What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 132 of 250 [ 3996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 250  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

Hi Claradoon,

Oops, that wasn't me having that dream about the white whale - it was Tibergrace. After quoting my post with the cartoon about finding Jesus, Tibergrace described a dream that was like Moby Dick / the book of Jonah. Tibergrace's text was under the cartoon, so the "quote" button may have missed out on whose quote it really was.

:-)

It's a remarkable dream, though. I'm almost sorry it wasn't mine; I'd love to have spoken with Mark Twain!

On a side note: has anyone here ever had a dream involving someone you know and care about, and then you find out that this person had the exact same dream, with you in it? That used to happen to me when I was younger (and in love); I've heard of it happening to other people too. Usually completely innocent dreams, like walking in a park.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 8:01 pm

Piobaire wrote:
One of my more common recurrent nightmares is Chene-Stokes or agonal breathing, respiratory arrest, and death.
Turns out that I have severe obstructive sleep apnea, and stop breathing about 63 times an hour in my sleep. Perhaps they're not actually dreams after all.

I sure hope you can get that looked at.

and Esme, I've never had the good fortune to have a mutual dream, but the closest I came to that was both me and my mom were simultaneously awoken by her just departed [RIP] husband, shouting our [respective] names.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jan 2018, 6:52 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Hi Claradoon,

Oops, that wasn't me having that dream about the white whale - it was Tibergrace. After quoting my post with the cartoon about finding Jesus, Tibergrace described a dream that was like Moby Dick / the book of Jonah. Tibergrace's text was under the cartoon, so the "quote" button may have missed out on whose quote it really was.

:-)

It's a remarkable dream, though. I'm almost sorry it wasn't mine; I'd love to have spoken with Mark Twain!

On a side note: has anyone here ever had a dream involving someone you know and care about, and then you find out that this person had the exact same dream, with you in it? That used to happen to me when I was younger (and in love); I've heard of it happening to other people too. Usually completely innocent dreams, like walking in a park.

@ Tibergrace - so sorry to have credited your beautiful dream to somebody else! Does the Jonah idea ring any bells with you? I feel very awkward - I don't believe we've met and here I am, imposing biblical myth on you.

@ Esmerelda - many years ago, mother and I dreamed the exact same dream. After we got over our astonishment, Mom decided we were being silly and it hadn't happened at all.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 3:35 pm

I dreamed that I was trying to figure out Ramanujan's solution to the following problem, but couldn't.

You have a street with n houses on it numbered, in order, from 1 to n and there is a house number x so that the sum of the house numbers to one side of x is equal to the sum of house numbers to the other side of x. If 50 <=n <=500, what is n and x?

For example, if there are 8 houses, the sum of the house numbers to one side of house #6 is 1+2+3+4+5=15 and the sum of the house numbers to the other side of house #6 is 7+8=15.

When asked the problem, instead of providing n and x, Ramanujan provided an equation in the form of a continued fraction to find all such n and x.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 8:42 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:

Interesting. In one of my lucid dreams I "spoke with God" who took the form of this white whale sort of creature, and then turned into a Mark Twain looking guy who I conversed with for a while. We spoke about philosophical things, then I pointed out the fact this was a dream, and wasn't real. His rebuttal: "just because you're dreaming, doesn't mean it isn't real" IIRC that might even be a direct Harry Potter quote. Then he turned back into the whale thing and swam off.

That said I fully think it was just a dream and no more. A very interesting one, though.

Hi, do you not see the symbolism of Esme and the whale? But everything is white - did you pull a Jonah? Take the wrong path? And now follow the right path?

I rewrote the Book of Jonah and if I find it, I'll send it along. It's short.

Could be a commentary on God being "elusive". The characters in Moby Dick were on a quest to hunt the white whale.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 4:52 pm

kokopelli wrote:
I dreamed that I was trying to figure out Ramanujan's solution

are you presently involved in school mathematical studies?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 7:36 pm

i dreamt i was somewhere in Russia, in the countryside outside of a major city. i was on a paved part of a grassy clearing on the side of the road next to a dense tree line, watching two uniformed Russian air force officers chatting about something or another. behind me was a huge red and white airplane atop tall wheels/landing gear, it had a big red star on the tail and side, there was a ladder underneath of it that led inside, so i climbed the ladder and walked into an area behind the cockpit, that led into the passenger cabin that was full of Russians of all ages, speaking in Russian. two young blond-haired Russian kids were somewhat rude, bumping into me on the way back to their seats, without a word. out of the crowd i found an American woman, close-cropped auburn hair, dressed in jean jacket and jeans, she led me out of the plane, to a parked white car packed front and back with other people, and she drove us to this mall down the street, it had an international food court section in it, from Europe and Asia and Australia/NZ. i followed one of the other car passengers into an Australian pre-packaged meal store, it had no actual food on display but had pictures of the food packages, with piped-in aromas, and we chatted a bit with the Australian salespeople. i was a bit frustrated that there was no real food there for me to bite into. then i got separated from my mate and walked through a warren of offices with Russian bureaucrats inside. then i found myself in a large waiting area/atria, with the rest of the passengers from the car, our host had taken off with some other woman and went somewhere in that woman's car, leaving her car parked in the lot. we were all wondering what was going on. then i awoke. :huh:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jan 2018, 3:42 am

^Wow! International dreaming. I notice uniforms - the Russian uniforms at the beginning, then American woman in denim pants & jacket (the USA civilian uniform?). The international mall strikes me as the central piece of the dream.
A mall is an American thing imho. The food is only pics & aromas but no nutrition - Macdonald's et al?

The plane is packed with people and so is the car. Plane and car are both white but plane has red. Driver of car has auburn (red?) hair.

The thing that startles me is your willingness to get into the plane and the car - you go where the action is?

I love that take on empty food in the mall.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 4:17 am

Claradoon wrote:
^Wow! International dreaming. I notice uniforms - the Russian uniforms at the beginning, then American woman in denim pants & jacket (the USA civilian uniform?). The international mall strikes me as the central piece of the dream. A mall is an American thing imho. The food is only pics & aromas but no nutrition - Macdonald's et al? The plane is packed with people and so is the car. Plane and car are both white but plane has red. Driver of car has auburn (red?) hair. The thing that startles me is your willingness to get into the plane and the car - you go where the action is? I love that take on empty food in the mall.

red is my fave color. RED. the officer's uniforms had red trim down the pant legs and the rank insignia shoulder boards on the jackets and the leather strap around the captain's hats they wore. the car had red leather interior that was somewhat sun-faded. I thought the pictures of food in the aussie food place was very chintzy. the piped-in aromas were delicious-smelling, though. the aircraft stayed firmly on the ground, all those people were just spinning their wheels, so I ditched that scene and got in a car whose wheels took me to a different place that ended up being pointless. hmph. :|

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 11:43 am

Dreamt about going to Clif House Restaurant. Ate only a plate full. And felt full. Looked at the soup. Wanted more. To fill an emotional void

Dreamt that looked at someone lying on the floor of the bus. He was lying down

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 2:21 pm

i dreamt i was in a hotel guest room, a fancy place in England somewhere, and an English TV news crew were there to interview Barack and Michelle Obama, who were both sitting in overstuffed extra-size high-backed EZ-chairs in front of a large Xmas tree gaily decorated in an old-fashioned style. Mrs. Obama, who looked much older than her real waking life self, was going on and on, in some embarrassing detail, about their marital relations, and the president, who was looking dwarfed in the chair that was several sizes too large for him, was visibly embarrassed, he sunk back into his chair and he blanched then reddened, then started moaning softly, "oobyyy DOooobbyyy...." repeatedly, then the Xmas tree behind them morphed into his chair, and the arms on his chair started sprouting tree branches, and they grew over him and covered him up, partially shielding him from the audience who was silently watching the spectacle, then the branches sprouted hands which grabbed the president and hefted him up in the air, he shook like a limp Raggedy Anne doll, his head bobbling every which way, and which now took on the appearance of a Mr. Potatohead doll, and he started stammering "YAMANAMA DINKYDIGGITY POOPYDOOPY POOPITYDOOPITYYY!! !" while everybody just watched him.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 3:17 pm

Dreamt that menstrual cycle came

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 3:48 pm

i dreamt that i slept with a particular member of WP.

._____.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

:o

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 1:28 am

it was very enjoyable.

i also had thick, long white hair and was much cuter than normal.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 1:35 am

I don't think I've ever done anything dream-wise with another active WPer.