Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 7:34 pm

In my lifetime, I've noticed that I've had more crushes on guys than girls. However, on a purely sexual level, I am equally attracted to both genders. I. Find that a bit weird. There's no reason why I shouldn't have more crushes on women, but it seems that the people I have had crushes on generally happened to be dudes (with a few exceptions of course). Is this normal?

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:20 pm

It's absolutely normal. Romantic attraction is very distinct from sexual attraction. I learned that the hard way when I found I could develop romantic attractions to both men and women but had zero sexual attraction to the latter.

Consult, if you will, this handy chart:

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 11:09 am

Skibz888 is right, it's perfectly normal. No one is 100% heterosexual or gay, and those who consider themselves to be bisexual still tend to have a bias towards either men or women, it's never exactly 50-50. Although it can be painful, romantic love tends to be more profound and lasting than sexual attraction, which is often little more satisfying than masturbation (or even less so!) If you're lucky you might experience both at once, but again, either sex or romance will probably predominate. For all the pain I prefer romantic love and have nearly always experienced this for men; in fact it is a distinctive feature of gay relationships, whether sexual or platonic. Of course, you might be somewhat asexual ... it's more common than people think.