What could be the name for this emotion?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

Ok, so in my most relaxed, chilled out state, I often am asked if I am mad about something or if something is wrong (because my face is plain, I am not exaggerating my features to look a certain way). Anyway, in this relaxed state, I am like an engine idling. I am just hanging out, not really doing much or expelling much energy. This is how I normally am most of the time. When someone asks me "What's up" or "How are you feeling" I reply with "Meh." Now, I don't mean a "Meh" in that I am mad or stewing or whatever. I am just "Idling" and chillaxing. Now, I am seeking you all's help to pitch in and help me name this emotion or state of being that I am normally in. I can't say I am "Idling" because people will give me a really weird look. Is anyone else normally like this? What do you say when people ask how you are feeling? Or if something's wrong?

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm

This happened to in college. When i'm like in a neutral emotion, people in class assumed that i'm mad about something and asking "you ok? you looked" or "What wrong?" i just response, "i'm fine", some tell me in a rude remark "Just smile, be happy, stop being mad". but i'm just that i'm in a chilling state. Ugh people get the wrong idea of how i'm feeling.

For the name of this emotion you having, maybe Neutral-chilling emotion.

Feldman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2014, 2:59 pm

I don't know what you'd call that emotion, but Douglas Adams once wrote a whole book (The Meaning of Liff) where he coined new words for difficult-to-describe emotions, so maybe a browse through that might help!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 3:03 pm

I don't know what it might be.

In my own experience I say I'm lying dormant, ready and waiting for something to happen.