Page 10 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2006, 9:08 pm

chesirecat wrote:
just saw "Stranger than Fiction" with Will Farrell who plays a IRS agent. I think he may of been AS, but if not him, his friend in the movie, Dave, is definitely.

I agree. Also in the movie Marie Antoinette, King Louis seemed to be aspieish to me, or at least that is how they portrayed him.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 7:31 pm

Before becoming psychotic, Nash has many Aspie traits in A Beautiful Mind, which is why it is one of my biggest obsessive fixations (if you couldn't already tell :wink: ). He's basically this clumsy, socially awkward geek who can't relate to anybody and thinks differently. I really love the interaction between him and Alicia (the scene in my signature) because it gives me hope that I will some day find a boyfriend and we can bond over our geekiness. There's so much in the movie that I can relate to, physical gestures and such. He does some stimming-esque things that are so me. I watch the movie when I'm feeling really, really overwhelmed and need to watch it as a tension-release thing (I usually just listen to the soundtrack).
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

DeoxysRibonuke
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2006, 9:45 pm

This is something I STRIVE to think about, even though I usually focus on my favorite chars from movies, which are usually kick-butt women from action movies. Here is a possibility:

Selene from "Underworld"... *shot by Underworld fans for even suggesting such a thing* But wait, listen! I shall tell you why I think so: She is apparently a logical-based thinker, and she has constant obsession of trying to to annhialate all the other Lycans. Her opinions and behavior ar radically different from teh other vampires, who have a very social caste. The one scene that really comes to mind whenever I think about the possibility of her having ASD is in teh first movie. The other vampires are having a social gathering downstairs while she is upstairs at her laptop, looking at a video from the first action sequence in the movie. Then Erika, who is supposedly the complete opposite of her (loving parties and socializing), come into the room and tries to convince her to come out of the room and join the party. Selene refuses.

Peter Parker I think has ASD, HANDS DOWN. I thought that the first time I saw him in high school, and that line about the spiders has convinced me even further.

muchacha
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2006, 7:22 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)

PETER Griffin!!

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 8:06 am

MindOfOrderedChaos wrote:
I think that in the movie Phenomenon the charcter George Malley (John Travolta) shows AS trates the way he starts talking about things he is thinking about and other people are completely lost as to what he is talking about. The way hes always reading and trying learn more. The way he gets annoyed when no one else is listening to him and he smashes a mirror at a bar.

I read in a magazine somewhere that it is thought John Trvolta's son, Jett, is autistic.

Dudegirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2007, 3:55 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Mr. Bean?

Lol. I think you could be right.

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 6:31 pm

Itchy in ADGTH2 (All Dogs Go To Heaven 2) strikes me as having a couple aspie traits.......or maybe he's just neurotic.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 10:30 pm

I think Roger Bannister, as he is portrayed in the movie Four Minutes, has strong Asperger's traits. He is very intelligent, has an excellent memory, which helps him excel in his medical studies while his classmates stumble, he does his own thing and trains in his own way, which doesn't endear him to the British press and is shy and quiet.

Panik
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2007, 11:59 am

Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVINjb1noQ&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

I'm not keen on touchy feely movies but this one is OK. :)

Now I know the character doesn't necessarily have to be aspie (he probably isnt). But when I saw this movie (1997-1998?) I didnt know anything about aspergers, it just kinda felt like that could have been me... minus the math-genius part but so many other things that I could relate to. You tell me. ;)

gsbu16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2009, 8:07 pm

Bat man always seems very distant from others. The women fall for him because of his looks and his public status. The conversations that he has with women in the movies make him look like a good AS candidate. At all those "broken into dinner party" scenes, it is a good thing he always had to leave to fight the crime.

gsbu16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2009, 8:09 pm

Andrew123 wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I guess you can say Batman might have Aspergers. He's pretty obsessed with crime fighting. :D

Bat man always seems very distant from others. The women fall for him because of his looks and his public status. The conversations that he has with women in the movies make him look like a good AS candidate. At all those "broken into dinner party" scenes, it is a good thing he always had to leave to fight the crime.