Ladies, wouldn't that bother you? (A bomb question)

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:50 pm

You can demand him solid proof that there are more women interested in him and dump him if he fails to comply. You can corroborate it with the other women. If he turns out to have lied, they might even lend you a hand or two to geld him.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 12:04 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
You can demand him solid proof that there are more women interested in him and dump him if he fails to comply. You can corroborate it with the other women. If he turns out to have lied, they might even lend you a hand or two to geld him.

Good idea!

You ladies should demand your men to show you messages and texts from other women in the past or if you are just dating him to show you recent messages; otherwise he is with you just because you are his only option. :lol:

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 12:28 pm

I once messaged a girl like that. I felt really bad when she said that she will give up dating unless I'll date her. I didn't date her, but on the bright side, she didn't give up. I saw her profile still on the website for a long time after this.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 11:52 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

Good idea!

You ladies should demand your men to show you messages and texts from other women in the past or if you are just dating him to show you recent messages; otherwise he is with you just because you are his only option. :lol:

guess I'd be screwed then. I won't dat somone who isn't a good compatibiltyt match. personality and interest is more important then haivng a relationship just of having one and sex.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 12:12 am

androbot01 wrote:
This whole thread is sad...Boo, why don't you just ask blue_bean to twirl for you like Eugenie Bouchard?

Honestly, being desirable is an illusion. Sure in the beginning there might be lust, but once thats gone its all just contractual negotiations. Get over it. None of us are particularly desirable to anyone but our mothers.

as someone who has been married for six years, and who has lost her sex drive due to menopause, i'd like to say that what we have left is a lot more than a contract. we enjoy spending time with each other. we learn from each other. we look out for each other. we respect each other. we still have sex because he enjoys it and i remember enjoying it and would never take that from someone i love. i enjoy the cuddling and pillow talk after. we hold hands a lot. we kiss a lot. it's affection, not sex. we are best friends. we keep each others' secrets. we ask each other for advice and understanding. contract? yes, we divide the responsibilities, but it's not that cut and dried.

mahendar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2015, 2:30 am

I don't think so

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 1:52 am

Reviving this thread - this should be a sticky.

And again, only blue_bean on the first page got it right so far.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 5:29 am

A bomb question indeed.

So everyone who answers truthfully is wrong unless it matches your own preconceived ideas?

Thread should detonate now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 5:32 am

^ Yes, BOOM!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 5:38 am

Ka-freaking-boom.

Must be a slow night in Boo land.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 6:32 am

The equivalent question for guys would be like "Wouldn't bother you if you find out that your current gf/wife went for you just because you happened to be the first guy in her life to ask her out?".

But I know that most guys wouldn't care anyway and it's something rarely happens anyway.

We see way more threads on forums the typical "A girl replied me on okc, what to do??"/ "A girl said yes, what to do??" than "A guy asked me out on okc, what to do??".

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 6:53 am

There is no one correct or incorrect answer to this, because it's a question of opinion. The only way it can be incorrect is if the person isn't telling the truth about what he/she thinks.

Yes, it would bother me. Because a person is supposed to like me for me, not because I'm the only option available. If a person is only dating me because he is desperate and has had no other options, then it stands to reason that if he found another better option in the future, he'd take it. Without real chemistry, compatibility, and emotional attachment from both sides, there is no point.

So yeah, if a guy is just messaging hundreds of women more or less indiscriminately to get a response, I wouldn't be in the least bit interested. I also wouldn't be interested in someone who messaged girls based on appearance alone.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 6:57 am

Generally it makes sense to potentially date someone who messages you back even if it is your first response after 100's. Then dating the person is where you decide if you want to be with that person long term and consider it a committed relationship. It wouldn't bother me if I was the only one who responded back to a guy and that is why they decided to try dating me.....Now if it was specifically that he probably wouldn't have picked me out of other choices then that might be a bit more bothersome, like if they felt they are just 'settling' for someone who if given the choice they'd go for someone else.

I certainly didn't have a lot of suitors or admirers to filter through to pick my guy...he was just one of the few who sent me a messege that I could work with and was receptive to wanting to meet in person. I think a few I talked to perhaps decided against meeting in person after messaging me one on one on okcupid or they weren't receptive to hints like 'we should meet up sometime'. I got no responses back from initial messages I sent to guys.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 6:58 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's say you have realized that you were the only option for your current bf/husband, probably because you were the only one who said yes to his asking out (while he asked out many before), or you were the only one (or besides very very few) who replied to his message on dating site/app (while he messaged 100s), wouldn't that bother you?

Wouldn't bother you that the real main reason why he went to a first date with you was because he had not much of other options, and probably would have not picked you if he had 100 options willing to date him in his surrounding or in his web dating's inbox?

Because you know, I see it happening a lot with guys on dating site, they seem to date anyone who have replied them out of the 100s they messaged.

And it's know, that many of you ladies had a lot of suitors/admirers and you had to filter a lot to pick your guy, wouldn't bother he if your picked guy didn't go through a similar process?

BOOM!

Think well before replying.

god you're always on about dating sites. that makes you kind of uninteresting i guess

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 7:01 am

Out of curiosity boo what girls do you usually choose to message?

Also have you ever been the one to do the bomb question?

PennyFri
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2016, 7:08 am

I don't think being someone's first partner or 'option' matters. What matters is how happy the person is with their 'only option'. Someone can start later in life & still have a wonderful relationship(s). If anything, waiting can cause people to appreciate & enjoy what they have more when they get it. So I guess, if I get back on topic, I would be upset if I was with a guy that didn't love & value me. But I wouldn't care about how many options or offers he had or didn't have when he met me.