Page 9 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 105  Next

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2015, 4:31 pm

My version of life.

Who am I, where am I, what am I doing here, where did I come from, I mean I know we all came from the great valley of life. But where do we really come from? Am I an alien, who are you, are you an alien, what is a human really? Who are we? What the hell are we all doing here on this planet, a rock floating through space in a galaxy within a universe, a universe so big it would take more than a life time to journey across it. Yet it can be as small as a single atom. Where did this space come from, and why is there space to allow for space, why is it space and not solid. Are we a solid space. Until these questions are answered for me I just can't seem to take life to seriously.

If I asked you to imagine what I just wrote, it all seems a bit fantasy and surreal, so fantasy is fact then RIGHT!! !! Call it what you want we all live in a fantasy. Where all taking the ride but I don't remember buying a ticket. Who's sick idea was it too put me here, was it my choice, why do I think this, why am I able to think this and the thoughts I do. What I do know is if I'm not dreaming, which I might. Then what I have just said is magnificent, a miracle, a symbol that anything is possible, even in dreams. What am I doing!! !! I am writing squiggles which can be interpreted by another. There's even a squiggle for squiggles which came out of my squiggly brain. Life has created this. In other words life has taught itself to question itself. Us. Assuming life is the creator and I am sceptical about god. Why would life do that, is it just designed to send me crazy or is it designed for knowledge and survival. Are we destined to find out or is it just an accident. Is A.I the next step to evolution, man creating machine. A machine that could essentially live forever and travel to distant planets. That we are part of life's life. Recreating the universes intelligence. That the universe has been created by A.I and is governed in the same principle and that life is like a machine.

So if we are not creating machines then what else are we really doing!! !!
What are we really doing!! !!
Is this a fantasy?
Is the world flat?
Did we go to the moon?
Should we be fantasising?
Anythings possible!! !!
Do you believe in aliens?
But most believe in god?
What about evolution?
Or maybe you believe in all?
Is that possible?
Anything is possible?
All in the name of science, even science keeps getting corrected and science isn't scientifically science until proven fact.
What is fact?

So back to where I started, who am I. And what are we really doing as a species. I mean this is essentially lock away and throw away the key material but we choose to ignore it going on about our daily lives. Hey but that's life. If you ever thought you were mental take a look at the moon, and the stars and think of the sun and and the universe and tell me that's not already so. So in my opinion it's all nuts. And if you haven't already thought of that then your nuts because your in it.
Is life a TV gameshow?
Or is it much more than that?
Or is it a game show within a game show, life is your game show sunny, play your Bruce cards right or Bruce will be after you.

I have a theory in which it consists of dimensions, that being if you lived in a higher dimension on a higher plane, then you would have an omnipotent view of the plane below essentially giving the observer god like ability's.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

AngelRho wrote:
You don't have to have highly advanced observation skills to detect that everything as we know it is caused. You can point that out, but you'll probably get something like "common sense makes up only an insignificantly minuscule amount of all that is known."

sophisticated wrote:
No, you don't have to have advanced observations skills at all, all you need is common sense, and common sense is universal.

There are many things in this world that don't add up using common sense.

The idea of fitting several encyclopedias on a pinhead doesn't make common sense. The idea that satellites have to correct for time because time is slower up there, doesn't make common sense. Go back a few hundred years and the notion of microscopic organisms being responsible for disease went totally against common sense. The ancient idea that the stars were stuck on a dome made common sense because on a clear night that's what it looks like.

Observable reality has always been a catch-cry to common sense, but not everything in reality is observable, and not everything observable is reality. We first knew that time is slower up in orbit because of theory. Common sense would not have solved that problem. Common sense would have thrown that one out, with great enthusiasm.

AngelRho wrote:
As I said before, mankind always believed in God, but now we have this new movement that is telling people to disbelieve in everything that is unscientific, the people behind this movement seem to be very clever but are in fact idiots.

Mankind long believed in things that turned out not to be true. And they believed such things because they didn't know any better and drew wrong conclusions. For thousands of years, man believed disease was possession, or a curse or there was some other supernatural cause. Longevity of belief is not a good reason for belief. If I had to, I would take anecdotal evidence before long held belief. For thousands of years, people believed the world was flat - even the Genesis 1 creation story is predicated on that. Long held belief is not evidence of truth.

As for the "new movement" it's not a new movement at all. And there is no one "behind it" other than people who feel passionate, just as many theists feel passionate. Would you call theists idiots because of their passion? I for one am glad that agnostics and atheists can now have a voice without being treated as heathen, depending where you go of course. Saying there are people behind a new movement suggests an evil conspiracy. I remember thinking that way when I was a Christian.

I came from 35+ years as a born-again Christian before many years of inner reflection, study and logic finally told me that I had wasted decades allowing a religion to predicate my thinking.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm

sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
When I say anything that is "moved" , I mean anything that is moved by something else, God is not moved by anything, He is the unmoved mover.

A. That's an interpretation, not a logical construct.
B. What do you mean by unmoved? There are plenty of examples in the Bible of God being "moved".

Again.. it's not logic, but circular reasoning that attempts to sound like logic.

If every event requires a cause, then every event requires a cause, period. If you're going to make exceptions, then why are yours the only exceptions that are valid?

Because an infinite chain of regress is impossible.

But an infinite being is possible?

Denying the existence of the First-Cause is the same as denying your own existence.

How? Are we going to resort to unqualified statements now?

You don't get it do you ?

Explain it to me.

You just robbed a bank and I'm a policeman chasing you on the highway, my intention is to shoot your tires to get you to stop, but before I do this I must get permission from my superintendent, I call my him and ask for permission, my superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant, he calls him and asks for permission, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant , he calls him and asks for permission, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant , he calls him and asks for permission, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant , he calls him and asks for permission, ...

If this goes on forever, will I be able to shoot your tires ?

It's a clever analogy, but how is it the same?
If I want to sit in my shed, building a boat, why would I first ask permission?
Or, if I asked my wife's permission, why would she ask her parents' permission?
Or if she asked her parent's permission, why would her parents as for the local council's permission?
I just decide I want a boat. That doesn't pre-empt my parents from procreating me.
I become the first cause of my boat's existence. That doesn't make me eternal.

You wouldn't ask for permission to build a boat in your shed, but you needed your parents to give birth to you, and your parents needed their parents to give birth to them , and so on.

Yep.. and so would your deity.
And speaking of common sense, the idea of a deity being eternal just doesn't make common sense, because nothing is eternal.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2015, 5:19 pm

Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
When I say anything that is "moved" , I mean anything that is moved by something else, God is not moved by anything, He is the unmoved mover.

A. That's an interpretation, not a logical construct.
B. What do you mean by unmoved? There are plenty of examples in the Bible of God being "moved".

Again.. it's not logic, but circular reasoning that attempts to sound like logic.

If every event requires a cause, then every event requires a cause, period. If you're going to make exceptions, then why are yours the only exceptions that are valid?

Because an infinite chain of regress is impossible.

But an infinite being is possible?

Denying the existence of the First-Cause is the same as denying your own existence.

How? Are we going to resort to unqualified statements now?

You don't get it do you ?

Explain it to me.

You just robbed a bank and I'm a policeman chasing you on the highway, my intention is to shoot your tires to get you to stop, but before I do this I must get permission from my superintendent, I call my him and ask for permission, my superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant, he calls him and asks for permission, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant , he calls him and asks for permission, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant , he calls him and asks for permission, his superintendant says he has to get permission from his superintendant , he calls him and asks for permission, ...

If this goes on forever, will I be able to shoot your tires ?

It's a clever analogy, but how is it the same?
If I want to sit in my shed, building a boat, why would I first ask permission?
Or, if I asked my wife's permission, why would she ask her parents' permission?
Or if she asked her parent's permission, why would her parents as for the local council's permission?
I just decide I want a boat. That doesn't pre-empt my parents from procreating me.
I become the first cause of my boat's existence. That doesn't make me eternal.

You wouldn't ask for permission to build a boat in your shed, but you needed your parents to give birth to you, and your parents needed their parents to give birth to them , and so on.

Yep.. and so would your deity.
And speaking of common sense, the idea of a deity being eternal just doesn't make common sense, because nothing is eternal.

Looks like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Now I don't know if you genuinely don't get it or deliberately don't want to get it, but I wish you the best of luck.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm

sophisticated wrote:
No, you don't have to have advanced observations skills at all, all you need is common sense, and common sense is universal.

You would think so, yes. But then you have the issue of whether someone is going to believe that common sense is enough.

sophisticated wrote:
As I said before, mankind always believed in God, but now we have this new movement that is telling people to disbelieve in everything that is unscientific, the people behind this movement seem to be very clever but are in fact idiots.

Sure. Well…still, we have to be careful here. When you say "mankind always believed in God," is this merely a red herring? There's a way to run with that and make it work, but a history of people believing things to be true doesn't magically make something true. The way you play that is it's possible that the reason people always believed in God is because they experienced something that justified their belief. It doesn't matter what side of faith you're own, it all goes back to the evidence.

Also, I wouldn't go there about people being idiots. I'm not afraid to share my personal opinion about things, and I don't particularly care if people hate me for those opinions. But if I honestly felt that way towards someone, that's an opinion I'd chose to keep to myself. For one, you're committing ad hominem. For another, even if it's true that someone is an idiot, labeling isn't going to help your cause.

Personally (see, what did I tell you?), I think that silence is the ultimate insult you can pay someone. There have been two WP members that I ignored out of existence. One of those was verbally abusive towards me, so I just stopped responding. The other displayed such gross immaturity that I came right out and told him I would no longer respond. This particular person would respond by first asking me to define certain terms, and then after that I had to define my definitions, and when I got weary of semantics games, he'd go on about how everything I say is gibberish. Well…if all language breaks down into meaningless gibberish, then his counterarguments were meaningless as well. I really tried to be patient. He was as bad at argumentation as I am at chess. I win chess games. But my strategy is to clear all pieces from the board and trap the opposing king with a combination of rooks and queens. It is an effective strategy. But in order to be effective, my opponent has to be a worse chess player than I am. A better chess player would never fall for those tricks, and I stopped falling for those in debate. It was the absolute insistence on cornering me in a game I refused to play that finally got to me. I said outright I'd never respond to this guy and explained very clearly why I stopped responding. I haven't lost one minute of sleep over it, either.

Point? Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 6:17 pm

@sophisticated--up for a case study?

Narrator wrote:
There are many things in this world that don't add up using common sense.

The idea of fitting several encyclopedias on a pinhead doesn't make common sense. The idea that satellites have to correct for time because time is slower up there, doesn't make common sense. Go back a few hundred years and the notion of microscopic organisms being responsible for disease went totally against common sense. The ancient idea that the stars were stuck on a dome made common sense because on a clear night that's what it looks like.

Observable reality has always been a catch-cry to common sense, but not everything in reality is observable, and not everything observable is reality. We first knew that time is slower up in orbit because of theory. Common sense would not have solved that problem. Common sense would have thrown that one out, with great enthusiasm.

Exactly what I was talking about. Common sense doesn't explain everything, therefore common sense doesn't explain anything.

[@Narrator: I know that's not what you're saying here, but I have observed that some will tend to play the "common sense is bogus" card. I'm not saying you are wrong here, but the "common sense" rebuttal is strikingly predictable. And that's what made your response interesting to me.]

Narrator wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

Careful with the quotes there…these aren't my words.

Narrator wrote:
Mankind long believed in things that turned out not to be true. And they believed such things because they didn't know any better and drew wrong conclusions. For thousands of years, man believed disease was possession, or a curse or there was some other supernatural cause. Longevity of belief is not a good reason for belief. If I had to, I would take anecdotal evidence before long held belief. For thousands of years, people believed the world was flat - even the Genesis 1 creation story is predicated on that. Long held belief is not evidence of truth.

As for the "new movement" it's not a new movement at all. And there is no one "behind it" other than people who feel passionate, just as many theists feel passionate. Would you call theists idiots because of their passion? I for one am glad that agnostics and atheists can now have a voice without being treated as heathen, depending where you go of course. Saying there are people behind a new movement suggests an evil conspiracy. I remember thinking that way when I was a Christian.

I came from 35+ years as a born-again Christian before many years of inner reflection, study and logic finally told me that I had wasted decades allowing a religion to predicate my thinking.

Yeah…this was what I was referring to in my earlier post. "Longevity of belief is not a good reason for belief." Well said. HOWEVER, just because a widely held belief is long-lived doesn't make it untrue, either. This is the problem. You need to examine WHY something is widely held and why it has survived for a long time. You can't just assume there aren't good reasons for it. If there are reasons for that belief to survive as it has, that might be evidence in favor of the truth of those beliefs. I mean, you can't just ASSUME either way if you intend to do it any justice.

I don't think I've ever brought this up in a discussion, but there is that--the issue of justice, and that's something every believer should consider. Does the opposite view actually deserve justice? If we know God exists, the Bible is true, etc., are we really obligated to give views opposing God, the Bible, et al. equal time and consideration? If we are so obligated, why? Someone who rejects God and claims to do so through "reason" would predictably say, "oh yes, absolutely. Why not?" But in practice, I don't really see anti-theists giving theism the same justice. If there's no way to move the needle and both sides trot out the same old, boring, pointless arguments, I'll just get back to my nap and have someone come get me when you're done. :lol:

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2015, 6:57 pm

AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

You would think so, yes. But then you have the issue of whether someone is going to believe that common sense is enough.

sophisticated wrote:

Sure. Well…still, we have to be careful here. When you say "mankind always believed in God," is this merely a red herring? There's a way to run with that and make it work, but a history of people believing things to be true doesn't magically make something true. The way you play that is it's possible that the reason people always believed in God is because they experienced something that justified their belief. It doesn't matter what side of faith you're own, it all goes back to the evidence.

Also, I wouldn't go there about people being idiots. I'm not afraid to share my personal opinion about things, and I don't particularly care if people hate me for those opinions. But if I honestly felt that way towards someone, that's an opinion I'd chose to keep to myself. For one, you're committing ad hominem. For another, even if it's true that someone is an idiot, labeling isn't going to help your cause.

Personally (see, what did I tell you?), I think that silence is the ultimate insult you can pay someone. There have been two WP members that I ignored out of existence. One of those was verbally abusive towards me, so I just stopped responding. The other displayed such gross immaturity that I came right out and told him I would no longer respond. This particular person would respond by first asking me to define certain terms, and then after that I had to define my definitions, and when I got weary of semantics games, he'd go on about how everything I say is gibberish. Well…if all language breaks down into meaningless gibberish, then his counterarguments were meaningless as well. I really tried to be patient. He was as bad at argumentation as I am at chess. I win chess games. But my strategy is to clear all pieces from the board and trap the opposing king with a combination of rooks and queens. It is an effective strategy. But in order to be effective, my opponent has to be a worse chess player than I am. A better chess player would never fall for those tricks, and I stopped falling for those in debate. It was the absolute insistence on cornering me in a game I refused to play that finally got to me. I said outright I'd never respond to this guy and explained very clearly why I stopped responding. I haven't lost one minute of sleep over it, either.

Point? Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

What I mean is that people always believed, without using fancy technology, belief in God is just part of our natural state, it is common sense and I for one will not trade my common sense with modern science.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

everything must have a creator, that is god! you might ask know, who created god, nobody, god has always existed becuse he is god. this is the ultimate truth and will bring comfort to all.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm

sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I haven't been the recipient of evidence of a "god" who is consciously aware of being a "god."

Perhaps, there is a "superior" force which served as the catalyst which instigated all other forces.

Would you be posting on this forum if there was no catalyst which instigated all other forces ?

Dominoes:

Would the last domino fall if the first one hasn't ?

Sadly enough, there is often a shortage of COMMON SENSE among scientists, science, and the systemizing mind, in general.

Thank GOD I am born with HUMAN common sense, and escape the SYSTEMIZATION OF THE HUMAN BRAIN that abstract language, collective standard I.Q. type intelligence, and complex culture can make into a reality of human being, TO once again REGAIN HUMAN COMMON SENSE.

And when I say common sense, I am talking to the innate instinctual and intuitive prowess of human being.

There ARE A LOT OF DUH NOWS in science.

I think that Stephen Hawking more than evidences that alone.

Problem is he is viewing life from a rather LIMITED VIEW, LITERALLY and metaphorically SPEAKING AND PERCEIVING THE WORLD AROUND him.

And that is the nature of Autism, overall, here, whether 'we' want to speak to the 800LB Gorilla in the room or not.

Also, as trivia fact, I sound just like a Gorilla when I work out per observance of the gym attendant that works there. She also says I sound a little like an elephant too.

But it's JUST another human power, to power greater physical strength, snuffed out by culture.

MAKING THIS WILD ANIMAL SOUND, naturally increases dopamine and thereby increases physical strength but most people just call it SAVAGE, instead of frigging COMMON SENSE.

People with Tourette's syndrome often make grunting sounds to do the same, involuntarily, to balance the dopamine imbalance in their brain, UNWITTINGLY SO.

AND according to the gym attendant, I AM THE ONLY ONE 'smart' enough to do it.

I know things PER HUMAN COMMON SENSE cause I SEEK IT, FIND IT, PRACTICE IT, AND AND IT WORKS.

And YES, THE EMPIRICAL evidence of me leg pressing 900LBS, 15 reps, after being a shut-in, not even being able to walk from the car to Whataburger, AND stay 15 minutes, just a year and a half ago, SHOWS THE TRUE FLESH AND BLOOD HITS THE ROAD PROWESS OF Human Common Sense, sought and found, at age 54.

Human beings, overall, are not nearly as SMART, OVERALL, AS THEY COULD BE, if they simply look within, THROUGH TRUE POTENTIAL MUCH FULLER HUMAN INTELLIGENCE(S) PROWESS WAYS, instead of the spoon fed way of life that culture brings.

God is everywhere in Nature, AS NATURE, AS IS.

Using GOD to one's advantage, as a higher power MORE than what culture provides alone, is sometimes the job of JOB.

And sometimes, as in the case of me, the metaphorical experience of JOB, in physical chronic FIVE-year-long life threatening illness, IS what it takes to escape the illusions of spoon fed culture that CAN AND DO restrict human potential FULLER INTELLIGENCE(S) to the state of SLUG, in metaphor.

Who told you ?

Verbal language is NOT necessary.

MOTHER NATURE TRUE IS GOD.

IT IS JUST HUMAN common SENSE(S) perceiving

IT at age 3, before I can speak, at age 4.

I guess it is just another

Autistic Superpower.

Perhaps that is metaphor.

Perhaps that is not.

WHO KNOWS..;)

IT IS ENOUGH TO KNOW FOR ME. :)

EVERY NOW OF NOW.. PERIOD. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm

aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I haven't been the recipient of evidence of a "god" who is consciously aware of being a "god."

Perhaps, there is a "superior" force which served as the catalyst which instigated all other forces.

Would you be posting on this forum if there was no catalyst which instigated all other forces ?

Dominoes:

Sadly enough, there is often a shortage of COMMON SENSE among scientists, science, and the systemizing mind, in general.

Thank GOD I am born with HUMAN common sense, and escape the SYSTEMIZATION OF THE HUMAN BRAIN that abstract language, collective standard I.Q. type intelligence, and complex culture can make into a reality of human being, TO once again REGAIN HUMAN COMMON SENSE.

And when I say common sense, I am talking to the innate instinctual and intuitive prowess of human being.

Problem is he is viewing life from a rather LIMITED VIEW, LITERALLY and metaphorically SPEAKING AND PERCEIVING THE WORLD AROUND him.

And that is the nature of Autism, overall, here, whether 'we' want to speak to the 800LB Gorilla in the room or not.

Also, as trivia fact, I sound just like a Gorilla when I work out per observance of the gym attendant that works there. She also says I sound a little like an elephant too.

But it's JUST another human power, to power greater physical strength, snuffed out by culture.

MAKING THIS WILD ANIMAL SOUND, naturally increases dopamine and thereby increases physical strength but most people just call it SAVAGE, instead of frigging COMMON SENSE.

People with Tourette's syndrome often make grunting sounds to do the same, involuntarily, to balance the dopamine imbalance in their brain, UNWITTINGLY SO.

I know things PER HUMAN COMMON SENSE cause I SEEK IT, FIND IT, PRACTICE IT, AND AND IT WORKS.

And YES, THE EMPIRICAL evidence of me leg pressing 900LBS, 15 reps, after being a shut-in, not even being able to walk from the car to Whataburger, AND stay 15 minutes, just a year and a half ago, SHOWS THE TRUE FLESH AND BLOOD HITS THE ROAD PROWESS OF Human Common Sense, sought and found, at age 54.

Human beings, overall, are not nearly as SMART, OVERALL, AS THEY COULD BE, if they simply look within, THROUGH TRUE POTENTIAL MUCH FULLER HUMAN INTELLIGENCE(S) PROWESS WAYS, instead of the spoon fed way of life that culture brings.

Using GOD to one's advantage, as a higher power MORE than what culture provides alone, is sometimes the job of JOB.

And sometimes, as in the case of me, the metaphorical experience of JOB, in physical chronic FIVE-year-long life threatening illness, IS what it takes to escape the illusions of spoon fed culture that CAN AND DO restrict human potential FULLER INTELLIGENCE(S) to the state of SLUG, in metaphor.

Who told you ?

Autistic Superpower.

Perhaps that is not.

WHO KNOWS..;)

Okay but what makes you think God is inside everything ?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 9:34 pm

sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Dominoes:

Who told you ?

Autistic Superpower.

Perhaps that is not.

WHO KNOWS..;)

I do not think GOD, I work with GOD as IS, AND SENSE GOD AS IS, WITHIN, OUTSIDE, ABOVE AND SO BELOW.

A common fallacy is that words are reality.

Words are only tools that scribe reality.

Words are only abstract constructs that NEVER EVER FULLY MEASURE REALITY.

MINDFUL AWARENESS WITHOUT WORDS

CAN BE TO TRULY 'know' GOD

IN A SENSORY AND EMOTING WAY.

God is not somewhere else, GOD lives in us and everywhere else.

And that's just common sense for those in the TRUE KNOW OF COMMON SENSE,

REPEATED through historical philosophies and religions through myths PER IDEAS that truly comprise all
words as metaphors for reality, as is, Mother Nature TRUE aka GOD.

SO in other words, relatively speaking, ALL HUMAN WORDS ARE MYTH.

Myths/metaphors attempt to house THE essence of GOD THAT IS Mother Nature TRUE through VEHICLES AND VESSELS OF words THAT
ARE METAPHORS AS words ALIKE.

But the GOD of Nature has a language that is never ever abstracts constructs of human words, alone.

AS additional METAPHOR, My cat knows GOD better than '99%' of folks attending church today, as my cat has the fortune
of not FALLING to abstract concepts of language, collective intelligence supported by that language, and complex culture supported by language and collective intelligence, recorded as such.

Additionally, My cat has the fortune of NOT having an evolved, so-called, advanced neocortical function of brain that makes the illusion of past and present seem real.

In true effect, perhaps that is a virus in effect and AFFECT OF WHAT humans do; YES, Neocortical FUNCTION HUMAN STYLE.

For all practical intents and purposes, which my cat has NONE,

My CAT IS GOD and integral part of GOD that knows NO Separation FROM GOD.

AND WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE HE LIVES, GIVEN SUBSISTENCE, IN WHAT CAN BE, A GIFT OF CULTURE.

SO YEAH, he KNows GOD WELL, AS IS, always NOW and getting fed for free, is just ICING ON THE CAKE THAT IS GOD.

And this my friend, IS COMMON SENSE. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 9:49 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Narrator wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

Careful with the quotes there…these aren't my words.

My apologies.. I should be more careful about posting when I first wake.. :oops:
Coffee first.. stretch.. mental exercises.. then down to business.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 9:57 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
everything must have a creator, that is god! you might ask know, who created god, nobody, god has always existed becuse he is god. this is the ultimate truth and will bring comfort to all.

That's the same logic that makes us anthropomorphize everything from our pet do to a storm to a pet rock.

And I used to perpetuate that same "ultimate truth" for well over 3 decades. What brings me comfort now is becoming more whole, in who I am now that I don't have ethical, logical, doctrinal and other issues with the God that I used to believe in.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm

sophisticated wrote:
What I mean is that people always believed, without using fancy technology, belief in God is just part of our natural state, it is common sense and I for one will not trade my common sense with modern science.

It was fancy technology that told us the earth isn't flat and that the stars aren't attached to a firmament.
It was fancy technology that told us that time is not constant and allows GPS satellites to function.
It was fancy technology that taught us that disease is caused by microscopic creatures and not by goods or demons.
It was fancy technology that took away all the superstitions thought to be common sense in our ignorant past.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Dominoes:

Who told you ?

Autistic Superpower.

Perhaps that is not.

WHO KNOWS..;)

I do not think GOD, I work with GOD as IS, AND SENSE GOD AS IS, WITHIN, OUTSIDE, ABOVE AND SO BELOW.

A common fallacy is that words are reality.

Words are only tools that scribe reality.

Words are only abstract constructs that NEVER EVER FULLY MEASURE REALITY.

MINDFUL AWARENESS WITHOUT WORDS

CAN BE TO TRULY 'know' GOD

IN A SENSORY AND EMOTING WAY.

God is not somewhere else, GOD lives in us and everywhere else.

And that's just common sense for those in the TRUE KNOW OF COMMON SENSE,

REPEATED through historical philosophies and religions through myths PER IDEAS that truly comprise all
words as metaphors for reality, as is, Mother Nature TRUE aka GOD.

SO in other words, relatively speaking, ALL HUMAN WORDS ARE MYTH.

Myths/metaphors attempt to house THE essence of GOD THAT IS Mother Nature TRUE through VEHICLES AND VESSELS OF words THAT
ARE METAPHORS AS words ALIKE.

But the GOD of Nature has a language that is never ever abstracts constructs of human words, alone.

AS additional METAPHOR, My cat knows GOD better than '99%' of folks attending church today, as my cat has the fortune
of not FALLING to abstract concepts of language, collective intelligence supported by that language, and complex culture supported by language and collective intelligence, recorded as such.

Additionally, My cat has the fortune of NOT having an evolved, so-called, advanced neocortical function of brain that makes the illusion of past and present seem real.

In true effect, perhaps that is a virus in effect and AFFECT OF WHAT humans do; YES, Neocortical FUNCTION HUMAN STYLE.

For all practical intents and purposes, which my cat has NONE,

My CAT IS GOD and integral part of GOD that knows NO Separation FROM GOD.

AND WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE HE LIVES, GIVEN SUBSISTENCE, IN WHAT CAN BE, A GIFT OF CULTURE.

SO YEAH, he KNows GOD WELL, AS IS, always NOW and getting fed for free, is just ICING ON THE CAKE THAT IS GOD.

And this my friend, IS COMMON SENSE. :)

It's not common sense, it is anthropomorphism.

We know God exists through common sense but cannot know his exact nature using common sense, we cannot know his whereabouts using common sense, these are things that he must communicate to us himself.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 10:30 pm

AngelRho wrote:
"Longevity of belief is not a good reason for belief." Well said. HOWEVER, just because a widely held belief is long-lived doesn't make it untrue, either. This is the problem. You need to examine WHY something is widely held and why it has survived for a long time.

Hey, I wasn't the one who started with the longevity argument. I was just answering it.

And I agree, it doesn't make it untrue either, and yes, you have to ask why, because longevity on its own is proof of nothing.

For 90% of written history, and then oral history going back before that, people believed in the Ptolemaic system. Common sense let them down on that one.. big time.