What do you find confusing about the "NT World"?

Page 10 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Scaevitas
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2015, 10:59 pm

That I never knew before I came to WP that there was terminology associated with those that distinguish between "normal", from "abstract".

I think Neurotypical & Neurodiverse are such silly terms, and I refuse to use them. I may seem odd compared to many of those who live differently than I do, but besides the underlying difficulties I have than those who face life with relative ease, I prefer to find solace into believing that I have a lot of appreciable attributes that many others don't seem to have.

In a sense, I consider myself unique. Though I try to stay away from that label as well, since there is a lot of confusion behind the use of that word.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2015, 8:24 am

dryope wrote:
Like the endless obsession most NTs seem to have with vapid quotes. "Laugh, learn, love" etc. Whatever, guys. I see it pasted in their journals (why not write something original?), in their scrapbooks, and even on the walls of their houses. I have posters about a time travel agency on my walls.

The NTs in my life do seem to draw inspiration from those vapid quotes. I'm with you, though. It takes a lot more to inspire me and spark my imagination than gas station beer koozie "wit."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 8:40 am

Last week our next door neighbours had gone away on holiday, and had asked my dad to feed their rabbits. One of the days my dad wasn't going to be available to feed the rabbits, so he asked one of us if we could do it. I couldn't because I had work early. My mum was off, but she was fussing because she didn't want to go out the door without her hair done and without her make-up on. I thought she had forgotten that she would only have to go next door, but she hadn't forgotten. She just yelled in a panic ''I am not going outside the door without my hair done or my make-up on! I will look awful! It's shameful and embarrassing!'' I was like ''um...shameful and embarrassing to who? Nobody will see you just nipping round next door, and their garden is rather private. What the hell's the big problem?'' But my mum wouldn't have it. So my dad had to rearrange his plans so he could feed the rabbits.
That's what I find confusing about most NT women - when they know nobody's going to see them why are they still so afraid to be outside their property for less than 5 minutes without a bit of gloss on their face? If they're that worried about their hair then just give it a quick brush if it's that bad, and if anyone MIGHT see them, they won't even care that she is not wearing any make-up. It's different if you are going out where you know you will meet people (strangers or not), if you are into conforming, but just nipping quickly into the house next door...really? Even if you are seen, they won't notice what you've got on your face. People don't really care.

Ohh, stupid make-up!! Who's idea was it for females to feel like it's essential to wear make-up? Why can't everybody just go about their normal day looking their natural selves? :roll: