Is any one else afraid to have there pitcher taken?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Ronnie47
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Feb 2015, 11:49 pm

So is any one else liginamently afraid to super nervice when others try to take or include you in pitchers? Or am I just a misbit among misbits here? Lol

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 12:43 am

i'm not exactly 'afraid', but i'd get pretty mad if i paid good money for it, or it had sentimental value. i do not know if i would fit in a pitcher.

really now, i do hate having my photo taken by anyone but myself. hate it. don't trust photographers, i once 'ruined' the composition of a photograph taken of a class of mine, when it was taken from the air (the photographer seriously threw the camera). the class was ranged in a neat circle and, since i hate photos, i stepped outside and i thought i was excluded from the pic but no...when it was shown, i was still there, separated from the rest, lol.

i've threatened to destroy all the pictures of me hung all over the house, my parent's house. i've actually ripped up a few taken without my consent, and i do know that since it's their photograph, they should do what they want, but i argue that i'm the subject so they should get rid of it, and they don't buy it. :P but often, the reasons fr wanting to reduce my image in the house stems from other issues than camera shyness.

why do you believe you are camera shy, ronnie?

i have a friend, and we get among rather well but, she is selfie obsessed and every few moments she tries to surprise me by taking a picture of me, or include me in a selfie of herself and i instantly turn away or cover the camera lens..i've told her before and she might get the message, but maybe she just thinks she's joking.

no. i hate it. if there's to be a pic of me, i am on both sides of the camera.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 12:56 am

Yes, I despise pictures taken in public. I'm only comfortable taking pictures of myself when I'm alone or of pictures I didn't even know were being taken, which usually turn out good. My sister did that a few years back, spied on me from the roof with a camera while I was in the back yard.

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2015, 2:25 am

No. My beer pitcher has my name on it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

Ronnie47
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Feb 2015, 9:12 pm

I'm not entirely sheer why I have such issues with being in any pitcher.... Could be that I feel like I'm being put on display witch I hate being the center or attention or like the camera lens is staring me down in the eye with is another huge no no.
My cuzains try to take a quick sneek pitcher of me, the score to this day is strongly in my favor. Lol.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 7:38 am

So long as it's thoroughly washed before they return it, why would I care if someone takes my pitcher? I don't own any large enough to fit in...unless you ran me through a food processor first. :lol:

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 2:44 am

I'm not afraid to have my picture taken; however I dislike "formal" picture-taking, as I consider it unnecessarily time-consuming and boring. Particularly if several people want pictures of a group all organized and standing, in succession.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 10:44 am

Yah I hate it when people steal my pitchers.

Those dang pitcher thieves! I need it to put stuff in!

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm

I have a really nice stainless steel one and just the other day I thought someone had stolen it from my front steps. It had fallen into a large bush of four-o-clocks. Whew. I keep it in the back garden now because, yes, I am afraid it might be taken.

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm

Nambo wrote:

I grow those pitchers. I also grow these. Not really afraid of having them taken, though. They are rather common here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarracenia

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 1:49 am

Ronnie47 wrote:
I'm not entirely sheer why I have such issues with being in any pitcher.... Could be that I feel like I'm being put on display witch I hate being the center or attention or like the camera lens is staring me down in the eye with is another huge no no.
My cuzains try to take a quick sneek pitcher of me, the score to this day is strongly in my favor. Lol.

Hey Ronnie47, do you know more than one language? Do you have trouble with reading and writing?