Page 122 of 125 [ 2000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 11:32 am

A Tulip Pokemon! That sounds very cute!

So, then, if you could design the starters for the next region, what would they be?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm

Yeah, it would have to be a beautiful Pokemon. In fact, maybe I should make that one of my starters… So let’s see….

Grass: It will start as a bulb. Realistically I guess that should make it brownish in color, and with a hint of a green sprout on top, probably standing up like a couple of hairs. Its second evolution will see it grow a green stem and a green bud at the top. It should look like it has its eyes closed. (Maybe the bulb is gone at this point). Its final evolution has it grow long and elegant petals from its stem and its bud opens to reveal the beautiful tulip which I see as red, but orange and yellow will do too.
It will be a special attack user. I think Grass/ Fairy would fit its final evolution.

Water: This will see the return of the turtle starter. It will start as a turtle emerging from its shell, not unlike Togepi. Its second evolution sees it very cute and round with clear tortoise like appearance, before its final evolution makes it into a beautiful and majestic sea turtle. This might be Water Ground, and likely a physical attacker. If Tirtouga wasn’t already Water/ Rock, I would have liked that, but since sea turtles dig nests in sandy beaches, ground will make do too.
Sea turtles would make sense in Europe, they live in the Mediterranean Sea, and also visits other western European countries. The British Isles even see the rare visit from leatherbacks.

I’ll have to think more about the Fire type.

Do you have any ideas for new starters?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 12:17 pm

The fire starter would be a Nekomata [ghost cat], starting out as a cute, transparent little kitten, and eventually becoming a more humanoid, three tailed, fanged creature with little flames floating around it.

The grass and water starters...I'm not sure yet.

Oh, I just had a thought. What if, instead of going around collecting badges or Z-crystals, what if the player faced off against all of the legendaries one by one as they travel around?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 9:04 am

^ But the legendaries are so strong though. How would a weak team beat a legendary? The first trials/gyms usually come when one is about level 10 or so. If a team of level 10 Pokemon can beat a legendary.... Unless all legendaries will now have pre evolutions....
And how would one make sure that one's Pokemon obeyed as they level up? I don't want them to go all "X is loafing around" and "X used (insert move) instead"....

Seeing as I picked a sea turtle starter (representing southern Europe) and a tulip representing continental Europe, I think the fire starter should represent northern Europe. Since Iceland has so many volcanoes, and the number of glaciers here in the north, it would be cool if it was a volcano at least at some point in its evolution, and that it ended up as Fire/ Ice. I don't have any concrete ideas beyond that.

I also think making the water starter a sea serpent would be nice.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm

Maybe start with the weaker ones and then go up?

Ooh, Fire/Ice! 8)

The first phase could be a baby sea serpent!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:32 am

^ yeah, I don't think Fire/ice has been done yet. There are so many things they can still try.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:32 am

As some of you might know, my country has had a law since 1976 that I hate with a vengeance. It's the law that has made it forbidden to keep turtles and other reptiles as pets. There has been talk about removing or softening the law for ages, but nothing has ever happened. It was meant to protect animals but failed completely as people keeps them regardless and it just leads to smuggling and no vet care for sick animals since people know the animals could be put down. Needless to say, I really hate that law.

Last week there were some really good news: On Aug 15th the law will be softened. It's still very restrictive compared to other countries, but 19 species will be allowed; 9 snakes, 7 lizards and 3 turtles.

The 3 turtles are:

Greek tortoise

Redfooted wood tortoise

Chinese three-keeled pond turtle

Obviously, I want one!

I haven't made an absolute decision, but on e of the three species are more likely than the other two, mostly due to being easier to feed. I can hardly think of anything else now. I just think of the turtle I'll one day have and how good it will be to have a turtle again and what I'm gonna name it. I'm very excited!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:08 am

^That's great news! *claps* :D

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:37 am

Indeed! :D I couldn't be happier about it! :cheers:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:40 pm

Are you going to play Explorers of Sky to celebrate? :)

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:23 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
As some of you might know, my country has had a law since 1976 that I hate with a vengeance. It's the law that has made it forbidden to keep turtles and other reptiles as pets. There has been talk about removing or softening the law for ages, but nothing has ever happened. It was meant to protect animals but failed completely as people keeps them regardless and it just leads to smuggling and no vet care for sick animals since people know the animals could be put down. Needless to say, I really hate that law.

Last week there were some really good news: On Aug 15th the law will be softened. It's still very restrictive compared to other countries, but 19 species will be allowed; 9 snakes, 7 lizards and 3 turtles.

The 3 turtles are:

Greek tortoise

Redfooted wood tortoise

Chinese three-keeled pond turtle

Obviously, I want one!

I haven't made an absolute decision, but on e of the three species are more likely than the other two, mostly due to being easier to feed. I can hardly think of anything else now. I just think of the turtle I'll one day have and how good it will be to have a turtle again and what I'm gonna name it. I'm very excited!

Happy for you, Skilpadde. :mrgreen:
I wonder why those three turtle species are being allowed as pets. Is there anything particularly special about them?

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 12:37 pm

Thanks, Murhiku! :)

When they picked the specific snakes, lizards and turtles, they looked specifically for species that are fairly easy to take care of, and they also had in mind that they should be thought less likely to transfer disease like salmonella, and Chinese pond turtle was picked over the easy to care for red eared sliders because the former apparently have a less messy feces.

@ Kura: no, I'm too busy staring into space with a silly grin thinking of my turtle to be! :lol:
in all seriousness, no, I haven't finished Sun and Moon nor Dragon Quest 7 yet, so they are first in line. I haven't been feeling like playing for awhile now, I've been more into reading now. These things come in waves for me.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:52 pm

So If I was going to buy another Dragon Quest game to compliment IX, which one would you suggest?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 7:27 am

Whoops, completely forgot about this, sorry. Honestly, they're all good. I am currently hooked on 8, and I love DQ 4-9. They are great games, can't go wrong with any of them. IV - VI are for the DS and have an 'older' look to them than VII and VIII if that matters to you.

looking forward to XI!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:22 am

Wow, just watching the second opening trailer makes me excited. I wonder if you can choose which party members to use, or if all of them end up on the battlefield. The long-haired green outfited girl reminds me a little of Tifa from Final Fantasy VII.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:46 pm

It's nice to see that Yggdrasil will be important in a game again, I liked its role in IX. Every time I play a new game I'm reminded of how cute the slimes are. I want one of the slime plushies Yuji Horii is surrounded by in the first video lol.