What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 108 of 249 [ 3969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 249  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 10:26 pm

i dreamt I was in a music store, and I got into a conversation on the merits of The Beatles' "Norwegian wood" song with another customer from India, and together we went to this audio wall that let us pull up versions of songs, and we were listening to India versions of "Norwegian wood" and discussing what we liked about each.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:45 am

Auntblabby,

That sounds like a really good dream. I used to have dreams with music in them, but I haven't had one in years.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt I was in a music store, and I got into a conversation on the merits of The Beatles' "Norwegian wood" song with another customer from India, and together we went to this audio wall that let us pull up versions of songs, and we were listening to India versions of "Norwegian wood" and discussing what we liked about each.

That's awesome. And good break from your recent diet of nightmares. Lol!

Interesting that your mind was able to generate music that you have never heard before.

The original Beatles Norwejian wood had George Harrison playing the sitar. So the original was already a little bit South Asian sounding.

In real life I have a recent recording by a Pakistani group (an orchestra playing trad instruments like sitars and tablas) playing a south Asian version of Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" that's quite awesome.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's awesome. And good break from your recent diet of nightmares. Lol! Interesting that your mind was able to generate music that you have never heard before. The original Beatles Norwejian wood had George Harrison playing the sitar. So the original was already a little bit South Asian sounding. In real life I have a recent recording by a Pakistani group (an orchestra playing trad instruments like sitars and tablas) playing a south Asian version of Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" that's quite awesome.

I would appreciate very much :heart: if you could email me or snail mail me a copy of that Asian Take 5 :dj: as for Norwegian wood, I've been searching for cover versions of Beatles songs, and it seems there are very few of any quality at least for that particular song. I am searching for ones that are not trying to copy the Beatles, that are saying something of their own, I was disappointed in Sergio mendez' version as it was underdone. you have planted a germ of an idea in me noggin, I will search for alternate versions of "take 5" also :dj:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:48 am

IstominFan wrote:
Auntblabby, That sounds like a really good dream. I used to have dreams with music in them, but I haven't had one in years.

glad you liked it :bigsmurf: it will help you if you listen to music just before you sleep, especially music you've been searching for.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 3:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's awesome. And good break from your recent diet of nightmares. Lol! Interesting that your mind was able to generate music that you have never heard before. The original Beatles Norwejian wood had George Harrison playing the sitar. So the original was already a little bit South Asian sounding. In real life I have a recent recording by a Pakistani group (an orchestra playing trad instruments like sitars and tablas) playing a south Asian version of Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" that's quite awesome.

I would appreciate very much :heart: if you could email me or snail mail me a copy of that Asian Take 5 :dj: as for Norwegian wood, I've been searching for cover versions of Beatles songs, and it seems there are very few of any quality at least for that particular song. I am searching for ones that are not trying to copy the Beatles, that are saying something of their own, I was disappointed in Sergio mendez' version as it was underdone. you have planted a germ of an idea in me noggin, I will search for alternate versions of "take 5" also :dj:

Have been meaning to send you a ton of music burned on CD's from my collection. Will add that to the shopping cart.

Both Dave Brubeck, and George Harrison, were Western musicians venturing East.

Brubeck played on a world Unesco tour, and the tour swang through the Balkan countries of Europe where they have local ethnic folk music in weird time signatures that are a no-no in both western classical and western pop music (like five beats, or seven beats to a measure instead of four beats, or eight beats). He was inspired to compose an expiramental piece with five beats per measure- the result was his mid Fifties hit "Take Five" (so called because of its five beats per measure). Indian music is also often five-time. So the record I have is kinda the song returning to its Eastern roots.

Brubeck himself rerecorded it several times, and many other have done jazz covers. My second favorite cover (after the afore mentioned Indian/Pakistani record) is by Tito Puente (the Puerto Rican jazz percussionist and band leader). Though his version kinda cheats, and to my non musician ears sounds like its in a normal 4/4 time. But its got the hot Afro-Caribbean Puente sound. So who cares! Also I have a heavy metal rock version by a band called "Panzer Ballet" that's rather mindbending.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 8:13 pm

I have a version done on the Wurlitzer theatrical pipe organ with its built-in "toy counter" percussion battery. :dj:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

I dreamt I was with my brother and his wife, and I was whistling songs to them that they would mention.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2017, 1:27 am

A couple nights ago I dreamed I was hanging out with the iCarly star, Miranda Cosgrove :drunken: I would about trade everything but my girlfriend to have a chance to hang out with her :heart:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:09 pm

I dreamt I was watching a live-action scene in a movie that I distinctly remember dreaming before, I was following a bunch of high-class crooks/thugs who just robbed a big bank [in an ornate huge building] of a gazillion dollars, and ended up on a private train going somewhere else with the loot, and a gov't. agent met them on the train, and basically told them the train would blow up, then the agent disappeared, the crooks tried to get off the train but it was locked from without, and then KABOOOOOOMMMMMM!! !

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 9:53 am

I dreamed I was getting directions to a place where we were to meet for some training program. I guess I was thinking about my upcoming Officers' Training for Toastmasters. If so, pretty nice. I discovered I had slept late and stumbled out of bed, nearly falling downstairs.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 11:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
I dreamt I was with my brother and his wife, and I was whistling songs to them that they would mention.

Because my upper lip is damaged, I cannot whistle. :/

I had a dream last night where I was back in elementary school only it was abandoned and I was the only one there. Eerie.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 1:38 pm

I take pregabalin and it gives you the trippiest dreams every single night.

Last night I dreamt I was a character in a pseudo-reality computer game where I had to break each of my friends out of a type of prison. My friends were animals and each prison was a type of zoo enclosure. I managed to only rescue two (the panda and goldfish) before trying to sneak out through the staff canteen. I could only pass the door by completing the work assignment: mixing dozens of saucepans of bolognese sauce with dishwater to make a type of soup. I passed the door, and then I had to pass some type of riddling contest with the "boss", somebody I assume was a lord of the underworld. My friends each failed the test, and were carried to the underworld. And then I woke up.

Its like this every single night, food is a recurrent theme.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 4:56 pm

Another recurring dream I have is fish. I come upon an abandoned fish tank or a fish shop. I take these fish for my own. There are many magnificent tropical fish, only they multiply at an alarming rate, my tanks are unable to contain them, so I use cups, pans, anything that holds water Then, I notice the beautiful fish are mutating, and each generation shows ever more freakish aberrations. I'm surrounded by hundreds of colourful monsters, some with useless stumpy legs, some with pointed teeth.

Weird.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 5:04 pm

Had many dreams last night.
In one I was back at the place where I used to work - not working - I was walking through the buildings like i was taking a tour.
There was a teenage boy standing outside one of the doors.
I asked him who he was looking for.
He said, "Mr ________."
I said, "I don't know him. I haven't worked here for over a year."
And I walked off feeling an incredible sense of freedom.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 12:26 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Because my upper lip is damaged, I cannot whistle. :/

I had a dream last night where I was back in elementary school only it was abandoned and I was the only one there. Eerie.

that dream resonates in my mind. :o