What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 114 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:07 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I dreamt that I was lying in bed, tossing and turning, glancing over at the alarm clock dreading 6:45 [AM].

Why is that such a dreaded time, if I may ask?

because, in general, I am reluctant to do mornings. i'm a congenital night owl. :tired:

I understand, I am more of a night person as well. :tired:

us night owls oughta stick together :bounce: :bounce:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I dreamt that I was lying in bed, tossing and turning, glancing over at the alarm clock dreading 6:45 [AM].

because, in general, I am reluctant to do mornings. i'm a congenital night owl. :tired:

Indeed. :bounce: One recent dream I had envolved me being in a classroom and being called up to...*gulp*...give a presentation to the class!! ! 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 9:20 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Indeed. :bounce: One recent dream I had envolved me being in a classroom and being called up to...*gulp*...give a presentation to the class!! ! 8O

what kinda "presentation"?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 2:59 pm

The other morning I woke up from what felt like a really long dream about a crazy wedding I was attending.

It wasn't my wedding, someone else was getting married, I was just a guest. There were hundreds of guests, it was a huge reception, and there was non-stop music. But the bizarre thing was, it was like an actual musical. Everyone was singing. It was like a wedding reception as seen in a musical stage play or movie.

And it went on and on and on, with all these different songs and dances people were doing. It was nuts! I don't remember any of the music except I do know none of it was songs already in existence. It was all stuff I've never heard.

I didn't hum any of the tunes into a recorder when I woke up though -- I used to compose music and sometimes I would get something in a dream, and grab my pocket recorder when I woke up (would be a phone app these days). But I don't bother anymore. All these songs were cheesy anyway.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

what kinda "presentation"?

You know, like a project you had to do for extra credit, and you had to go and stand up in front of the whole class and explain it. :o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 11:54 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
You know, like a project you had to do for extra credit, and you had to go and stand up in front of the whole class and explain it. :o

I don't miss those days at all. :o

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

I don't miss those days at all. :o

I dont either. I hated elementary school! :cry:

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 2:28 pm

I remember there was this weird lady (a demon?) who was trying to seduce me, but it all failed because I was asexual. :lol:

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 2:45 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
I remember there was this weird lady (a demon?) who was trying to seduce me, but it all failed because I was asexual. :lol:

That kind of thing happens to me a lot in dreams. :lol:

I remember one dream specifically where I was on a beach surrounded by women trying to seduce me and I was like "Leave me alone, your boobs are obstructing my view of the ocean" :lol:

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:19 am

I used to get really nervous standing in front of a class to give a presentation. Now, in Toastmasters, I love to speak. I wish I had known about Toastmasters or Youth Leadership programs when I was much younger. I didn't join Toastmasters until 1992, when I was 27. I could have used all the help I could get when I was younger.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:52 am

The nightmare thing is part of my sleep disorder, so I have pretty constant nightmares. Last one was o something with long claws tearing up my back, but when I woke up (not screaming, which is a plus) my back wasn't even sore or anything to inspire such a dream. Wut?

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:59 am

I had a dream one time where I was in a hotel and I was playing an Atari 7800 on an old CRT TV, but the room was outside, and it was sunny and bright.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 13, 2017)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:30 pm

I have a vague recollection of my mom and dad advising me on something from beyond the grave.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 6:14 pm

i remember this fragment of dream- i was in some school in San Francisco or whereabouts, it was the end of the term and school day, and i got on board an old school bus whose yellow paint had faded to white, it was from the 1950s but mechanically kept up to date. the inside was painted a cheery glossy robin's egg-blue, and i sat on a dark green textured vinyl seat cushion in front next to the driver's seat. there were some of my sister's rocks on the floor mat behind the accelerator and brake pedals, and i clumsily knocked another few larger shiny rocks from a ledge next to the dashboard, onto the driver's floorboard, they bumped into the other rocks there and made clacking and thumping sounds. i saw my sister's car keys just then, among the rocks on the floorboard. there was a driver's side door on this bus, and it opened and a very old version of my sister came aboard and sat in the driver's seat and put the keys in the ignition and started the bus, which ran well. i almost didn't recognize her. she looked like she morphed into an old school bus driver i had in high school. the bus went underway, but the driver's side door remained open for some reason, and soon i noticed what looked like a large snail [easily the size of a pool ball] climbing up the frame of the doorway, painted turquoise blue, and soon a turquoise blue bee, a giant one the size of a banana slug, flew out from the shell and started terrorizing the bus passengers, it angrily flitted back and forth until it settled on the door frame, whereupon i blew at it as hard as i could, and it got blown outside. no sooner than that happened, than another bunch of extra-large [the size of bullets] yellow jackets flew in and started flitting around and stinging people, and i got stung, the pain was blinding white, and then i awoke.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:49 pm

I don't get it.

How are you are able to feel pain in dreams? Unless its real pain being inflicted on you from the real outside world while you sleep. If you get what I am saying.

If I fell asleep on a couch with my body pushed against a hard object that caused me pain IRL its quite likely that my mind would generate a dream to explain that pain by weaving the sensation into the narrative of some fantastic story. But I don't have stuff happening in dreams that I anticipate causing pain (before I actually feel pain), and THEN feel pain when the thing happens in the dream (like a bee going at me, and then stinging me, and THEN I feel pain). Its always pain (or a bad smell in the room) or whatever first. And then the explanation in the narrative. Like once years ago I dreamt I was trying to sleep on a fireplace mantelpiece with my head on top of a hard porcelain clock as a pillow. I then woke up and realized I had a massive hangover headache from drinking earlier that night.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I don't get it. How are you are able to feel pain in dreams? Unless its real pain being inflicted on you from the real outside world while you sleep. If you get what I am saying.

hard to explain but it was a weird kinda pain, I felt the burning stinging but also saw a blinding white light and felt fear. I have arthritis so that could account for the thing "feeding" pain sensations to my dream. that is a SWAG.