Does anyone else here just not get along with neurotypicals?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 12:46 am

group-think :(

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 2:38 am

I totally get you. I usually not get along with neurotypicals either. I hate the way they crave someone's company and act as if they like him/her so much, and then either turn around and stab this person in the back or completely disrespect and mistreat that person.

However, not all nts are like that, and some of them are real nice. I do get along with my nt nieces and sister and sister in law.

Nts usually ignore me and dislike me very much. I also enjoy the company of people with retardation and bi polar and schizophrenics.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 1:48 pm

I think if you read through the wiki entry for "Oxytocin", then you may get a better idea of
the what/how/why of many significant defining NT characteristics and why we may have a hard time identifying with or getting along with them.
Much of the conflict and separation is "built in" the patterns of logic that originate and drive much of their behavior.

compiledkernel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm

I get along with NTs ok when they know how Im wired, and what I am and am not capable of.

Its when you can't let someone know thats a problem. One time at my job, a co-worker came in, nearly bathed in Chanel No. 5. I had to leave for the day in tears because of the meltdown, and she didn't understand why. And when it was explained to her the affect she was having she indicated to our HR person "Well, that shoulda been something that went away when he got older from being a kid. Thats a kid diseases."

Ignorant NTs, I don't get along with at all.

PMs are fine, but my answers are probably going to be weird.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 8:21 am

They always eventually end up being a-holes. Like prying into personal stuff (especially at work) and then being a-holes about what they hear, yet also being a-holes if you don't tell personal stuff in the first place due to #1 happening a bunch of times. And latching onto weird things like clothing and extrapolating all sorts of meanings that aren't there (I was pretty old before I realized that clothing is like a badge). People seem extremely narrow in what they approve of, and are very proud of their normality. Empathy? What a joke.