Page 8 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 11:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
SIDWULF wrote:
Echolalia wrote:
So for me, a solid career, personal achievement (not necessarily monetary) and a good circle of friends are all indicators of a somewhat stable individual
Um nothing new here, all women think that way. It's not the correct way to value a person. None of that stuff makes a person.
It's about time that men like the OP accept this as tautology, and work to evolve into the type of man that women generally find attractive - success and popularity play tremendous roles in attraction.

Maybe a little soap, water, and deodorant wouldn't hurt, either ... :wink:

and what about the millions who can't evolve despite trying and trying. not everyone can be successful, or the word would be meaningless. if everyone was great then no one would be great. if everyone was a billionaire, then being a billionaire would be average, and prices on stuff would skyrocket of course.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 11:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SIDWULF wrote:
Echolalia wrote:
So for me, a solid career, personal achievement (not necessarily monetary) and a good circle of friends are all indicators of a somewhat stable individual
Um nothing new here, all women think that way. It's not the correct way to value a person. None of that stuff makes a person.
It's about time that men like the OP accept this as tautology, and work to evolve into the type of man that women generally find attractive - success and popularity play tremendous roles in attraction.

and what about the millions who can't evolve despite trying and trying. not everyone can be successful, or the word would be meaningless. if everyone was great then no one would be great. if everyone was a billionaire, then being a billionaire would be average, and prices on stuff would skyrocket of course.

The people who become successful, or great, or even Billionaires are the ones who never ever Ever stop trying.

Now, instead of ignoring everyone who has given you constructive criticism & examples of positive changes you could make to yourself and in your life, you could actually decide to try some of them and see if you get results you'd rather have.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 1:39 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
No one is entitled to something such as love.
The whole victim mentality is just so disfunctional. My boyfriend didn't come out of thin air.

I know no one is and I know it's not impossible but very unlikely that I'll find someone who could bear me but it still is incredibly difficult to accept that. Technically, this makes my standards high. Even if other people have long lists for their potential partners, their standards are lower than mine because eventually they do find someone.

I try to be self sufficient. I live for myself and I improve myself for me. But not because I don't like people. I do. I try to help others whenever I can. I just happen to be an undesirable person and there isn't much I can do about that. I wish someone would reject for something I have done or something I haven't done and not for who I am.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 6:03 am

chris4autismrights wrote:
Has anyone noticed how women have such high standards when it comes to guys? I keep getting told on dating websites and by people I know in person "you aren't my type, sorry' or "not interested, sorry" or "I'd rather be friend's" and that irritates me so much!

Come on guys, you understand what I mean

On dating sites, your profile picture is 95% of the deal. Women care about looks, men care about looks--and that's perfectly natural. There are more men than women on dating sites, which may cause some women to think that they are more attractive than they really are, though.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2015, 7:16 am

Kurgan wrote:
There are more men than women on dating sites,

That depends on which site. eHarmony has more women than men. And okcupid is only 53% male. This idea that women generally don't use online dating is so 2009.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 8:20 am

I've also noticed that women on dating sites with a more even ratio are much more down-to-earth and lenient.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2015, 9:27 am

I agree with goldfish to a degree. I honestly belive his naturopath "cure" isnt bragging and that he is honestly trying to help people by telling his story. At the same time I dont belive naturopath is the answer, if it was it would be common knowledge by now! I eat healthy, mostly super foods with loaded nutritional value and i excersise regularly. I take pharmaceuticals for the issues that my diet and exercise haven't cured (ocd related obsessions and anxiety) This should be enough science for any sane person.

I also see quote battles as crazy and pointless :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 9:30 am

This whole thread has devolved into something entirely different from what the OP may have originally intended.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:11 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

That depends on which site. eHarmony has more women than men. And okcupid is only 53% male. This idea that women generally don't use online dating is so 2009.

Not sure where you got that number of okc.

Also, there are way more fake women profiles than fake men profiles, every mod who worked on a dating site would tell you that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 3:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SIDWULF wrote:
Echolalia wrote:

The people who become successful, or great, or even Billionaires are the ones who never ever Ever stop trying.

Now, instead of ignoring everyone who has given you constructive criticism & examples of positive changes you could make to yourself and in your life, you could actually decide to try some of them and see if you get results you'd rather have.

would you please leave me alone. I have stated a bunch of times I am trying to improve my life, yet you ignore that and continue to assume I'm not to support your grand stature.

the reality is not everyone can be successful image a world where everyone was. how would you describe success when everyone has achieved the same things. you can't tell me why red is better then blue if everything is red. theres nothing to compare to. without people who don't become great success stories theres nothing to compare to for those who do.

most of this planet isn't filled with successful people.

I ignore the go to the gym, it'll solve all your problems, kept getting buff fixes everything, it'll magicaly make you face look better and get you a better job.

or we could look at reality where millions if not billions of people work there asses off, try and try and try, and die without ever achieving success. LUCK is the most important part of this stuff. two people could do all the same things, person 1 lives in south america, person 2 lives in europe,. person 1 doesn't become a success, while person 2 does. but both did all the same things, but only one was lucky to be at the right place at the right time. you could say well he can just move, but you don't know where and when such a chance might open, so what do you suggest that people just move constantly around the world bankrupting themselves in pursuit of that chance.

it takes both work and luck, with just work alone you might not anywhere, with just luck alone you might get somewhere, both combined is success.

so fing tired of working and trying and stressing myself out to be told by people like you I'm not trying, this just adds to my depression and makes me want to quit as it never seems to be good enough so whats the point and trying.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
The whole victim mentality is just so disfunctional. My boyfriend didn't come out of thin air.

no ones entitled to anything. being born doesn't entitle a person to food and water.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

no ones entitled to anything. being born doesn't entitle a person to food and water.

Exactly.

And there you go again with your 'leave me alone', now to another user. Like this person is bullying you, while she is simple giving her opinion on your dysfunctional behaviour. You are appearantly very bad at handling feedback.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 6:09 pm

Everyone just stop badgering Sly.
He has stated that he is trying to improve his life: what else can he do? He can't magically become instantly successful and happy just because it bothers you that he isn't.

And acting as though depression is a character flaw is disgusting behaviour.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2015, 6:39 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

How you define success? If you define it as having excess money(like billionaires do)then persistence is certainly necessary, but it is not sufficient. In my country, there really is no easy way to make a lot of money despite the hype that's fed to people in movies, TV, internet banter, and self-help books(which you mentioned earlier and that stuff is really nothing but snake oil sold by shameless self-promoters). Not everyone who works hard and persists is going to succeed in life by whatever metric you use. Like it or lump it, there are things that you cannot control which sometimes work in your favor and sometimes work against you.

But instead of trying in vain to make others feel guilty about not liking you because you don't meet their standards, try to find people whose standards you *do* live up to.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Everyone just stop badgering Sly.
He has stated that he is trying to improve his life: what else can he do? He can't magically become instantly successful and happy just because it bothers you that he isn't.

And acting as though depression is a character flaw is disgusting behaviour.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2015, 10:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Not sure where you got that number of okc.

Also, there are way more fake women profiles than fake men profiles, every mod who worked on a dating site would tell you that.

I got it from one of the site admins(becauseitowns). And FYI, yes there are plenty of fake female profiles but I can tell you from personal experience that okcupid works. Or at least it works for me.