Feedback on the NEW WrongPlanet site.

Page 16 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 11:19 pm

I don't like the new site at all. The old site was much better. I could edit my avatar, change my signature, and even change my rank. Now it is all messed up, and I can't do any of that. I posted 1000 messages for nothing. :x

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 8:44 pm

appletheclown wrote:
I don't like the new site at all. The old site was much better. I could edit my avatar, change my signature, and even change my rank. Now it is all messed up, and I can't do any of that. I posted 1000 messages for nothing. :x

I've been waiting at least a month for the ability to change avatars or some word on what's going on, which is kind of ridiculous in the year 2015 imo.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 12:05 am

downbutnotout wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

I've been waiting at least a month for the ability to change avatars or some word on what's going on, which is kind of ridiculous in the year 2015 imo.

This seems like one of those jinxed software projects from the implementation delay of years, to not being quite ready when implamented, to fixes breaking more stuff then it fixed. The new WP is noticeably worse now then when it was rolled out.

If Alex's autistic brain is like mine he is willing to work as long as it takes to get it done. When I was doing software eon's ago I had to be taught that sometimes it is best to start over from scratch. Too late for that now but I would recommend having a whole new group of people take a fresh look at the software. He may need help in hiring people due to TOM issues.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2015, 10:47 am

appletheclown wrote:
I don't like the new site at all. The old site was much better. I could edit my avatar, change my signature, and even change my rank. Now it is all messed up, and I can't do any of that.

I agree completely. My profile is scattered about so much I can't even find my signature, much less change it. The colors are awful as well. When I heard people initially complaining that it was too bright it thought "Yea, right", but it IS too bright! Also, alternating white and very light blue isn't a very effective way to separate threads. The thread read / not read indicators don't appear to work. On the old site, it was very easy to tell which threads had been updated and which ones had not, but now I can't tell one from the other! I spend much less time here now. Its just too much work.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

svetlana
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Apr 2015, 6:20 am

Hope it's okay to ask here. I can read list of posts since my last visit, but there is no 'mark as read' button.

svetlana
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Apr 2015, 6:36 am

downbutnotout wrote:

Works for me I think...

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2015, 8:45 am

svetlana wrote:
Hope it's okay to ask here. I can read list of posts since my last visit, but there is no 'mark as read' button.

You are correct, there is no global 'mark as read' button. The best that you can do is go into the individual forums and click the 'mark as read' button there. Someone else was complaining about that 'feature' in another thread.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

svetlana
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm

inconvenient thing: i have to either visit all unread posts by hand (with the count by 1s this is annoying) or visit all forums by hand (this is annoying too). please add a way to do this from the 'view posts since last visit' page, maybe a 'mark as read' button to each entry.

moreover the 'view posts since last visit' section shows both unread and read posts since last visit; i do not understand how to view only the unread ones, makes it impossible to follow.

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 1 Observatree Close, Pointless Forest, Low Countries

21 Jun 2015, 7:57 am

I worked my way all through this thread searching for even one mention of the word "blogs"...

Maybe i am missing the absolutely obvious, but... anyone?

O yes... i couldn't even edit, two posts this happened, within minutes... we are months further since that was addressed????

O, and just because things happen, and where i am apparently they have decided to do so with a vengeance, i keep losing connection with the net at the most inconvenient of times (not due to WP i hasten to add) - it would be so wonderful and make me feel so much more at ease, if the posting-page would also have some auto-save functionality - i lost so much deeply concentrated writing the other day...

(i do realize there are other ways to prevent this, but really, it is all so... needlessly laborious...)

and so deeply exhausting

may your god forgive you

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm

Bug report:

If I try to log in on the login page ("https://wrongplanet.net/forums/ucp.php?mode=login") instead of using the thingy in the corner (which works fine), it tells me that I have exceeded my maximum number of login attempts and must do a captcha -- it tells me this the very first time I attempt to log in even when I have made no errors in entering my username and password. (I have not tried doing the captcha, as I suspected it would not work any better if I did and I don't like doing captchas....mostly because I don't like doing captchas.)

Love transcends all.

nixiewp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2015, 11:28 am

About 57.5% of the time (give or take 7.5%) on any given page, I am told in a black-to-transparent bar at the top of the page that the site has been updated, should load faster with less down-time, and that we are being told to go to the WP.net site discussion forum if we want to report an error. It's a bit like the "We Use Cookies" bar on the Daily Express website* - you just can't avoid it even if you wanted to.

But hang on a minute... if this is that important an issue, shouldn't it displace the "Welcome to the new Wrong Planet" article that's been on the same bit of the homepage since September?

*I use the Express as a special case. With other sites, the bar or whatever does not appear again, unless you clear your cookies. But with the Express, even if you accept it, it keeps coming back.

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2015, 4:00 pm

The Captchas used to get on my nerves and the slowness all of the time. There used to be a message saying something like, WrongPlanet has a high volume of users at the moment, and then you would be redirected to another page or come back later.

I've noticed that the signature page is hard to remember submitting and, avatars are still low pixel.
There is an overall forum brightness though, which may or may not affect colour blind or other sensory users.

As for changing your username or deleting old posts, the time limit usually takes 24 hours before editing and deletion can only be changed after this time by a site owner/share co-ordinator.

I think its so picking up things such as scams are made easier to detect and less hassle for the general topic in question.

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 8:07 am

Still nothing on the Blogs feature??? No on my end, anyway, but what do i know? I am from Barcelona...

may your god forgive you

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2015, 8:18 am

The guy who posted before me was from Cornwall, and you lose satellite reception on your router out there.
So, I'm just guessing at a mature standard of not leaving yourself exposed from these 'bugs' are to constantly reset and zapp them off.

"Women are made to be loved, not understood."

slave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:37 pm

oblio wrote:
Still nothing on the Blogs feature??? No on my end, anyway, but what do i know? I am from Barcelona...

what if you don't have a god?

:wink:

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:42 pm

Quote:
oblio wrote:

what if you don't have a god?

:wink:

do as i do: stick with goddesses -

;]]

may your god forgive you