

namesalltaken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Sep 2017, 2:47 pm

My account was restored, (it had reverted to a very old copy) how did that happen? Ok, I think something is really busted. The image (hobes) when I post here is from 2012, but then on "my account" it shows the current one (grumpy cat)? Clicking the "my account link will alternately show the two different profiles, what's going on?

edit: whatever it was, I fixed it by re-entering everything and uploading a new image.

Also, does anyone else frequently encounter "...nuke...bss resource has been marked as crashed and requires repair" swear it happens 90% of the time I even attempt to use this site.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 7:07 pm

Pretty much the same as before, only I'd like more nations showing up, but I know why, they're too scared to show their true colours here. Of course if they did implement a certain attire or a dress code, then who knows?
I know the ones that have shouted the loudest before are suddenly very quiet or have maybe cold feet about things they know they've done, in order to corner users into admitting false blame and pity for themselves and others and having being deprived of their sanity, seek to take their self medication out on other people. What good does that even do? Get a moderator who understands people, not their dress code, and you'll see the change.
We've lost a few active members who at one time made narcissistic sarcasm appear normal, and you know what?
It still is. Though the problem with that one, is that a little untidy compassion always remains somewhere far in the background.

The one thing I remember is, that as annoying as some of the four nations have been in the past, they actually brought with them leaders of change and some had innovation. I understand losses, and accepting the personal ones aren't actually a defeat. I'd just like to witness some careful consideration of others and recognise when what they're saying isn't being too impersonal and is actually meant for reform, as well as unhindered groupings making headway into new age society.
Maybe losing the right to remain silent on a few things, should it be bothering them. I've forgotten the latest model for things you can't say and often say them anyway, if the bilateral effect on users is growing, time for someone to man or woman up.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

While the site might have undergone some changes, one thing the mods really need to address is letting people who have had their accounts blocked returning under alts.

There are people who have come back multiple times with the mods knowledge who are frankly batshit crazy and neither get any benefit from the site, nor intend to change.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 4:33 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
While the site might have undergone some changes, one thing the mods really need to address is letting people who have had their accounts blocked returning under alts.

There are people who have come back multiple times with the mods knowledge who are frankly batshit crazy and neither get any benefit from the site, nor intend to change.

Yeah....I can feel the presence of one right here....very nearby (not you). ;)

JamesJ
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2018, 1:52 am

I was wondering if you were going to create an app for wrong planet to make it easier to use on the phone and so those who want to meet others on the spectrum, could.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 7:50 pm

logo

Jrjones9933
Notice: WP_User->Id Was Called With An Argument That Is Deprecated Since Version 2.1! Use WP_User->ID Instead. In /Chroot/Home/Wrongpla/Wrongplanet.Net/Html/Wp-Includes/Functions.Php On Line 3193
Edit Profile

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 9:19 am

Sometimes, when I click on an internal link, I receive the following message:

Quote:
General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Also, why is the "MODERATOR ATTENTION: How to get help when you need it" thread locked?

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2018, 8:56 pm

I wonder, How do you get help for a forum hangover when you feel you've been in one place for too long? If you need one to one immediate help, how do you get it?

^^ I believe there is a neutral internship button that excuses the rubbish other uses have made in fear of extraditing themselves out of a membership by reactivating 'new user' profile pics to illustrate how utterly crowd deranging and hopeless of a mindset they are, but then all forums have baduns. Those who ignore fault and readily pass blame onto others after causing it, I'd say are past caring.
If you dominate a lost cause you are bound to crack eventually. No one likes to lead from the front especially if the back has far negative consequences.
To anyone who's looking to becoming a moderator from former past distinction I'd say stop trying so hard to win repetitive brownie points, as your once glory days are over. It's not a goal, its a predecessor to open heart failure and whoever is here looks like they're staying put. Not that I have any problems resuming anchorage and adjusting my resume if anyone's next bypass fails. Poor humour, I guess it must be ''in keeping.''

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 9:06 pm

That has a familiar ring to it.

:wink:

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2018, 9:40 pm

^^When illustrating the status quo of a users seemingly innocent, nocturnal past format, it always does.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

04 Jun 2019, 10:08 pm

I like the old WrongPlanet Forum.

It was easier to find the live chat/feed like other forums.

larsenjw922862

25 Aug 2019, 11:54 pm

I really like the new look of the forum!