Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 5:42 am

If you buy a perfect car, and never take it back for a service, it will go wrong.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

IN MY opinion, the issue of difficulty in Understanding GOD is in both definition and way of thinking about GOD.

First of all, GOD is not a noun; GOD is a Beneficial FORCE OVERALL.

AND GOD WORKS.

And THAT IS WHY GOD IS LOVE BEYOND THE AFFECTIONATE AND JEALOUS DEFINITION OF LOVE as it is defined in western materialistic cultures that seek to own instead of share.

GOD IS THE TRUTH OF NATURE AS IS PER MOTHER NATURE TRUE.

GOD is both the Universe and what may exist beyond the Universe that Human MAY NOT yet be able to see AKA ALL THAT IS, with the scribe of GOD also known as Science.

SO GOD IS NEITHER HE NOR THERE.

GOD
IS tHere otherwise KnowN as ALL.

All these are ARE words AND WITHOUT the Wisdom that COMES through the GIFT OF GOD'S DARKNESS AKA THE Hard Knocks of Life THE ESSENCE OF WHAT i am saying here MAY NOT BE truly HEARD OR SEEN, by those WITHOUT THE GIFT OF DARKNESS OF LOVE THAT CAN bring awakening aka ENLIGHTENMENT IN LIFE through the GIFT OF CHALLENGE AND CHANGE, which in science talk means epigenetics and neuroplasticity.

So yes even through the science of COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY the scribe of science continues to CATCH UP TO one of the oldest books of WISDOM NAMED the I CHING and the philosophy of ZEN.

GOD IS ZEN.

GOD IS JUST BEING.

GOD IS HOW THIS WHOLE DAM THING WORKS AS TAPESTRY INSTEAD OF JUST THE DEVIL OF DETAILS.

AND TO LET ALL THE LIES OF CULTURAL ILLUSIONS GO..

YES, LET IT GO Like THAT young PRINCESS and eventually Queen of the dark of ICE DID SAY AS THE DARK OF COLD NEVER BOTHERED HER ANYWAY.

AND THEN i say as well as a MILLION AND MORE other Awakened ENLIGHTENED folks through the Power of the LOVE OF GOD'S DARKNESS THIS..

GO WITH GOD'S GRAVITY OF JUST WHAT IS AKA TRUE JUSTICE as JUSTICE IS TRULY JUST FLOWING WITH THE RIVER OF GOD AND ACCEPTING IT AS IS.

TO GO AGAINST THE GRAVITY OF GOD, AS STEPHEN Hawking now identifies god literally AS THE FORCE OF GRAVITY and not metaphorically like THIS PER THE OVERALL FORCE OF NATURE AKA GOD IS NoT BEING FREE.

TRUE JUSTICE IS IN ESCAPING THE LIES OF CULTURE, INCLUDING ALL THAT TRIBAL RELIGION CRAP.

I DID THIS JUST by taking off as many of the clothes of culture, THEN IN MY EARLY 20's, AS possible, WALKING the totAlly desolate pristine SUGAR WHITE SAND WITH BREEZE INSPIRING SWAYING SEA OATS BEING allONE WITH THE ENDLESS RHYTHM OF THE EMERALD GREEN WAVES OF This BEACH OF GOD IN KNOWING AND BEING IN NOW that THIS IS my home OF TRUE NATURE THAT IS GOD and not the CAVE OF CULTURE ALONE.

I DID IT AGAIN, STARTING AT AGE 47, THROUGH THE GIFT OF 19 MEDICALLY documented disorders through five years, including type two Trigeminal Neuralgia that is like someone drilling one's teeth without Novocain, except the pain was in my eyes and ears, losing effective use of both and being forced out of the Lies of culture WHETHER I WANTED TO OR NOT.

AND THEN THE GREATEST GIFT, AS THE GIFT OF GOD OF LOOKING WITHIN THROUGH INNATE INSTINCT AND INTUITION AND LEARNING THE GIFT OF GOD AS IS, to cure myself as the doctor gave me NO CHANCE OF RECOVERY AT ALL AND YES I still have his words documented to this day.

My other doctor, my rheumatologist, who was treating me for Dysautonomia, Sjogren's Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Spinal Stenosis, Severe Degenerative arthritis in my spine, a congenitally fused T-6 vertebrae as the source of the early onset degenerative arthritis, TOLD ME TO GO HOME AS NONE OF HIS PAIN DRUGS COULD TOUCH THE GIFT OF PAIN THAT I EXPERIENCED.

AND THE WORST PAIN OF ALL WAS LOSING ALL EMOTIONS AND YES I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAD THE WORST PAIN KNOWN MANKIND THAN LIVE AS TOTALLY NUMB AS DEAD IN LIFE.

SO, YES, OVER THE COURSE OF THOSE FIVE YEARS, as I was forced to look within and eventually through THE TRUE KNOWING AND HEALING POWER OF MASTERY OF THE HUMAN MIND OVER THE HUMAN MIND IN RELATIVE FREE WILL i healed ALL 19 medical disorders myself with the HELP OF THE GOD OF MOTHER NATURE TRUE.

THROUGH INSTINCT INTUITION AND FEELING i learned to REGULATE AND balance EMOTIONS AND SENSORY INTEGRATION THROUGH THE GIFT OF GOD OF THE TRUE HUMAN POTENTIAL of the human mind THROUGH THE ART OF PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE MOVING THROUGH DISTANCE AND SPACE WITH THE GOLDEN SPIRAL MEAN OF 1.618.

YES, I learned to Move all body parts in 360 degrees of movement AND AS THE SCRIBE OF SCIENCE NOW SHOWS physical intelligence and emotional intelligence work as ONE FORCE OF HUMAN BEING TO REGULATE BOTH EMOTIONS AND SENSORY INTEGRATION OF HUMAN BEING.

So yes, I JUST DID IT, LIKE MY FRIENDS AT NIKE SAY, and continue to CURE MYSELF PER THE INNATE POTENTIAL OF HUMAN POWER OF SELF HEALING ALL 19 MEDICAL DISORDERS, INCLUDING THE reciprocal social communication functional disability that at one time did not all allow me AT ALL to be the 'SOCIAL BUTTERFLY' I am in real life now.

SO YEAH, I FOR ONE SEE GOD AS ALL GOOD ALL THE TIME.

BUT WITHOUT SEEING THE TRUE TAPESTRY OF DARK AND LIGHT, IT IS ONLY A FOGGY NIGHT AND DAY IN NOW OF LIFE.

AND I HOPE, only hope, for someone, anyone, to catch a spark of the LIGHT I LIVE ALL THE TIME NOW IN THE GOOD OF GOD through these inefficient words of human written symbols of language to EXPRESS THE TAPESTRY OF WHAT IS.

BUT A GOLDEN SPIRAL DANCE OF THE GOD OF MOTHER NATURE TRUE DOES TELL THE TALE MUCH BETTER THAN WORDS ALONE.

SO, YES, I CONTINUE TO TELL THAT TALE OF NON-VERBAL DANCE, NOW FOR 2700 MILES, spanning 15 MONTHS IN TAI CHI BALLET LIKE WAY IN PUBLIC PLACES ALL OVER MY METRO AREA AS IT TELLS THE TALE OF GOD AKA MOTHER NATURE TRUE, MORE THAN WORDS WILL EVER DO ALONE.

AND YES, OUR SO-CALLED PRIMITIVE ANCESTORS CONNECTED THROUGH GOD IN A SIMILAR WAY UNDER THE FULL MOON LIGHT AND WOODED FIRE LIT NIGHTS GYRATING HIPS AND TORSOS AND JUST LETTING LEGS, ARMS, FINGERS AND TOES GO IN THE GOLDEN SPIRAL MEAN OF 1.618 AND FLOWING WITH GOD'S TRUE GRAVITY INSTEAD OF FLYING ON TERRESTRIAL PLANE AGAINST IT WITH THE LIES OF ABSTRACTLY CREATED SO CALLED INTELLIGENT LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.

YES, THEY DANCED TOGETHER INSTEAD OF ALONE, LIKE I DO WHEN I RAVE DANCE WITH 20 SOMETHING YEAR OLDS, NOW MOVING INTO MY 37TH WEEK OF DOING THAT.

SO NO, THE FALL OF THE MYTHICAL BIBLE WAS COMPLEX HUMAN LANGUAGE AND THE SUBJUGATING DOMINATING LIES OF CULTURE..

NOT THE NATURAL APPLE OF GOD THAT IS FREE FOR THOSE WHO COME TO TRULY SEE AND HEAR IT WITH EYES AND EARS OF GOD GIVEN INSTINCT, INTUITION, AND MOVEMENT THROUGH THE EMOTING POWER OF THE EMOTION OF SONG AND DANCE OF LIFE..

AS TRUE GOD GIVEN GIFT OF LIGHT THAT WE ARE BORN WITH INNATELY JUST WAITING TO COME BACK TO US IN TRUTH..

IF WE CAN LOOK THROUGH THE LENS OF LITTLE CHILDREN AGAIN AND TRULY SEE THE LIGHT AND DARK OF GOD AS ONE FORCE THAT WE CAN SHARE AND IS ALL THAT IS INSIDE.. OUTSIDE.. ABOVE AND SO BELOW...

'FEATNOTE':

When I use CAPS in written PHILOSOPHIC social communication like this, I am using CAPS as a literary device to retain reader attention, AND TO GENERATE THE HUMAN EMOTING POWER OF EMOTION, in the TWITTER WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW.

NO, I AM NOT SCREAMING, I am as peaceful saying these words in real life as a river FLOWING to an ocean of love. :)

AND I AM CLARIFYING THIS AS I DO NOT WANT TO GET BANNED HERE AGAIN, AS EVEN WHEN CLARIFYING THIS BEFORE, FOR JUST TRYING TO HELP FOLKS SEE my OWN opinion OF PHILOSOPHY that has LITERALLY taken me out of LITERAL HUMAN HELL.

I DO NOT AIM to convince anyone of anything I say, I just want to share it, and that is all.

And if someone gains any spark at all from it, that is great, AND if not AND ANNOYING, please just ignore me if you like.

I TRUST THAT the moderation team here has more respect for neurodiversity in ways of communicating and thinking now, TG, BUT STILL, I RESPECT IT ENOUGH TO ATTEMPT TO CLARIFY WHAT I DO IN COMMUNICATION AS WELL, continually, as the reading audience AND moderation team here is always changing.

Thanks in advance, for your potential understanding. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 08 Dec 2014, 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

badgerface
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2014, 9:50 am

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 10:21 am

Well of course TRULY ON COURSE AS IS GOD needs not contemplate AS GOD JUST IS JUSTICE AS IS.

IN FACT, GOD NEEDS NOT AT ALL AS GOD IS ALL.

IT ONLY 'TAKES A ROCKET SCIENTIST' TO THINK OTHERWISE.

MY CAT CAN FIGURE THIS OUT WITHOUT ANY WORDS AT ALL.

AS MY CAT JUST IS AND IS GOD TOO.

SO YEAH, TRULY MY CAT IS JUST ANOTHER MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE IN TRUTH AND JUSTICE AS IS.

HUMANS CAN THINK THEIR WAY TO LITERAL HUMAN HELL.

HA-HA! HUMANS THINK THEY DOMINATE THE WORLD, AND OVERALL, THEY CANNOT EVEN MASTER THEIR OWN MINDS.

MY CAT PURRS AT SILLY HUMANS AS HE ROLLS IN THE SANDS OF EARTH AND HUGS THE GRASS OF MOTHER NATURE TRUE.

MEANWHILE HUMANS ARE WALKING LIKE ROBOTS AND OR ZOMBIES IN THE AISLES OF SUPER WAL-MART ALL ALONE.

I CHOOSE ALLONE WITH RELATIVE FREE WILL AND SO DOES MY CAT WITH NO NEED FOR WORDS AT ALL.

COMPLEX LANGUAGE, SO-CALLED STANDARD INTELLIGENCE OF IT MEASURED AS SUCH, AND COMPLEX CULTURE CAN KILL THE POTENTIAL FOR HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL.

i AND MY CAT FOR TWO ARE FREE WITH THE REAL GOD OF MOTHER NATURE TRUE.

But again, 'just i Ce' in only my opinion.

AND MY CAT JUST PURRS IN CONTENT INSTEAD OF CONTEMPT FOR GOD AS MY CAT JUST TOTaLLY LIVES the TRUE SACRED UNCONDITIONAL LOVE OF GOD.

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Dec 2014, 10:28 am

if your parent did drink poison while they were pregnant ...or maybe the incest rule applies making the child ret*d. or maybe you asked god to create you this way. reply please ?

well from earthquake kelley who meet god .. from his statements... i think he saying that god created the children.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 10:43 am

bl44d3lf wrote:
if your parent did drink poison while they were pregnant ...or maybe the incest rule applies making the child ret*d. or maybe you asked god to create you this way. reply please ?

well from earthquake kelley who meet god .. from his statements... i think he saying that god created the children.

Culture is A 'Virus' NOT HUMANS AND OR GOD.

AND A VIRUS is GOD too.

More simply PUT THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM GOD IN LIFE AND WHO KNOWS BUT GOD POTENTIALLY NOT EVEN IN DEATH AS GOD HAS INFINITE EYES AND SCIENCE ONLY FINITE EYES WITH EMPIRICAL MEASURES AS SUCH so why not Enjoy WHAT IS JUST AS IS JUSTICE AS IS NOW.

THAT'S WHAT i do at least, as to me anything else is just wasting what I KNOW now at least AS A PRECIOUS GIFT OF DARK AND LIGHT IN LIFE.

SO I LIVE ALL I CAN IN NOW AS NOW IS ALL THAT EXISTS NOW ALWAYS NOW.

AND i for one "AM KILLING IT" EVERY STEP I GO in now, FOR NOW AT LEAST, WITHgravity of GOD and NOT AGAINST IT. ;)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 1:26 pm

And now I just want to say thanks.

As all the dark and light here in the LAST 4 YEARS, has inspired me to KNOW THE TRUTH OF MYSELF AND DESCRIBE IT AS SUCH IN WORDS AND OTHER MEANS OF SYMBOLIC COMMUNICATION.

AND all the conflicts on this site and interesting conversations have finally come to the fruition of this
and if only i read it, IT IS MAGICK TO ME.

BUT i share simply AND COMPLEXLY as i care.

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/12/08/angel-devil-fred/

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm

TheWadeSmellbringer wrote:
then why did he create people who are inherently at a disadvantage? Don't get me wrong I know there is a God who created us, that helps to explain things like why do girls have a higher pitches than guys. But I have a hard time believing in Him when He created people like us.It's not just Autism, it's Downs Syndrome, it's any disability that makes us lower than the rest. It makes it hard to keep believing that He has my back when I look around and I see those people in pain or crippled since birth. But most importantly, Why Am I Here? That's what I wanna know, Why Am I Like this?

There are probably multiple answers to that question. For example:
1. Maybe God doesn't exist. or
2. Maybe god is a unloving jerk. or
3. Maybe the Deist view of God as starter and observer is correct. or
4. Maybe god is a impersonal force and not a 'person'.
etc...

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 1:27 am

In response to Badgerface's image...

The biggest reason I'm glad I'm not God is because I'd act on emotion 90% of the time, making decisions based on how the results would benefit me or my family. God does seek to provide for and protect people, but He also wants them to love Him personally, not just for what He gives them. Its very easy for us as humans to love things more than the people who grant them, and that tendency has also been applied to God in history.

For example, when Moses led the Israelites into the desert, it was an 11-day journey to Canaan...yet, the people were stuck there for 40 years. The reason why is because they kept complaining, wanting to go back to Egypt because forced slavery felt safer to them than trusting God in tough times. He provided bread from heaven for them to eat every day, and protected them from harm...but they started slandering Moses, and God as well. It got so bad that He had to wait for the older generation to die out in the desert, at which point their children passed into the Promised Land. Moses himself didn't even get in, because he disobeyed God's command. He was allowed to view Canaan from the top of a mountain, but God used Moses' protege Joshua as the new leader.

badgerface
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2014, 4:30 am

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:23 am

badgerface wrote:

Me thinks that it will benefit Sam greatly if he at least takes a Junior College Class on Comparative Religion.

The Abrahamic version is rather antiquated and tribal AND TO BE HONEST, JUST PLAIN STALE PER ALL THE OTHER MUCH BIGGER VERSIONS THAT ARE AVAILABLE AT ONE'S FINGER TIPS NOW PER JUST THE TOOL OF GOOGLE.

YES, THE ABRAHAMIC VERSION IS also extremely narrow as a chained version of GOD as a silly little human anthropomorphic personality.

To criticize GOD is a flea both attempting to understand what the dog 'he' relies on for sucking blood of nourishment IS PER WHAT ALL the unknown complex bodily systems that deliver that blood to 'him' ARE and THEN LATER complaining when the DOG dies as that DOG did the flea 'wrong' in not being there anymore.

If the flea is 'intelligent' the flea GETS OVER the dog dying and moves on to the next dog.

SOME HUMANS love to blame something else for their problems but themselves.

To be responsible is the first step of gaining mastery over the gift of GOD that is our mind and body.

To complain about how DOG works is not a realistic way for a flea.

To accept GOD as IS IS CAN BE to take personal responsibility for one's own mind and body as one force of ONE FORCE OF GOD.

AND PERHAPS ONE DAY SCIENCE WILL GAIN A CLEARER PURVIEW OF THE ATOM OF GOD.

BUT UNTIL THEN i FOR one WILL JUST ACCEPT WHAT IS AS ONE FORCE THAT IS ALL THAT IS AS MOTHER NATURE TRUE AS GOD OR DOG AS ABSTRACT LANGUAGE IS JUST THAT, ABSTRACT.

THE ESSENCE OF ALL THAT IS AKA GOD IS TRUTH, NOT A THREE LETTER WORD OR ANTHROPOMORPHIC FICKLE big OLD TRIBAL OVERLORD DUDE'S CONTROLLING PERSONALITY somewhere up there with a peace loving hippy made into the KING OF THE UNIVERSE IN REAL LIFE several hundred years after he died on his right side.

FOR now I think i'll name that force PICKLE, WHY NOT...

AT LEAST, IT'S JUST ONE PICKLE AND NOT INSANELY FICKLE.

AND A PICKLE DOES NOT EXPECT OR NEED OTHERS TO BOW DOWN TO A PICKLE.

PICKLE IS COOL JUST AS PICKLE IS.

THIS SONG EXPRESSES WELL HOW I FEEL ABOUT PICKLE:

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWM5FmZyqU]

HAVE A NICE DAY.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:51 am

OOPS..! DAM NEW much SHORTer SPAN wp EDITING FEATURE:

(Thought I was still doing word press youtube formatting;)

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 11:36 am

I thought what Christians refer to God (the father) is in fact the Multiverse and to suggest saying the Multiverse is loving etc is anthropomorphising just an infinte series of parallel universes. How do you explain about Heaven/Hell without Parallel universes. Or about sin and righteousness without the flat psychedelic experience (without drugs) which is supposed to be a comforter and a convictor according to Christian theology this drugless psychedelic experience is what Christians call a gift of the Holy Spirit. If the consciouness and 'love of God' is the collective consciousness of sapient lifeforms throughout the Multiverse. Paul states in Romans for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So would that mean that God commits sin because humans do and humans are part of the universe like the earth etc which would not be the only universe and therefore part of the Multiverse and therefore since God is the Multiverse so would have flaws like anyone else. Not being the only universe means that anything can happen will happen perhaps here or in another universe even things that we know logically as impossible for this universe so you don't see shamans walking on water or raising the dead healing the sick but in another universe may be fact and may have slightly differing laws of physics.

To say that the Multiverse is loving by planting its only Son does sound illogical whn you think about it because the constant atocities committed in its name and if the Multiverse had human like emotions then this may pose a philosophical questions is if an overindulged person is a kind loving person who doesn't say boo to a goose does he/she go to heaven because Jesus once said what does it profit if a human gains the whole world and lose his/her own soul. If you think that such a person is fit for heaven then fair enough considering the said person has already had his reward on Earth.

What about the said person who does something like stealing, playing away from home then the other universe Hell would await but there has been this shaman who may have been influenced by Buddhism talking about forgiveness and love, compassion in a world where altruism, forgiveness and kindness are seen as weaknesses rather than as what they should be seen as. Yes people who are disabled or non allistic exist but they would have always existed including us Aspies and people with Down syndrome who themselves have their intrinsict strengths too but most would not see that unless you get to know someone else who is either disable dor non allistic and the latter has been depicted as cherubim in early medieval Christian art in which Children with Down syndrome (were drawn with birdlike wings and haloes reminiscient of liberty cap or Fly Agaric). It is well known that people with Down syndrome are a bit free and easy with the hugs and quite inspiring and that of feelings of love which could be interpreted as coming from the Multiverse from a theist point of view. Disability would have been a sign that one has to show compassion because if ones doesn't or commits a sin then one could have a bad experience when under the spirit of God according to christian theology which would be nothing less than a bad trip.

Thw older Abrahamic view of God according to most people would be as spirit rather than anything physical and to claim that God just throws people into hell for almost nothing does make him out to be a sort of psychopath and a gender obsessive control freak. I do think that a lot of later church teachings have corrupted the original message because a lot of the so called love you enemies which is plagiarised Buddhist teachings just leaves people free to go about hurting others with impunity and only works if people really have a conscience or use it. Love and forgiveness requires trust and if there is no trust there is no forgiveness and forgiveness can be interpreted as a form of love in itself.

What about the person who has the psychological profile of Adolf Hitler or saddam Hussein and commits a sin and is unrepentant does that condemn a person to hell according to Christian theology or has he or she already experience the torment of Hell here on Earth? What about the same person who leads a good life and would the person be rewarded for that or just to end the Hellish torment by the aferlife travelling to a parallel universe (Heaven).

This is a question I posed myself in 2011 about why bad things happen to good people and why good things happens to bad people sounds like evil is rewarded and good is punished and that tends to appear as a rule in the real world so the concept of a Deity would not enter the question of a person who has lost everything that has real meaning such as the loss of a loved one. The usual is that God tests ones faith but this is a hard concept to believe in the most Devout Christian or Muslim if the person goes years without much to boast about and lots of personal tragedies. This person would deny that God is loving at all and even may deny his existence and convert to atheism.:arrow:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 12:27 pm

^^^

Yes, to invent GOD in man's own image is a rather limited view of something Infinite.

But to discuss GOD is always anthropomorphic to some degree per either verbal or non-verbal language.

However, as humans are fractals of GOD truth can still come through in approximated abstract form.

i look toward the essence but to ATTEMPT TO describe IT IS always form as tHere is no escaping that reality of human reciprocal and or mono abstract communication in all forms of language, art, science, reason, religion, culture and the LIST GOES ON AND GROWS TOO AS FORM SEEMS INFINITE AS WELL AS ESSENCE TO ME.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2014, 5:14 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
In response to Badgerface's image...

The biggest reason I'm glad I'm not God is because I'd act on emotion 90% of the time, making decisions based on how the results would benefit me or my family. God does seek to provide for and protect people, but He also wants them to love Him personally, not just for what He gives them. Its very easy for us as humans to love things more than the people who grant them, and that tendency has also been applied to God in history.

For example, when Moses led the Israelites into the desert, it was an 11-day journey to Canaan...yet, the people were stuck there for 40 years. The reason why is because they kept complaining, wanting to go back to Egypt because forced slavery felt safer to them than trusting God in tough times. He provided bread from heaven for them to eat every day, and protected them from harm...but they started slandering Moses, and God as well. It got so bad that He had to wait for the older generation to die out in the desert, at which point their children passed into the Promised Land. Moses himself didn't even get in, because he disobeyed God's command. He was allowed to view Canaan from the top of a mountain, but God used Moses' protege Joshua as the new leader.

I'm not sure what kind of sick person would follow this sort of deity. Couldn't have much of a moral conscience.

Oh, and if you want to try to say that your imaginary friend is all big and tough and would kick my ass and send me to Hell, my imaginary friend is bigger and tougher than yours. She is also both pink and invisible, and your dirty, old Middle Eastern god couldn't pull that off.

So, since my imaginary friend is big enough, cool enough and tough enough to kick your imaginary friend's ass, you should become a follower of Her Pinkness. Well...if being big and tough is something that makes you want to follow someone, you could follow her based on that. I follow Her Pinkness because she's nice, pink, and serves cookies with milk!

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 6:01 pm

Quote:
So, since my imaginary friend is big enough, cool enough and tough enough to kick your imaginary friend's ass,

But your imaginary friends ass is only that big and unkickable because it was my imaginary friend who made it that way to start. What about that? Huh?

Oh wait...... I don't know either......