Am I cursed to be forever alone?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 9:25 pm

I'd suggest developing a variety of skills and interests, so that when you do meet up with women, you have something to talk about.

You may want to go out and visit the local attractions--yes it can be hard to go places with with a lot a people, but not as hard as going to the same place on an actual date. :wink:

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2015, 11:37 pm

BTDT wrote:
I'd suggest developing a variety of skills and interests, so that when you do meet up with women, you have something to talk about.

You may want to go out and visit the local attractions--yes it can be hard to go places with with a lot a people, but not as hard as going to the same place on an actual date. :wink:

Sadly the interests I try to avoid are the 'boring' ones outside of my current interests (Adult shows and the like). The problem is there's a shortage of girls with my interests who are single.

886 wrote:
There's a lot of people out there who like to spot your weaknesses and take advantage of them, hence why you're 170$ in a hole. She probably figured she could just trade you sex for pity and money, which it seems happened.

Either way, never loan anyone money unless you fully trust them and have known them for a very long time..

...and this is why i became even more stingy with money after that. I mean last time I was pissed off because my brother didn't pay me on the scheduled date for something he owed me!

To be honest, the girl was mentally ret*d. Yet she still conned me out!

roteiro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Feb 2015, 10:39 am

As for me, online dating is the best option in such a situation. But if you want to date online, you should choose appropriate and reliable website e.g. Mymagicbrides and create a good profile with nice photos of you. And everything will be fine, I used such a method and it worked for me ;)

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:46 am

Yes when you were a baby, an evil witch put a spell on you where no matter what, you will never find true love. Hence you are cursed to be forever alone.

I am aware of this spell and I know how to break out of it. This spell can only be broken if you stand on the roof of your home and start singing as loud as you can im in love with a stripper.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2015, 11:32 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Yes when you were a baby, an evil witch put a spell on you where no matter what, you will never find true love. Hence you are cursed to be forever alone.

I am aware of this spell and I know how to break out of it. This spell can only be broken if you stand on the roof of your home and start singing as loud as you can im in love with a stripper.

What if I live on n apartment and I can't get to the roof? :lol:

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:04 pm

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

Then you're screwed buddy. Enjoy the single life.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2015, 6:59 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
arnoldmcguire335 wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

Then you're screwed buddy. Enjoy the single life.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm

I often wonder that too being 27 and always have been single

Thanatos86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm

Echolalia wrote:
Okay, there's probably not a lot of perspective in declaring you'll be a crazy cat person, before you're out of your 20's.

I think oyu'd be surprised at how many such people know it deep down in their 20's and find it to be true in their 50's after they've tried evreything thye could to avoid it.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2015, 1:17 am

Thanatos86 wrote:
I think oyu'd be surprised at how many such people know it deep down in their 20's and find it to be true in their 50's after they've tried evreything thye could to avoid it.

Explain?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 3:22 am

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:
Thanatos86 wrote:

Explain?

people told me when I was 22 that I'd be fine and find someone that life gets better. I'm 27 now and it hasn't happen. some people are 50 and were told the same and it never happen to them

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 3:40 am

People tell that because it's a nice thing to do. They don't actually mean it.

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
I often wonder that too being 27 and always have been single

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If what you've been doing for 27 years has rendered you single and dateless, continuing to do the exact same thing is likely to continue to result in you being single and dateless.

What can you do differently?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 10:47 am

darkphantomx wrote:
Listen the majority of us are going to what everyone else does. Get married, have kids, and when we die, no one will remember us except for our family. The only thing most of us will ever contribute to this world is by having kids. It is our biological nature to want to love but what if it is this that is holding us back?

See this as an opportunity. An opprotunity to contribute to the world to the best of your ability. Not by making love and babies, but by actually contributing to the world and society in general. We need more people like this. Because anyone can change the world, and if it's anyone, then it's you who can change it.

I'd gladly give up the "blessing" of being wiped out of the gene pool and dying a frustrated, virgin loner, thank you very much. I'd much rather get to know love and have kids, and let someone else enjoy the "privilege".

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Amandar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Aug 2015, 11:36 am

I have wondered the same thing myself. I'm 33 and single. Had some close calls but nothing ever developed further. I usually end up just being friends with men that I've tried to date.

Personally I think that I lack a strong sense of self. I tend to be a bit chameleon like. My interests and personality morph depending on who I'm with. My therapist says that this a common survival tactic resulting from childhood abuse. With that being said, I am shifting my focus from trying to find a lover to trying to find out who I really am, and what I like, and what I want.

I theorize that love will enter my life after I experience more personal growth.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 12:12 pm

CupidAardvark wrote:
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If what you've been doing for 27 years has rendered you single and dateless, continuing to do the exact same thing is likely to continue to result in you being single and dateless.

I agree. It doesn't mean that it can't change. It just means that it's unlikely to.