alcohol and the spiritual blessing of autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

I walk around in a bubble. I can't reach out of the bubble and nobody can reach into it. Unless I drink lots of alcohol, then the bubble disappears to a large extent and I find myself walking around in that cesspool neurotypicals consider home. When I'm there I feel that it is a blessing and not a curse that there is a magnetic repulsion between that sinful world and myself. Does anyone else feel this way too? That coming out of the bubble is a descent to a lower world? The people that consider that place home and are comfortable in it and well-adjusted to it are so only because they themselves are lower creatures, so they naturally resonate with that.

//supreme misanthrope

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 11:40 am

At this point I feel like I might have to get drunk to resonate with aspies too.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 4:56 pm

tomato wrote:
I walk around in a bubble. I can't reach out of the bubble and nobody can reach into it. Unless I drink lots of alcohol, then the bubble disappears to a large extent and I find myself walking around in that cesspool neurotypicals consider home. When I'm there I feel that it is a blessing and not a curse that there is a magnetic repulsion between that sinful world and myself. Does anyone else feel this way too? That coming out of the bubble is a descent to a lower world? The people that consider that place home and are comfortable in it and well-adjusted to it are so only because they themselves are lower creatures, so they naturally resonate with that.

//supreme misanthrope

Yes. My world is a super-sober world of extreme inhibitions.
Alcohol dissolves that. I don't like the effects of alcohol.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 6:40 pm

tomato wrote:
That coming out of the bubble is a descent to a lower world? The people that consider that place home and are comfortable in it and well-adjusted to it are so only because they themselves are lower creatures, so they naturally resonate with that.

//supreme misanthrope

Extroverts are not "lower creatures," and neither are introverts. We are simply different.

Social intelligence and emotional intelligence have nothing to do with being more or less "spiritual."

Humanity is comprised of many different personality types, and each serves a unique purpose in the world.

StellarSky
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

I hate alcohol, it tastes appalling. I can barely get it into my mouth. I'm not sure if it's a sensory thing for me or what. I managed to force myself drunk a couple times in my life, but never enjoyed it. I'd be just fine with never having a drink for the rest of my life.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 10:55 pm

StellarSky wrote:
I hate alcohol, it tastes appalling. I can barely get it into my mouth. I'm not sure if it's a sensory thing for me or what. I managed to force myself drunk a couple times in my life, but never enjoyed it. I'd be just fine with never having a drink for the rest of my life.

Ethanol and other alcohols are toxins, as well as organic solvents.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 11:40 pm

I personally like alcohol. I like the way it burns at my throat. I don't like anything too strong I've never had my inhibitions destroyed by alcohol. I've never been drunk.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 2:11 am

I loathe the stuff. Absolutely loathe it.

I've never understood the point of using it. Any good feelings it might provide are false; they're not real, they're an illusion conjured up by the hideous crap... and when they go away, people often feel much worse. AND they'll often have a bunch of alcohol-caused problems during this time. And the stuff can do bad things to people. It can get you into car accidents, which could be fatal, it could get you arrested for doing amazingly stupid things, it could make you totally embarrass yourself in front of others, it could destroy your liver over time if you keep going with it.... the list goes on, and on, and on.

I've always wondered why the stuff isnt banned... I see it as poison, as one way or another, it DOES wreck lives, and it DOES get people killed. Neither of which are rare things. My only theory has been this: It doesnt get banned, because the people doing the banning would then not be able to have it themselves either.

And of course people always drink it also because society expects it of them. You're not NORMAL if you dont drink yourself into a negative IQ on a regular basis. You're a total weirdo if you dont drink. You're not worth associating with if you dont drink. What set of braindead morons started this?

Doesnt help that it also smells like cat urine to me. Just... ugh. I've never touched a drop of that stupidity potion, and I never will. I also dont tolerate anyone using it around me. Friends dont drink around me, because I'll get "unpleasant" if they do. And if any of them has had so much as a drop of the stuff, I dont allow them into my car. Despite that I'm *always* the one driving (and no exceptions to this, ever). Fortunately, most people I know dont really drink much to begin with.

maglevsky
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2014, 9:28 am

Quote:
Does anyone else feel this way too? That coming out of the bubble is a descent to a lower world?

I guess my bubble is a lot more permeable than yours, but I have experienced similar feelings e.g. when going out to "meat market" type nightclubs. I've very rarely been after getting laid with "whoever is willing" but even on those few occasions, alcohol did not help much - I did lose some inhibitions but still couldn't fit in, and it caused me to behave inappropriately in other ways, killing whatever chances I may have had.

Luckily for me it's not a huge issue because in my bubble, I can often reach out and others can often reach in. Not every single time that I'd like to, but often enough I guess.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 2:31 pm

Syd wrote:
tomato wrote:
That coming out of the bubble is a descent to a lower world? The people that consider that place home and are comfortable in it and well-adjusted to it are so only because they themselves are lower creatures, so they naturally resonate with that.

//supreme misanthrope

Extroverts are not "lower creatures," and neither are introverts. We are simply different.

Social intelligence and emotional intelligence have nothing to do with being more or less "spiritual."

Humanity is comprised of many different personality types, and each serves a unique purpose in the world.
I don't think so. Also, the fact that there are many personality types which each serves a unique purpose in the world in no way contradicts the notion that extroverts and emotionally intelligent people are less evolved. Cows serve a purpose too.

RikkiK
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2014, 8:48 pm

This post makes me smile. I quite like drinking socially, because I can say things without worrying, and am much more free with flirting and joking. As in, if I say something wrong when I'm sober there is no excuse---when I'm drunk, it seems that I "can't be held accountable" (a stupid logic behind people misbehaving under the ruse of a lack of control while drunk).

I was disappointed when my romantic interest had to cancel our evening with wine and rescheduled for a coffee...I was a different person altogether. Clammed up, no clue what to say whatsoever, mumbling, not flirty at all. I must have been a bore...

RikkiK
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2014, 8:50 pm

Although, I don't see it as an inferiority thing whatsoever. I'm just not as all-consumingly self-conscious.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 10:51 pm

Misery wrote:
I loathe the stuff. Absolutely loathe it.

I've never understood the point of using it. Any good feelings it might provide are false; they're not real, they're an illusion conjured up by the hideous crap... and when they go away, people often feel much worse. AND they'll often have a bunch of alcohol-caused problems during this time. And the stuff can do bad things to people. It can get you into car accidents, which could be fatal, it could get you arrested for doing amazingly stupid things, it could make you totally embarrass yourself in front of others, it could destroy your liver over time if you keep going with it.... the list goes on, and on, and on.

I've always wondered why the stuff isnt banned... I see it as poison, as one way or another, it DOES wreck lives, and it DOES get people killed. Neither of which are rare things. My only theory has been this: It doesnt get banned, because the people doing the banning would then not be able to have it themselves either.

And of course people always drink it also because society expects it of them. You're not NORMAL if you dont drink yourself into a negative IQ on a regular basis. You're a total weirdo if you dont drink. You're not worth associating with if you dont drink. What set of braindead morons started this?

Doesnt help that it also smells like cat urine to me. Just... ugh. I've never touched a drop of that stupidity potion, and I never will. I also dont tolerate anyone using it around me. Friends dont drink around me, because I'll get "unpleasant" if they do. And if any of them has had so much as a drop of the stuff, I dont allow them into my car. Despite that I'm *always* the one driving (and no exceptions to this, ever). Fortunately, most people I know dont really drink much to begin with.

This sounds just like stuff I would say.

GlennBecksTears
Raven
Raven

26 Dec 2014, 2:36 am

Alcohol provides extreme relief of my social anxieties so I am able to more easily carry on conversations.