Pentagon suspects Vladimir Putin has Asperger's

Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:45 am

Look, Putin doesn't have a disorder of any kind. He doesn't value human life, and he doesn't respect the boundaries of other states. Those are choices, not a mental illness. The people with mental illness are the ones that see all of his rivals end up disfigured or dead, watch him shrug his shoulders and say "It wasn't me, I'm a victim", and then believe him-- that's full on delusional right there.

Celina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2017, 1:54 am

Yes, he seems a little brutal for an aspie, but only because he feels the need to. Any aspie can attest that control over situations and structure are VERY important. But politics aren't structured, there is plenty of scandal, unrest, and changes, so he makes an authoritarian government, and tries to take control of neighboring countries, to try to stabilize things. It makes it easier for him. He shouldn't even have gone into politics, but since he did, now we've got a leader that compensates for the lack of structure by extreme control of Eastern Europe. Haven't you ever thought that maybe he doesn't have a choice? IT'S NOT HIS FAULT! If you need an example, look at Hitler. He is an aspie with the exact same characteristics.

I don't know if Stalin or Ivan the Terrible had Aspergers, but the similarity is probably just a coincidence.

*happy ferret noises*

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:22 am

Celina wrote:
Yes, he seems a little brutal for an aspie, but only because he feels the need to. Any aspie can attest that control over situations and structure are VERY important. But politics aren't structured, there is plenty of scandal, unrest, and changes, so he makes an authoritarian government, and tries to take control of neighboring countries, to try to stabilize things. It makes it easier for him. He shouldn't even have gone into politics, but since he did, now we've got a leader that compensates for the lack of structure by extreme control of Eastern Europe. Haven't you ever thought that maybe he doesn't have a choice? IT'S NOT HIS FAULT! If you need an example, look at Hitler. He is an aspie with the exact same characteristics.

I don't know if Stalin or Ivan the Terrible had Aspergers, but the similarity is probably just a coincidence.

I'm certain neither Hitler nor Putin fit the bill for being Aspies. Both of them could read people like a book, which is something we Aspies find to be beyond us. As a spy master, Putin couldn't have risen in the ranks of the KGB without being able to have that almost supernatural insight. As for Hitler; he fits the description of Narcissistic Personality Disorder much more than he does with Asperger's.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:27 am

Based on the slightest bits of anecdotal evidence, just about everyone has Aspergers. So why is this even an issue? Who doesn't have Aspergers?

The armchair diagnostic criteria has been made so flimsy, it can be applied to just about anyone or anything, including animals and cartoon characters.

The other day a mosquito on my arm failed to make eye contact. It also didn't seem to be socializing with the other mosquitos. So I diagnosed it with having Aspergers Syndrome.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Based on the slightest bits of anecdotal evidence, just about everyone has Aspergers. So why is this even an issue? Who doesn't have Aspergers?

The armchair diagnostic criteria has been made so flimsy, it can be applied to just about anyone or anything, including animals and cartoon characters.

The other day a mosquito on my arm failed to make eye contact. It also didn't seem to be socializing with the other mosquitos. So I diagnosed it with having Aspergers Syndrome.

The clinician with 30 years who diagnosed me with Aspergers was wrong. As it turns out she was using outdated criteria for Aspergers. I am not a genius, I have not invented something that changed history, I am not a high profile rock star, I am not a mass shooter or an authoritarian dictator and most of all Rosie O'Donnell has not diagnosed me nor are there any wrong planet threads about me!!

I apologize to anyone I have offended. I know now I know people like me hurt the reputation of real Aspies who are the next stage in evolution. I have to admit faking myself into thinking I was an aspie was fun while it lasted.

The real aspie John Lennon pegged a song about people like over a half century ago

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 22 May 2017, 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 4:38 am

Perhaps you missed where I said armchair and anecdotal. Neither of which apply to actual clinical diagnosis.

Also outdated criteria would be less likely to produce a diagnosis than current criteria.

But whatever. If someone feels like a certain shoe fits them, they can go ahead and wear it if they want to.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:07 am

EzraS wrote:

You do know that animals have been diagnosed with autism

Celina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2017, 6:04 am

Actually, I am an aspie and can read people's emotions very well. I also have nonverbal learning disorder, which should hinder my ability even more, but don't affect me. Just because someone doesn't have a typical trait of Aspergers doesn't mean they don't have it.

*happy ferret noises*

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You do know that animals have been diagnosed with autism

That wouldn't surprise me. However there's only conjecture regarding the matter. No animal has ever received a formal diagnosis of autism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:10 am

Celina wrote:
Actually, I am an aspie and can read people's emotions very well. I also have nonverbal learning disorder, which should hinder my ability even more, but don't affect me. Just because someone doesn't have a typical trait of Aspergers doesn't mean they don't have it.

If that was the case then no one would have it.

I also can pick up on emotion. I'm not good with the facial expressions and body language stuff, but I pick up on it nonetheless. Far as I know intuition is something autistic people are considered to possess.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:22 am

There is no reason to believe that a methodical, utilitarian person, is blind to emotions or prone to excess, or that someone with Asperger's is comparable to a national enemy. "Vladimir Putin suffers..." I am not suffering, nor a loser, like in the Beatles song.

fwiw, someone with a keen memory, against airs and logical fallacies, is like a lie detector. Your awkwardness is a gift; it's telling you something important.

Also, do you really want to be a cause célèbre, in which tabloids "out" movie stars and dignitaries, for having a mental profile, like yours, as though it's an impediment?

Without any co-morbidities, it's like a well-organized filing cabinet.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

The clinician with 30 years who diagnosed me with Aspergers was wrong. As it turns out she was using outdated criteria for Aspergers. I am not a genius, I have not invented something that changed history, I am not a high profile rock star, I am not a mass shooter or an authoritarian dictator and most of all Rosie O'Donnell has not diagnosed me nor are there any wrong planet threads about me!!

I apologize to anyone I have offended. I know now I know people like me hurt the reputation of real Aspies who are the next stage in evolution. I have to admit faking myself into thinking I was an aspie was fun while it lasted.

The real aspie John Lennon pegged a song about people like me over a half century ago

This post was sarcastic humor. I was poking fun at a number of topics autistics argue with each other about. I was poking fun at armchair diagnosis of historical figures and celebrities such as John Lennon and Hitler. That is why I referenced Rosie O'Donnell. She and others diagnosed Barron Trump based on a few videos. I have noticed that since Aspergers was dumped as an official diagnosis in the DSM and is now a colloquial term used more and more to describe just genius and savants thus the "outdated criteria" referenced the actual DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for Aspergers which my clinicion used to diagnose me. The "next stage of evolution" reference is in regard to the theory held by Aspie Supremacists that Aspergers is the next stage of evolution. The "real aspie" references people who say those that do not show outward or signs of autism difficulties are not really autistic or "faking it". "Faking it" is referenced in my post by in my post and in the Beatles song I linked with the lyrics "I am not who I appear to be". There are those who argue that those that who do not show outward signs of Autism or have crippling difficulties are "not really autistic" and hurt real "real autistics" by giving false impressions of autism as a "gift". I turned that argument around by saying those that are not geniuses etc such as me that claim to have Aspergers hurt the "real aspies" who think they are "superior" to NT's and other autistics whom they do not want to be associated with by giving a false impression that as aspies are not a superior. "I apologize to anyone I have offended" is a common faux apology giving by public figures.

friedmacguffins wrote:
Without any co-morbidities, it's like a well-organized filing cabinet.

I have problems with the way co-morbidities are bieng used in regard to autism. I suspect they are bieng called co-morbid conditions when the connection between them and autism is not understood and to minimize Autism caused difficulties. If a condition is a nasty co-morbid it is not caused by Autism. The proceeding does not mean I do not think that a lot if not most difficulties Autistics have are caused by us being a small minority and different. In the DSM 5 sensory issues moved from being a co-morbid to diagnostic criteria. I hope this happens with Executive dysfunctions and other "co-morbids".

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 22 May 2017, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The real aspie John Lennon pegged a song about people like me over a half century ago

This post was sarcastic humor. I was poking fun at a number of topics autistics argue with each other about. I was poking fun at armchair diagnosis of historical figures and celebrities such as John Lennon and Hitler. That is why I referenced Rosie O'Donnell. She and others diagnosed Barron Trump based on a few videos. I have noticed that since Aspergers was dumped as an official diagnosis in the DSM and is now a colloquial term used more and more to describe just genius and savants thus the "outdated criteria" referenced the actual DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for Aspergers which my clinicion used to diagnose me. The "next stage of evolution" reference is in regard to the theory held by Aspie Supremacists that Aspergers is the next stage of evolution. The "real aspie" references people who say those that do not show outward or signs of autism difficulties are not really autistic or "faking it". "Faking it" is referenced in my post by in my post and in the Beatles song I linked with the lyrics "I am not who I appear to be". There are those who argue those that do not show outward signs or have crippling difficulties are thus are "not really autistic" and hurt real "real autistics" who do have real difficulties by giving false impressions of autism. I turned that argument around by saying those that are not geniuses etc such as me that claim to have Aspergers hurt the "real aspies" who think they are "superior" to NT's and other autistics whom they do not want to be associated with by giving a false impression. "I apologize to anyone I have offended" is a common faux apology giving by public figures.

Well now that i'm actually awake, instead of one of my waking spells posting from my bed, I probably would have gotten that better. And I have had a couple of people tell me that I'm supposedly telling them they don't have autism before, so that was a knee jerk reaction as well.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:29 am

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

This post was sarcastic humor. I was poking fun at a number of topics autistics argue with each other about. I was poking fun at armchair diagnosis of historical figures and celebrities such as John Lennon and Hitler. That is why I referenced Rosie O'Donnell. She and others diagnosed Barron Trump based on a few videos. I have noticed that since Aspergers was dumped as an official diagnosis in the DSM and is now a colloquial term used more and more to describe just genius and savants thus the "outdated criteria" referenced the actual DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for Aspergers which my clinicion used to diagnose me. The "next stage of evolution" reference is in regard to the theory held by Aspie Supremacists that Aspergers is the next stage of evolution. The "real aspie" references people who say those that do not show outward or signs of autism difficulties are not really autistic or "faking it". "Faking it" is referenced in my post by in my post and in the Beatles song I linked with the lyrics "I am not who I appear to be". There are those who argue those that do not show outward signs or have crippling difficulties are thus are "not really autistic" and hurt real "real autistics" who do have real difficulties by giving false impressions of autism. I turned that argument around by saying those that are not geniuses etc such as me that claim to have Aspergers hurt the "real aspies" who think they are "superior" to NT's and other autistics whom they do not want to be associated with by giving a false impression. "I apologize to anyone I have offended" is a common faux apology giving by public figures.

Well now that i'm actually awake, instead of one of my waking spells posting from my bed, I probably would have gotten that better. And I have had a couple of people tell me that I'm supposedly telling them they don't have autism before, so that was a knee jerk reaction as well.

Now that I am awake I realize how uncanny that song is to many WP posts. Masking is referenced in the song as well as "I'm a loser" and "What have I done to deserve such a fate?" is something we all have felt at one time or another.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 9:22 pm

EzraS wrote:

Exactly. The so-called spectrum of autism has become so wide and inclusive, that just about everyone on the planet must have it by now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 9:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I turned that argument around by saying those that are not geniuses etc such as me that claim to have Aspergers hurt the "real aspies" who think they are "superior" to NT's and other autistics whom they do not want to be associated with by giving a false impression that as aspies are not a superior.

Which i suspect is behind more than one reason for getting cranky at folks like me who dare entertain the idea we might be on the spectrum but haven't parted with $5000 to have a piece of paper to join such an esteemed group of diagnosis snobs