Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 2:54 pm

sly279 wrote:
pretty sure goldfish is a guy. and it was about how he seems to keep ignoring that I am trying. offereing me the same failed advice won't work.

Yes, I'm a guy.

OK then, what are you trying? What are you doing differently? How is it working out for you?

My advice is only "failed advice" if you've actually tried it and determined that it won't work for you. But somehow I find it difficult to believe that self improvement, healthy diet & exercise etc are things that won't work for anyone. Further, it hasn't been a long enough amount of time for you to have improved your health via diet & exercise, or other means, so that's another reason for me not to believe you've tried all of these things and they didn't work for you.

But I am curious, what are you doing & trying differently?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 3:23 pm

I get it, it's their fault and not yours. Always. :roll: Men never have high standards, they never wish for women to be blonde, thin, perfectly proportioned, do all the cooking and cleaning and caring for the kids, look 18 years old all her life and be a general sex slave. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 3:31 pm

You forgot "Never nags or argues".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I get it, it's their fault and not yours. Always. :roll: Men never have high standards, they never wish for women to be blonde, thin, perfectly proportioned, do all the cooking and cleaning and caring for the kids, look 18 years old all her life and be a general sex slave. :roll:

Most don't require women to be blonde waifs who cook, clean, and take of the kids. In fact, a lot of us menz do NOT like skinny broads. But there is plenty of statistical evidence that women are indeed more selective than men. Call it sexism, but it's just a fact. The thing that guys like the OP need to do is find women who are attracted to them. Because the human population is large enough by now that >99% of people, regardless of sex or orientation, can find someone who wants to mate with them.

Might I add that it really isn't someones *fault* that they are or are not attracted to certain things. Attraction is an emotional response and you cannot decide to feel a certain way or not. You only can control whether or not you act upon it(most of the time).

Last edited by Lazar_Kaganovich on 17 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2015, 3:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
pretty sure goldfish is a guy. and it was about how he seems to keep ignoring that I am trying. offereing me the same failed advice won't work.

Yes, I'm a guy.

OK then, what are you trying? What are you doing differently? How is it working out for you?

My advice is only "failed advice" if you've actually tried it and determined that it won't work for you. But somehow I find it difficult to believe that self improvement, healthy diet & exercise etc are things that won't work for anyone. Further, it hasn't been a long enough amount of time for you to have improved your health via diet & exercise, or other means, so that's another reason for me not to believe you've tried all of these things and they didn't work for you.

But I am curious, what are you doing & trying differently?

Healthy diet and exercise alone will NOT alleviate depression for many, many people my friend. Do not assume that what worked for you is going to work for the majority of depression sufferers. Some people have chronic depression that doesn't respond to anything except direct electrical stimulation of the brain. I do get depression once every 5-7 years but mine seems to respond best to prozac.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 3:57 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Healthy diet and exercise alone will NOT alleviate depression for many, many people my friend. Do not assume that what worked for you is going to work for the majority of depression sufferers. Some people have chronic depression that doesn't respond to anything except direct electrical stimulation of the brain. I do get depression once every 5-7 years but mine seems to respond best to prozac.

They may not be the only thing required for someone to feel whole & balanced again, but there's no denying that a healthy diet & plenty of exercise are good for everyone. The combination gets dopamine & serotonin pumping, which combats depression.

Counselling, therapy etc are all good tools to use, too. So are pharmaceuticals when necessary. But, IMO, too many people are too quick to medicate themselves vs. go get some fresh air, break a sweat, and cook up some healthy meals. YMMV.