Page 122 of 125 [ 2000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:34 am

Apparently it's more of a port than a remake now, though, but with voice acting and extra goodies.

The only Dragon Quest game I've played is IX; it was my first fantasy RPG and I played it over and over again. :)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:50 am

Oh, I didn't know you had only played IX, I just knew you had mentioned liking it. I've played the DS remakes IV, V and VI as well as IX and even Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1 and 2 (and eagerly awaiting the 3rd for European 3DS). I really like the Dragon Quest series!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:54 am

What's V like? I've heard it's really good.

IX instantly became my favourite game for a long time [especially since the main character is basically an angel in all but name], and to this day I still love finding treasure in dungeons, hunting for Metal Slimes, and making my characters so overpowered that they can defeat the final boss in about five minutes [it's also a rule that all of my offensive characters have to use swords.]
I'm thinking of doing a Final Fantasy VII based playthrough: naming my characters Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, and Zack, and giving them vocations that represent their namesakes [Cloud and Zack = Warrior/Gladiator, Tifa = Martial Artist, Aeris = Priestess/Sage].

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 11:22 am

Yes, I think V is very good. Some of the things that happened, particularly one event quite early in the game, really surprised me, and I wondered at first if I had lost :lol:

Oh don't get me started on Metal slimes. They so easily slip away, and won't give me all that wonderful EXP they can offer, and they are hard to catch in the games where you can catch monsters.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 11:25 am

I still find it fun to try to get them. :lol: The Falcon Slash ability and Falcon Sword are very good for getting Metal Slimes...but you likely already know that, so why am I telling you? :lol:

I also have the guidebook for IX, and it's thicker than a phonebook! 8O

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

Reminders are always useful :) Especially when one hasn't played a game in a while, and don't have any DQ guide books. The only games I have played so far this year, are Pokemon Sun and moon, and Wazabi online (a card and dice game). I just haven't gotten around to playing a lot recently...

Haha, some of the guides are so thick (and thus heavy) that it's actually problematic to hold them while reading, making it hard to just quickly and easily look something up in them

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

My guidebook for Explorers of Sky is so big that it's bigger than two phonebooks--and the cover fell off because I read it so much! I usually spread the guidebooks out on my bed to read.

I find it slightly annoying how it's much harder to avoid trainers in X/Y and Sun/Moon, since they constantly move around.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:58 am

It would be useful to be able to avoid other trainers when the Pokemon are low on HP or PP.
Apart from that, I usually wish there were options for re-battling trainers to keep training my Pokemon since they get more EXP from battling trainers' Pokemon than wild ones

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

It would be nice if you could have the option not to battle wild Pokemon if you don't want to [such as in caves], or choose which Pokemon you actually battle.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 9:19 pm

Well, in order to avoid Pokemon altogether, there's always Repel and Super Repel.
Choosing what Pokemon to battle would sure help when I try leveling up a specific Pokemon. Like for instance if I take an electric Pokemon in a cave to battle Zubat because I don't have Surf or Rod yet, and all I meet are Geodude.... :|

I really like the EXP share they introduced in Gen 6, and very happy they brought it over to Gen 7! So much better than having to pick one Pokemon to hold it and get the shared EXP.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 11:49 am

A European based region for Gen VIII might be fun.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:23 pm

I would've liked that :D They could probably skip France though, seeing as Kalos is basically France with Luminose being Paris (which I didn't even realize until I saw a Poketuber video about it; I had never thought of any similarities between a game place and real places, that's not how my mind works, I don't look for hidden meanings in fiction, I just love the actual stories that are good).

I think they'd need to include Italy (one of my fave countries, even though I've never been there :lol: ). It would have to be a beautiful place with charming cities and some exciting remaining buildings from ancient times. This might be the starting place for the player. Greece could be represented by the nice islands they are so well known for, although Sootopolis in ORAS is pretty much how Greek islands are seen. One of those islands would need to have an ancient temple for some legendary Pokemon.
Moving up to continental Europe we'd need a new feature. A deep dark forest that would be like a cave, reminiscent of the Ilex and Viridian Forests, just bigger and with stronger Pokemon. It would be representative of the deep forests in Germany, Romania etc. Speaking of Romania, I think we'd need a cave with vampire bats to represent Transylvania! It would be really cool if they even included a creepy old castle there!
The British Isles would be plains areas, and obviously Scandinavia / the Nordic countries would be the snowy areas. Seeing as both Scotland and Norway have two lakes known for its alleged sea serpent, it would be really coll if they added a lake with a renown may or may not exist Pokemon! :D (I'm a sea serpent fan)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm

The island for Ireland could be full of Fairy types. :D

I've always thought that Sinnoh is rather Canada-ish.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:51 am

Yes, Ireland has got to have a lot of Fairy type Pokemon! I also think the region representing England would likely be rainy! :lol: The Netherlands area could have lots of Grass Pokemon, maybe even a new tulip Pokemon.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 11:32 am

A Tulip Pokemon! That sounds very cute!

So, then, if you could design the starters for the next region, what would they be?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm

Yeah, it would have to be a beautiful Pokemon. In fact, maybe I should make that one of my starters… So let’s see….

Grass: It will start as a bulb. Realistically I guess that should make it brownish in color, and with a hint of a green sprout on top, probably standing up like a couple of hairs. Its second evolution will see it grow a green stem and a green bud at the top. It should look like it has its eyes closed. (Maybe the bulb is gone at this point). Its final evolution has it grow long and elegant petals from its stem and its bud opens to reveal the beautiful tulip which I see as red, but orange and yellow will do too.
It will be a special attack user. I think Grass/ Fairy would fit its final evolution.

Water: This will see the return of the turtle starter. It will start as a turtle emerging from its shell, not unlike Togepi. Its second evolution sees it very cute and round with clear tortoise like appearance, before its final evolution makes it into a beautiful and majestic sea turtle. This might be Water Ground, and likely a physical attacker. If Tirtouga wasn’t already Water/ Rock, I would have liked that, but since sea turtles dig nests in sandy beaches, ground will make do too.
Sea turtles would make sense in Europe, they live in the Mediterranean Sea, and also visits other western European countries. The British Isles even see the rare visit from leatherbacks.

I’ll have to think more about the Fire type.

Do you have any ideas for new starters?