Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 3:23 pm

Yes, like most people on the spectrum... I happen to have a huge obsession with trains. I just got my new Frosty train today, and it took time to get it built and stuff. It's so much better than my other one too! It runs on electricity through the tracks itself with a plug in. It's also an authentic Lionel train, which honestly has to be the best train company ever.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=15 ... 1938330850

Isn't it so cool though? ^_^ I uploaded it to Facebook because I don't have youtube on my phone. I don't really know how to set up my phone for Youtube either so...

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 7:01 pm

I Wanted to see your train, but fecebook said the content was unavailable.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

I know many people who are into trains. I'm actually somewhat into NYC subway trains (though it's not really a "special interest").

What gauge are you most into? I tend to like the larger trains--as I find the smaller trains to be too fragile.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm

Nambo wrote:
I Wanted to see your train, but fecebook said the content was unavailable.

Try it now. I fixed the privacy settings since I forgot to fix it.

Edit: Oh wait, I see the problem. WP ruined the link. D: Try This

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know many people who are into trains. I'm actually somewhat into NYC subway trains (though it's not really a "special interest").

What gauge are you most into? I tend to like the larger trains--as I find the smaller trains to be too fragile.

I don't know. XD I'm not really into model trains, to be totally honest. I just got this one to go around our tree every year. XD I'm more into like... trains in real life.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 12:03 am

I like :)

The sound of the train going round the tracks is kind of hellish, maybe it's just my crappy speakers but to others, you might want to make sure your sound is turned down before you watch this.

I wanted a model train so bad when I was a kid, finally got one but we didn't have the space to set it up inside the house. So it had to go in an outbuilding/workshop and I didn't like to play with it much there because it got really dusty. And eventually the dust and humidity ruined it. I still want a train but now it's impossible because my cats would destroy it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 12:37 am

That's so cool! I should ask for a train set. I really love trains a lot. The place we moved to is a peninsula that's surrounded by train tracks and I love it so much. There are trains going by all the time and I hear their horns at night. I took this video when we were at the beach at dusk today on my phone/potato.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 1:10 am

dianthus wrote:
I like :)

The sound of the train going round the tracks is kind of hellish, maybe it's just my crappy speakers but to others, you might want to make sure your sound is turned down before you watch this.

I wanted a model train so bad when I was a kid, finally got one but we didn't have the space to set it up inside the house. So it had to go in an outbuilding/workshop and I didn't like to play with it much there because it got really dusty. And eventually the dust and humidity ruined it. I still want a train but now it's impossible because my cats would destroy it.

Nope. That's the train itself. It's much louder than my Polar Express train, to be honest. I figure I'll get used to what it sounds like eventually. It can also produce steam too. I love it because it's Frosty themed, and Frosty is a huge tradition for me during Christmas time every year. My cat usually has enough sense to leave the train alone. Also, the locomotive has a lot of weight to it too. so it'd be hard for her to knock it over. XD It wasn't as hard to put it on the tracks as the other train was. I used to have to have my mom put my Polar Express train on the tracks for me because I got too frustrated, and then my cat would get under the tree and knock it over. She didn't hurt it, just pulled it off the tracks from trying to get under the tree.

EzraS wrote:
That's so cool! I should ask for a train set. I really love trains a lot. The place we moved to is a peninsula that's surrounded by train tracks and I love it so much. There are trains going by all the time and I hear their horns at night. I took this video when we were at the beach at dusk today on my phone/potato.

I notice that's BNSF train. We get those where we live too. I've seen them up near Flagstaff and Williams, which is also where the Grand Canyon passenger train is. I've actually taken a dozen photos of them when I was up there. What state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking? o.o

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 1:54 am

Nice! :D That is one great train, and I like that there is sound to it too! :)

I used to wish for a train set for years, then one Christmas I finally got one and was over the moon. Unfortunately the tracks were hard to assemble and easily broke where they fit together, and the train could only run for a few minutes before the set needed to rest. That was a downer.

I remember seeing this really great one on "Norge rundt" years ago. A man had turned mos of his basement into a very well crafted village with houses, landscape, people and of course a huge train set going through it. It was so beautiful and neat!
I wish I had space for something like that!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 2:23 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Nice! :D That is one great train, and I like that there is sound to it too! :)

I used to wish for a train set for years, then one Christmas I finally got one and was over the moon. Unfortunately the tracks were hard to assemble and easily broke where they fit together, and the train could only run for a few minutes before the set needed to rest. That was a downer.

I remember seeing this really great one on "Norge rundt" years ago. A man had turned mos of his basement into a very well crafted village with houses, landscape, people and of course a huge train set going through it. It was so beautiful and neat!
I wish I had space for something like that!

Lionel makes the best trains. That's what this train is, and it wasn't that hard to assemble like my last one was.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm

Oh man. My architecture teacher is obsessed with model trains. I feel like it's too much of a hassle to make.

Real trains are too noisy. Don't like them either.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 11:41 pm

I've clicked on the link, but I couldn't see the picture. I imagine that it's awesome, though. 8)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm

EzraS wrote:

This is awesome. I would love to live near train tracks.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 1:19 am

I'm an Athern fan myself :) . Congrats on the new train, they are so much fun!! ! You make me wish I had the time, money and room to build another layout.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 4:37 am

LokiofSassgard wrote:
Lionel makes the best trains. That's what this train is, and it wasn't that hard to assemble like my last one was.

I would have to check if they're available here. Thanks for the tip!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 12:52 pm

I want to travel around Europe on the high speed rail networks one day. When I get money. I also want to go on the fastest Shinkansen trains but I'm not sure how I'll get there.

I have train maps printed and stuck on the walls of my house. I know a few train maps completely off by heart (it takes around 15-20 minutes for me to memorise a train map).

I love reciting London Waterloo to Weymouth or London Paddington to Penzance off by heart. It makes me feel warm inside.

When I see photos of trains, or even better real trains, it thrills me. It makes me feel good.

I hate buses but a quiet, not very busy long distance train journey is something I'd definitely look forward to.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2014, 5:27 pm

Cool train. It's a nice idea to have model train running around the Christmas tree.

Over here the most widely available makes of model trains in OO gauge are Hornby and Bachmann Branchline. The quality has been going up and up in recent years but so have the prices.

I've always wanted a layout of my own but I don't have the room and I doubt if I ever will. Oh well, I can still enjoy other people's railways on YouTube...