Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 1:43 am

An "NT" is anyone who doesn't have autism. Which means virtually everyone on the planet. So is it possible to mask mild autism traits and appear to be like all the other seven billion people running around? I suppose so.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 6:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
An "NT" is anyone who doesn't have autism. Which means virtually everyone on the planet. So is it possible to mask mild autism traits and appear to be like all the other seven billion people running around? I suppose so.

People with schizophrenia or Down Syndrome would be considered non-neurotypical too, wouldn't they? I don't think non-NT necessarily means autistic, just that ones neuro-type differs from the majority. At any rate, your point stands.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 6:32 pm

Imagine what it would be like if you were a professional actor (if you aren't already). Only you don't get paid, you have to do your job 24-7, and you never get any vacation time and you have to act even when you're sick. You would be very stressed out and exhausted, which would very likely lead to a deep depression and even suicide.

That is what it would be like to permanently pretend you're NT. Don't do it. You should be who you are no matter what.

AnonymouslyAutistic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2016, 8:53 am

Passing is a physically draining process. It can cause Autistic Burnout and is NOT good for your mental and physical health.

With love,
Anonymously Autistic
“Anna”

https://anonymouslyautistic.net/