What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 135 of 246 [ 3933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:42 pm

This isn't really a weird dream, but one with an unexpected side affect.

It hasn't rained in months around here. Our total precipitation for the last few months was 0.01 inches which is just an estimate and is not measurable.

Sunday morning, I had a dream that lasted for quite a while that it was pouring down rain. According to the dream it was so overcast that it stayed dark all day with heavy rain the entire time.

The dream was so real that when I woke up, I nearly called a coworker to tell them that I wasn't going to come by to do some work outside because of all the rain. It was at least 15 minutes before it dawned on me to look out the window and see that it had not been raining at all.

So we ended up taking the bucket truck out to make some repairs that we couldn't reach with our ladder.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:47 pm

^^^that reminded me of a twilight zone episode about a person dreaming that the weather was burning hot because the earth's orbit was taking it too close to the sun, when in reality when they awoke, it was the opposite, the earth was flying away from the sun.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:54 pm

Last night I dreamt that I was weightless! I was like 0mg :P

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:37 am

Dreamt that I was changing clothes in a lockerroom with other transsexuals

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:01 pm

This is by far the strangest dream I have ever had. I had it in my 20s but it is still just as real to me now:

I am in the rainforest. It is the Cameroon highlands in Malaysia. It is so green and vivid and fresh and it is almost like the trees are breathing for me. The air is so fresh. I feel so light and weightless and secure. I realise I am naked but I feel totally relaxed and natural. Then on my path there is a small green dragon. He looks at me and he is smiling. He has the best smile. It is totally contagious and his eyes are twinkling. He is so green and bright and vidid. I am so happy. We just stand there staring at each other and there is this buzzing love between us. We just do that staring, buzzing love thing for what feels like ages. Then I get this thought: I feel like I have to keep this moment forever and ever. Like I never want it to end. So I go to pull something out of my bag thinking it is going to be a camera. Something to document this moment with and eternalise it. But then when it is in my hand I see it is a spiky club. I start battering the dragon. I am horrified but it is just happens.

Change of scene. I am in London. On Horseferry road heading towards the Thames. It is all grey. Thick and grey and oppressive. I am covered in thick heavy fabrics but I feel naked. My skin feels raw and irritated like the air that touches it is corrosive. The air is so heavy. It is hard to breathe. Each breath hurts my lungs. I am aware of something in my hands. It is a horrid kind of luke warm. I don't want to look but I have to. I look down. It is a large grey egg. The last of its warmth is leaving. I realise it is the dragon.

Then I woke up all covered in tears!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:03 am

^^^sounds like what I call a "cold" nightmare. :o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:22 pm

the only dreams where i'm aware of weight per se, were nightmares where I felt like I weighed a ton.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:54 pm

I dreamed that I took a road-trip from my home in the US, to Umbria, Italy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:19 pm

^^that sounds like at least a semi-lucid dream to me. :star:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:23 pm

^I do do experience lucid dreaming, however, I don't think this dream was, as I think I had been completely asleep when it occurred. But, I am not sure how 'semi-lucid' would be, so, perhaps it was? :chin:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:31 pm

^^^consider yourself gifted if you can summon lucidity in your dreams, the closest I've gotten was semi-lucid in that I've been able to return to a dream that was interrupted, picking up where it left off, and I've been able to extend a dream, and extend for a bit, a desirable trend in a dream. but I've not been able to do anything else that normally is associated with lucid dreaming.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:43 pm

^That describes, exactly what I have experienced, on a number of occasions, so, perhaps, I have only experienced semi-lucid dreaming. I will view the full description of lucid dreams. : )

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:00 pm

in a nutshell, it is full self-awareness in one's dream, one is aware of who one is, and one is aware that one is in a dream, and that one can make the dream do one's bidding. higher levels of lucidity equal being able to "step out" of the dream into full astral travel reality.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:14 pm

That^ also describes what I experience, although, I don't think I could step out of a dream and the dream would continue, so, I definitely, do not experience 'higher levels' of lucidity. I can, however, extend and somewhat control how visual hallucinations play out. Although, I only experience visual hallucinations after not having slept for an extended period of time, which isn't often.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:16 pm

I don't know exactly how to describe it, but when the mid-afternoon or early evening slump comes upon me, I go into a trance-like state and then I hear "music of the spheres." like a distant but humongous heavenly choir whose harmonies extend up forever.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:18 pm

That happens to me, although, in my case the trance is the effect of the music I am listening to at the time...