Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 7:55 pm

'Similar Topics' at bottom of page points to threads on Asperger movies.

Just as Oscar winning 'Rain Man' boosted awareness on classic Autism, can it be reasoned that a future Academy Award film on Aspergers will further boost awareness on Aspergers? I can imagine such a movie/documentary featuring an Acadamey Award winner with Aspergers!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 2:59 pm

KenM wrote:
Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy has AS IMO.

Actually, Drax's AS-ish behavior could have been the result of him being in prison and forgetting how to properly interact with people over time.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

If you remember, Rocket Raccoon said all of Drax's people take everything literally. Imagine, a whole planet of super strong, fierce and fearless Aspies! :D

badgerface
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2014, 6:29 am

Under the Skin

I thought it was beautifully made; visually rich, subtly underplayed performances, quite a unique experience and a fine example of Cinema as an art form as opposed to a Popcorn-munching, crowd-pleasing money-making Movie.

A definite ASD "vibe" in this one Whether it was intentional or not, it struck a chord with me.

Way too many Movies these days are remakes, rehashed concepts, unoriginal ideas and unimaginatively made, this was an intelligently structured refreshing change to the norm