From pattern recognition to social skills and sympathy

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

nouse
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2014, 2:37 pm

I just read Hans Asperger original article. It seems to me that I identify with it quite a lot except I always had good sense about people. Then I watched documentary about Daniel Tammet how he identified himself with emotionality and numbers. Then it all clicked is pattern formed right before my eyes.
I know I have always been quite sympathetic person. Empathy is not sympathy in fact empathetic people can appear quite cold where as sympathetic people are something I like because of their warmness. I don't need emotional problem solvers hence sympathy appeals to me more.

I think I patternize and correlate human behaviour quite a bit. I am famous of it. It is like I appear to be some kind of thought and emotion reader (not feelings reader).
Remember emotional expressions are easy to patternize like musical tone patterns and facial expressions. Then there is repeating mannerisms and thoughts and BAM it is easy to become immersed inside a personal human pattern. Empathy is about imaging and living person biography with him with minimal input. I sympathize emotionally with pattern which other people shows to me quite easily but I have absolutely minimal empathy.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 2:50 pm

That makes a lot of sense to me!

It may be worthwhile to see if you can apply your skills to other areas of interest. I've been pleasantly surprised at the diversity of things I've been able to become good at.