Page 683 of 1262 [ 20187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 680, 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686 ... 1262  Next

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 11:49 pm

Rewatched Eraserhead after a couple drinks the other day, it made sense until I realized the horrific magnitude of the mistake I'd made trying to shape this piece of dread into an acceptable form, there is no reason for it to obey the orderly laws of our plain of existence.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 9:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Blood Creek.

A paramedic's brother returns after being missing for two years, dirty and bleeding, and wanting help to avenge himself on his captors. Traveling to an isolated farm, they find themselves captured by a German farm family who are frozen in time since the mid twentieth century. They, and the people they had been forced to capture and torture for blood are the keepers/prisoners of a Nazi occultist who had come to them in the 30s under the guise of an historian, but had been trying to harness the power of a Viking Rune stone found on their farm. Long ago turned into a literal monster by his own dark magic, the Nazi occultist forces the brothers to side with the hapless family in the fight of their lives.
The movie is actually better than it might sound, though it starts off rather clumsily. especially since it has a first rate cast, including Michael Fassbender as the Nazi occultist-turned- demonic monster. Also, the situation on the farm serves as a microcosm of how Nazi era Germans were trapped in a horrific situation by doing bad things, despite being good people, only because they had mistakenly welcomed evil into their midst.

Sounds interesting.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 10:10 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Blood Creek.

A paramedic's brother returns after being missing for two years, dirty and bleeding, and wanting help to avenge himself on his captors. Traveling to an isolated farm, they find themselves captured by a German farm family who are frozen in time since the mid twentieth century. They, and the people they had been forced to capture and torture for blood are the keepers/prisoners of a Nazi occultist who had come to them in the 30s under the guise of an historian, but had been trying to harness the power of a Viking Rune stone found on their farm. Long ago turned into a literal monster by his own dark magic, the Nazi occultist forces the brothers to side with the hapless family in the fight of their lives.
The movie is actually better than it might sound, though it starts off rather clumsily. especially since it has a first rate cast, including Michael Fassbender as the Nazi occultist-turned- demonic monster. Also, the situation on the farm serves as a microcosm of how Nazi era Germans were trapped in a horrific situation by doing bad things, despite being good people, only because they had mistakenly welcomed evil into their midst.

Sounds interesting.

It is.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 2:48 pm

End of Days

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:53 pm

The Strangers

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 5:10 am

Love Object.

Wonderfully twisted movie about a young corporate copywriter who lives in solitude with his mental illness. Then he orders a realistic sex doll, which he has modeled on a young woman he works with. Soon, he believes the sex doll is threatening to break up his budding relationship with the girl at work. and comes to the conclusion he has to kill it. Great horror movie.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 12:20 pm

The Road.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 3:10 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
The Road.

What's your verdict?

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 5:17 am

A Place in the Sun

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
The Road.

What's your verdict?

Depressing. But good.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 10:31 am

Get Out

I don't watch a lot of horror, but I came for the comedy and enjoyed both aspects. Well, all three aspects.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 2:54 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Get Out

I don't watch a lot of horror, but I came for the comedy and enjoyed both aspects. Well, all three aspects.

I enjoyed Get Out too. I didn't know anything about it going in and I ended up enjoying it a lot.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 3:34 pm

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 6:22 pm

Child Eater.

An old reprobate who believed he could cure his own macular degeneration by eating children's eyes, comes back from the dead to continue cannibalizing children's eyes in the b grade horror film.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 6:38 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 6:59 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:

How did you like it?