What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 101 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 12:23 am

I wonder how many other people here now and then dream, then awaken but are unsure of their waking reality not being a continuation of their dream? :scratch:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 10:14 am

I remember snippets of dreams I had last night:

- At one point I was at the pool with the cast of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club. Haruka wanted me to wear weights while swimming but I was afraid I would sink so I didn't get in the water. Makoto wore weights and he sunk like a stone.

- Speaking of stones, I also dreamed about meeting my Steven Universe OC, Spectrolite. She was really mellow and nice, just like how I imagined her. :)

- I also dreamed that I was going to meet Obama but Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up instead. All I could think was, "Man, my brother is going to be so jealous of me!"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 5:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I would like to know why at this point in life i'm still having hospital dreams?

I still had dreams involving working in a store I worked at for several years ending in the late 80's into the 2000's.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 10:45 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I would like to know why at this point in life i'm still having hospital dreams?

I still had dreams involving working in a store I worked at for several years ending in the late 80's into the 2000's.

was it an unusually stressful workplace for you?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:33 pm

Several nights ago I either dreamed a past life regression that wasn't mine, or had an extremely vivid imagining. [Though I was thinking a bit about Joan of Arc beforehand, but still...]

I was preparing to be burned at the stake [as much as one can prepare...] It seemed to be something I needed to do, perhaps to ascend or something. There was a person, possibly with brown hair, who was close to me in some way, and I don't remember much of their reaction, only that I was basically saying goodbye to them. The village people/witch burners tied me to the stake, and then gave me a handkerchief drenched in [what's that stuff to knock people out?], to put over my face so I wouldn't feel pain and just faint [oddly 'nice' of them, isn't it?] For a moment as they lit the fire and smoke billowed around me and I pressed the handkerchief to my face, I panicked as I thought the vapors weren't working, but then woke up [or roused myself from nodding off, whichever] with my mouth horribly dry and thirsty, a great need to go to the washroom, and feeling very, very confused. If that was a past life, I don't think it was mine, but whatever it was, it was very vivid indeed. :o 8O 8O 8O 8O :huh: :huh: :huh:

Then, more recently, I dreamed that I was discussing Final Fantasy [one of my favourite video game series] with some friends on Wrong Planet, and I commented that despite the fact that I could be called a 'fan', I only live four of the games [VI, VII, IX, and X]. Then the main villain of IX, Kuja, suddenly showed up in X, and I tried to convince him that he was in the wrong game [I actually spoke to him, but the dream was an observer type of dream...] Then a huge tidal wave suddenly appeared and the main characters of X had to form a long chain, holding onto each others' hands to avoid being swept away.

Any thoughts, aunt?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:51 pm

^^^^
I am not at all qualified to talk about your final fantasy-related dreams but there are a few symbols that stand out by themselves, at least-
Tidal Wave
To see a tidal wave in your dream represents an overwhelming emotional issue that demands your attention. You may have been keeping your feelings and negative emotions bottled up inside for too long. On a positive note, the tidal wave symbolizes the clearing away of old habits. If you are carried away by the tidal wave, then it means that you are ready to make a brand new start in a new place.
Immolation
To see someone being burnt at the stake in your dream indicates that a major transformation is taking place in your life. To dream that you get burnt at the stake suggests that you are being consumed by your drive, your passion and/or your goals to the point where some aspects of your life are being neglected. Dreaming that someone does this to you implies that an issue is burning up inside of you. You are holding in a lot of anger.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:53 pm

Yes, both of the descriptions fit rather well. Thank you very much! :D :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:20 pm

^^^prego :flower:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:23 pm

A major transformation is actually taking place in my life at the moment; we're likely going to move in the next few months. That also ties into the tidal wave, since positive changes are happening rapidly.
Yes, I am dwelling on a certain issue and I'm not sure what to do about it. No wonder it's "burning up inside".
"holding in a lot of anger" Hmm. Whom could I be angry at? *rhetoric* The only person I can really think of is myself; possibly old anger surfacing from past years, dark years...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:45 pm

I hope you can learn to not be angry with yourself, you did the best you could with what you had available at the time.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:52 pm

^Thank you. Your kind words are greatly appreciated! :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 9:05 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

a quotable quote of currency-
"The person who spoke most cruelly to her was her. She decided she would start speaking kindly to herself, replacing any negative words with positive ones. She would choose language that supported, nurtured, motivated and, as often as she could, make her smile. That’s how you treat someone you love." - Kathy Kinney

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 9:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

a quotable quote of currency-
"The person who spoke most cruelly to her was her. She decided she would start speaking kindly to herself, replacing any negative words with positive ones. She would choose language that supported, nurtured, motivated and, as often as she could, make her smile. That’s how you treat someone you love." - Kathy Kinney

Well said! Err, well quoted! :o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 9:52 pm

^^yeh, I think i'm a better quoter than sayer :bounce:

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:59 am

Another from my notes I always keep on dream cycles and trends, usually when I have just awoke and am hovering in between states. Been poisoned by a vine with fur and scandalous pink slits for eye excuses, not a snake but not one of my five a day, it moved across the plain which I had been wagon-wheeling across with a bunch of indians who said nothing and smoked yellow pipes, smelled like laundromats, dunno when I got bit but ever since it happened I'd been clutching my rapidly swelling arm which was going veruca salt purple and walking down sterile hallways with the odd wheelchair and gurney vaguely popping up and doorways alternating with that smeared glass cotton wool stuff and others just bare pine or whatever, no staff or patients or concrete reasons for it to be connected to a hospital. The walls from what i remember were tiled in a light green misery of carefully calculated squares and noticeboards with nothing legible manifested on the walls whenever I chose to look too hard, everywhere was flooded with the diseased dazzling glare of fluourescents, I heard a voice announce on the intercom without a crackle, a monotonous confession 'If I can get through this today, I can get through to them tomorrow'.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:00 am

8O