Does anyone still do Childish behaviors/Watch Cartoons?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Phospective
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2015, 6:22 am

I'm 41, and a mum married to a hubby who is a main manager in an important finance job, but we still buy lego and watch kids programs and make dumb jokes and do a sumo dance and buy heaps of different Christmas decorations including the lego winter scenes and do heaps of fun things that other people would consider childish. Currenly were watching the original Battlestar galactica and making stupid comments and loving it! WE ARE US AND DONT CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK! . Of course I would not be doing the sumo dance in the street or in front of other people other than our daughter. (She thinks we are crazy)

I think the main thing is if you are not harming yourself or anyone or going crazy with money as to cause problems, and keep these activities confined to inside your home or with a group of like minded people, noone cares, and these things make you happy.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 12:53 pm

I don't care for modern cartoons (except for Frozen) but I love the old classics. I watched the animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas this past year and was on cloud 9 last night because I found 2 copies of the ORIGINAL Land Before Time in the $5 bin at Walmart. (One for me and one for my nieces and nephews.) I just plain enjoy these cartoons.

That and now that I have Land Before Time I can share it with my own kids when I have them.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

GoldTails95 wrote:
Anyone with High Functioning Autism or Aspergers that still does childish babyish stuff like me? If so, Why?

I'm at a very uncertain point in my life in terms of my job and my future, so it's very comforting for me to look back to the parts of my childhood that I liked. That's why I look at fan-made fiction and art about cartoons I still like.

emax10000
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2015, 4:52 pm

When it comes to the kind of classic cartoons many of us grew up with, the kind that made it worthwhile to get out of bed before noon on a Saturday for, I think that they will never, ever truly get old. For me, I know it is probably gonna be that way even when I'm old enough for senior citizen's discounts. And I think this is often true for autistics and neurotypicals.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 5:04 pm

Sure. I still watch some of the same cartoons I did as a child, and I have several stuffed animals on my bed. I take my favorite one with me almost everywhere I go, including work.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Personfella
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2015, 2:59 am

I'm embarrassed because I used to like to read the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book, and I think its intended audience is people younger than me.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:18 am

Personfella wrote:
I'm embarrassed because I used to like to read the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book, and I think its intended audience is people younger than me.

The funny thing about comic books (and by extension, cartoons) is that it's intended for a wide variety of audiences, but adults feel childish by reading them, generally, so they don't. That can also be said of cartoons, or most other things of that nature. Adults feel that they've "outgrown" stuff like that (and then most of them turn around and act like they're 5 half the time, but that's another thing entirely), and so they simply don't do anything like it.

I like comics, personally, as well as video games, cartoons (though it depends on the cartoon), anime, and a bunch of other stuff too. I don't feel that it minimizes my adulthood at all, if anything, it makes me kind of cool lol. I mean, think about it, what's every kid want? Their parents to watch a tv show with them, and who better suited than those of us who would do so, not out of kindness to our kids, but rather out of genuine interest?

DiogoGomes1995
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2017, 11:35 am

Well, I still watch cartoons and animated films to this day because i love watching cartoons and especially animes as well.

For cartoons, i would love to watch cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Disney shorts/films and some of my favourite Cartoon Network shows as long as there are on Television. I also didn't mind watching new shows like Gravity Falls and Star VS the forces of evil, because i did saw some of their episodes with my nieces at my sister's house.

For animes, i love watching them as well. In fact, I love watching a huge variety of animes, even kids animes like Doraemon, Kiteretsu and Ninja Hattori-Kun and girls animes like Ojamajo Doremi, Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 5:45 pm

I love stuffed animals and dolls and I still have imaginary friends. At night, I sleep snuggling a stuffed owl. I watch a lot of anime and some cartoons, though I have more recently been into science fiction. My two main special interests are Doctor Who and Torchwood, some might consider DW a kid's show (though I don't really think it is).

Mentally, I feel a bit younger than I really am.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 5:51 pm

Yes. I actually thought this was one of the major traits we all seem to have. Almost all of my AS friends have some sort of interest in "younger" or "novel" areas. I like a lot of (not on my house though) bright colors, christmasy themes, old small town stuff, window furniture. All stuff you would see when walking down a street in Colorado with family on a vacation. Also, I like shows that are friendly and aren't crap. I love walking dead and that sort of stuff just as much as the next guy (I actually like it a LOT), but when it comes to the "younger" shows I have a different feeling towards them.