Page 41 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 105  Next

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Three out of the four would be great! Political Correctness: mostly bs.
I think all four are ingredients in a recipe to get locked in a political merry-go-round of spurious and irrelevant nonsense.

Somewhere back someone said that there is no "s" in PPR. I can only suspect that the "s" is for science.

I will contend that philosophy is not just science but that she is the mother and queen of all natural sciences.

That much of what is sold as "philosophy" these days is nothing but the day dreams of egomaniacs who think they can create reality by just imagining it to their narcissistic convenience does not alter the fact that it is the investigation of reality using a scientific instrument known as logic.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:43 am

Oldavid wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Three out of the four would be great! Political Correctness: mostly bs.
I think all four are ingredients in a recipe to get locked in a political merry-go-round of spurious and irrelevant nonsense.

Somewhere back someone said that there is no "s" in PPR. I can only suspect that the "s" is for science.

I will contend that philosophy is not just science but that she is the mother and queen of all natural sciences.

That much of what is sold as "philosophy" these days is nothing but the day dreams of egomaniacs who think they can create reality by just imagining it to their narcissistic convenience does not alter the fact that it is the investigation of reality using a scientific instrument known as logic.

Oh yeah, like so-called Jesus who clearly 'states' if you can believe AND can imagine YOU are healed by FAITH, AND you WILL BE well..

WELL, I FOR ONE LISTEN TO THE HUMBLE philosopher/teacher, per so-called JESUS, AND I for one, HAVE THE IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE THAT IT WORKS.

SORRY IF YOU ARE NOT A BELIEVER.

BUT THAT'S about WHAT ALL YOGI LIKE DUDES teach, including so-called Jesus.

To imagine reality in dreams of humans is to POTENTIALLY make 'magicK' miracles, per greater human potential happen, BY 'JUST DOIN' IT'..:)

And science just sh**'s its britches watching the RESULT OF THAT, at least per the results NOW that are ME. ;)

BUT truly I am not sure if folks who are limited in visual thinking CAN EVEN DO THIS, AND IF SO, perhaps in a way they are living in human hell for whatever reason or no reason at all, as no one says GOD has to be fair or proves that to be so, at least not, yet.

And philosophy is about the human condition that is based on emotion as science now shows.

However, HUMAN Emotion is ART and NOT science, and that is why SCIENCE WILL NEVER EVER BE ENOUGH FOR THE PHILOSOPHY OF HUMAN BEING, IRONICALLY, BY the 'tongue' of science ITSELF.

AND THE IRONY of life's great mysteries go on..

But not as much for awakened and enlightened folks WHO HAVE THE ABILTY TO SEE THE DEEPER MEANING OF BEING HUMAN IN GOD'S GREAT MOTHER NATURE TRUE, AND USE the GOD OF NATURE to their advantage in simply having at least one OUT standing life!..

Like me, for 'example'..;)..

Documented, sealed, AND ALL DELIVERED, NOW. ;)..

per K 'letter' and 11 number of AND FOR Unconditional LOVE..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 5:33 am

Anyhow, is there anyone out there who will acknowledge that there is a reality that can be, and is to be investigated?

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:14 am

trollcatman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It's tragic that one who played the Paradigm of Logic smoked. That's was why he passed away.

I don't know when he started smoking, but considering his age it might very well have been before there was awareness that smoking was unhealthy.

Interesting you posted that image. I saw a video online somewhere, his last ever interview. He talked about how they didn't know smoking was dangerous. And he even described the very image from the above picture, of the doctor smoking.

What's noteworthy though is that he stopped smoking 30 years before it claimed his life.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:35 am

I don't like wet kisses much. I believe in the primacy of Nature and Nurture.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 7:41 am

Everything is subject to inquiry and investigation.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:11 am

Narrator wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It's tragic that one who played the Paradigm of Logic smoked. That's was why he passed away.

I don't know when he started smoking, but considering his age it might very well have been before there was awareness that smoking was unhealthy.

Interesting you posted that image. I saw a video online somewhere, his last ever interview. He talked about how they didn't know smoking was dangerous. And he even described the very image from the above picture, of the doctor smoking.

What's noteworthy though is that he stopped smoking 30 years before it claimed his life.

The image is not unique btw, there were dozens of marketing campaigns like this, all with that 40s/50s style. And there are also Victorian posters where they sell cigarettes that cure asthma and bronchitus and stuff. I think before the 70s or so they really didn't know, certainly not the general public. If you google "doctor smokes" or "your doctor recommends" and go to the images tab you'll see lots of different posters with the same nonsense.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2015, 8:38 am

R.I.P Spock, he was merely mortal, and one of the greats.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:46 am

The dangers of smoking were known to most people by 1964

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 10:36 am

Oldavid wrote:
Anyhow, is there anyone out there who will acknowledge that there is a reality that can be, and is to be investigated?

Of course there isA REALITY THAT CAN BE AND IS TO BE INVESTIGATED but the scientific method, ALONE, is very limited in scope AND METHOD, WHEN it comes to the greaTEST ART experiment of all, as certainly evidenced in the expression of human abstract language, collective intelligence and the byproductS of ART and SCIENCE IN OUR EXTREMELY COMPLEX MODERN CULTURES.

TO RECOGNIZE there is MORE THAN ONE WAY OF DOING THINGS..

IS AT CORE OF HUMAN CREATIVITY

AND EVEN

SCIENCE ITSELF, IRONICALLY ENOUGH..

but since science itself cannot talk..

i will talk for it instead

and suggest Mr. Oldavid that

you consider the merits

if you can or will..

of COMMON

INNATELY INSTINCTUALLY

DRIVEN HUMAN SPICES OF

EMOTIONS AND MANY SENSES

SYNERGISTICALLY DRIVEN TOGETHER

TO UNDERSTAND THE NATURE

INSIDE YOU ABOVE YOU

BELOW YOU OUTSIDE YOU

ALL

AROUND..

and that certainly does not come
by symbolic verbal and math language

all alone..

ALLONE IS PRACTICALLY LIMITLESS.. AS
there are literally hundreds of other human
intelligences when fully explored mapped and charted
with other senses and EMOTIONS.. OF HUMAN PHYSICAL
INTELLIGENCES AS WELL..

to realize
in

the more fully awakened and or enlightened mind.. WhERE

Science can be described as the bones of that too..

And the flesh and blood

can be described as

ART

AS

WELL..:)

To use your Christian language..

The body and blood of Christ is certainly not

science

alone..:)

IT IS

ALLONE..

IN FLESH
AND
BLOOD

AND
BONES

TOO..:)

EVEN SPOCK COULD TELL YA

that. ;)

If he was alive

or
truly existed..

but perhaps

he will come one
day AGAIN

IN FULL EXPRESSION AS the signature

of human myths

often precede the reality of humans..

in SCI-FI 'scriptures'

or

NOT.

And here's a song in recognition of the life of

Spock whether he

exists

OR NOT.

Hello Spock or NOT

by Sting..;)

FORGET ABOUT THE FUTURE BABY..

AND THE
PAST

well..

ITS GONE..;)

LET'S GET ON

WITH THE PAST

AS "I" for one KNOW WHAT

PEACE OF
MIND

IS
WORTH..;)

And since i've spoken for science.. with a mouth that does not exist..

I will speak for GOD.. YNOt..

and simply state

THAT THIS CREATIVITY THINGY

IS
MIGHTY

FUN..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 6:30 am

There have been many very clever and astute observers and thinkers over several thousand years who have established a very firm base for philosophical (scientific) investigation of reality. The science of logic being the most fundamental for any appreciation of any possibility of an objective reality that can be known and understood (even if by degrees) as opposed to an entirely subjective version that is dependent on fashion and convenience.

All such investigation must have a secure and certain base from which to work and some certain premises by which to judge or evaluate possible conclusions. Absurdity is not an answer to anything. The Law of Non Contradiction will always and everywhere reign supreme. The wheel has already been invented... triangular and square wheels have already been dumped for being of no practical use.

An edifice built on a puff of hot air can only ever be a cloud in an air-head.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 6:34 am

aghogday wrote:
and simply state

THAT THIS CREATIVITY THINGY

IS
MIGHTY

FUN..;)

Creativity is a double edged sword. Sometimes it is as elusive as the pot at the end of the rainbow.
But when I see others achieve it, that does make me smile.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:15 am

Creativity, when it's a clever arrangement of real things is good stuff. But when it's a cloud in an air-head it's a navigation hazard.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2015, 8:44 am

Where did you get all these insulting words from, is this what people have told you all these years, and you feel it is necessary to place it on others? Or are you simply going to tell me it's everybody else.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2015, 8:49 am

All art is useless

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2015, 9:39 am

Just for a bit of fun.

Loveless face

The face you love to hate,

It brings me great pleasure to present to you today "my face" now call me narcissistic but I just knew you would all love it. Well here I am at the top, and it couldn't have been achieved without you all loving to hate my face. Thank you, it has inspired me so much that I plan to plant my hated face on every known accessory on the land. So much that you all die of misguided envy and jealousy, once again I thank you for your much loved support and making me truly the man I am today.

Ahmen.......