went on a date with a high functioning sociopath

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2015, 2:42 pm

Dantac wrote:
I would strongly suggest you reconsider this guy. If you need a no-strings-attached sex friend to hang out with and have fun you have a vast pool of non-sociopaths to choose from. As it stands you're playing feed the white shark while you're in the water, outside of the shark cage, thinking you can pull your hand out of its mouth fast enough as you feed him a little sardine.

The phrase "Tickling the Dragons Tail" is another analogy which comes to mind.

mel113
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

I'm not asking people to change my mind, I'm trying to figure out what to expect- But Dantac, you have a good point about where my thinking is about this and it'd probably be a good idea if I got back in the shark cage... If it will make you all feel better I haven't gone on another date with this dude and we don't talk very often, right now I'm simply expressing my frustration at the idea that I can't connect with anybody else...no one else (outside of this forum) is understanding what i mean when I say that I can't identify with most people. Regardless of my decion (and I haven't entirely made up my mind yet but I'm leaning towards leaving this dude) the fact that I can't identify with people (and im not physically attracted to most people) makes things so difficult...

jwfess
Raven
Raven

09 Feb 2015, 2:51 am

mel113 wrote:
I'm not asking people to change my mind, I'm trying to figure out what to expect- But Dantac, you have a good point about where my thinking is about this and it'd probably be a good idea if I got back in the shark cage... If it will make you all feel better I haven't gone on another date with this dude and we don't talk very often, right now I'm simply expressing my frustration at the idea that I can't connect with anybody else...no one else (outside of this forum) is understanding what i mean when I say that I can't identify with most people. Regardless of my decion (and I haven't entirely made up my mind yet but I'm leaning towards leaving this dude) the fact that I can't identify with people (and im not physically attracted to most people) makes things so difficult...

Okay, so why is he a sociopath again? I don't think you've clarified that. I don't think anyone can help you know what to expect if you don't explain what behaviors indicate he is sociopathic.