Why America or UK not drop A-bomb or better H-Bomb on isis

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 5:36 pm

Dantac wrote:
WMD's need to be used appropriately and tailor made against your enemy. A super-bomb won't do nothing to that vermin other than give them an incentive to get their own and use them.

Instead, deploy something far more powerful and far more damaging to ISIS than a nuke:

This^

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

There is nothing to bomb on a nuclear scale. ISIS is like a motorcycle gang thats gained control of a few thousand square miles of Syria and Iraq.

And do you also think Motorcycle Clubs are like Ebola? Perhaps you would compare us to Russian Aggression, North Korea, Pot Pol?

The largest motorcycle club, ADAC, is much larger than ISIS, over 15,000,000 members, and is dedicated to local rallies, and International Motorcycle Racing. American Clubs do the same. Even our 1% do Toys for Tots runs with The US Marines.

We do invade small towns for a weekend, spend a lot of money, drink a lot of beer, and are a major draw for the local economy. We are gone by Sunday night, and welcome back the next year.

Riding a motorcycle is Legal, we are allowed on public roads.

Please stop killing us.

Thank you for your time.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

ISIS can't be defeated by conventional means, they were born out of war and only become stronger the more we use the same tactics.

bungleton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm

Dantac wrote:
WMD's need to be used appropriately and tailor made against your enemy. A super-bomb won't do nothing to that vermin other than give them an incentive to get their own and use them.

Instead, deploy something far more powerful and far more damaging to ISIS than a nuke:

Wow, that's fantastic.

I ain't gonna jump on board here because I don't think any differentiation at all between the 'terrorists' and those 'bringing justice;' I just think that was a beautiful cartoon.

Everyone's watching!
So here... Are my hopes and aspirations
Nothing but puke
God, I'm so loooooonelaaaaaaayyyy
*power stance, air guitar*

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

also tbf to OP, Alan Grayson recently said that the only way we could defeat ISIS is by turning Iraq and Syria into "molten glass" but he was making a similar point that I was making that it can't be done and we shouldn't involved ourselves in these wars overseas.

http://rt.com/usa/231907-usa-isis-terrorism-grayson/

elliot87
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2015, 9:39 pm

a nuclear bomb will create MORE terrorists among the reasons previously listed

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 8:04 am

Narrator wrote:
Regardless of whether it's feasible or not, such a use would set a precedent. I don't think any state wants to chance making nukes an acceptable response. The one time it has happened in history was unique. Any use now would be to risk starting a trend.

This said it best.

I personally believe Islam is poison. The only people who do not believe in spreading Islam by violence and death ultimately have to ignore what Islam teaches to do so. I'm grateful they don't subscribe to that belief, but they ultimately are heretics in doing so. Might as well just reject Islam.

Nuking an enemy to glass is a viable option if nothing short of total destruction will stop them, and this might prove to be the case here, but once you start throwing around big bombs, it's very, very tricky knowing where it will stop.

The USA employed "preemptive invasion" to attack Iraq and Afghanistan. This was an idea the UN rejected for a long time (including the USA). The idea was simple, if someone presents an immanent threat to you, you are justified to attack them first to protect yourself. The problem is proving the immanent threat exists.

Israel could justify it easily as they are surrounded by enemies and one atomic bomb would make them disappear. The USA, in contrast, could make no such argument. Still, we did it, and by doing so, opened the door for most anyone else to do it (e.g., Putin's actions of late). Once one of the larger and more "legitimate" global powers starts doing something, it becomes easy for everyone else to justify doing it. When a small dictatorship does it, it can be condemned and stopped early on.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:23 am

As much as I would like to nuke 'em until they glow and use their asses for runway lights it's just not practical. It would unite the Arab world against us then we'd have to nuke some more of them and so on. I think Dantac's suggestion of "a girl with a book" is a better and more long-term effective weapon against what we're dealing with.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 2:38 pm

What we are dealing with is the result of our own actions.

We destroyed the functioning governments of Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya.

In other places we destroyed the government by supporting it. Yemen, Somalia.

The governments we imposed on other countries did not have local support.

Billions in arms, ten years in training, the Iraqi Army dropped their weapons and ran from several hundred in pickup trucks. The government and army of Iraq are barely defending the city limits of Bagdad.

At the time ISIS numbered less than 10,000. Under Saddam, Iraq fought a ten year war against Iran, millions died.

Not liking governments that dared disagree with the west, overthrowing them, replacing them, we get factions that do not agree with the west, or the local government.

ISIS may be horrible, but for the millions who live there, they are less of a problem than the government was.

The Taliban is in the same situation, the only force resisting the American imposed government.

Ho Chi Mien fought the French Colonials, and army, then the Japanese Occupation Army and Government, then the French again, then the Americans.

Botaflica fought the French in Algeria, for decades.

A local resistance force has the support of the population against imposed governments and occupation.

We left Viet Nam in 1975, Ho Chi Mien won, now anyone looking for factory space and cheap labor is welcome.

For all of our fears he fought China in a border war, and Cambodia, the communist government of Pot Pol.

Now it is a great place for tourism.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:15 pm

Nukes cause too much collateral damage. I say we should assemble a unit of highly-trained snipers and assassins to take out the top ISIS leaders swiftly and silently. Canada's JTF2 unit should do the job well. ;)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:36 pm

Inventor wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

There is nothing to bomb on a nuclear scale. ISIS is like a motorcycle gang thats gained control of a few thousand square miles of Syria and Iraq.

And do you also think Motorcycle Clubs are like Ebola? Perhaps you would compare us to Russian Aggression, North Korea, Pot Pol?

The largest motorcycle club, ADAC, is much larger than ISIS, over 15,000,000 members, and is dedicated to local rallies, and International Motorcycle Racing. American Clubs do the same. Even our 1% do Toys for Tots runs with The US Marines.

We do invade small towns for a weekend, spend a lot of money, drink a lot of beer, and are a major draw for the local economy. We are gone by Sunday night, and welcome back the next year.

Riding a motorcycle is Legal, we are allowed on public roads.

Please stop killing us.

Thank you for your time.

Lol!

Exactly what OliveOilMom is complaining about!

A person cant be PC ENOUGH these days, can they?

Now I have to be sensitive to you bikers too!

OOPS!

I mean "motorcycle enthusiasts! :D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:43 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
It seems that the ISIS does not follow any rules of war.

I wonder why America does not dump the atomic bomb on ISIS.

Two atomic bombs tiny enough to show the reportedly undefeated Japanese "Empire" where their place :D
Well? those cockroaches do need exterminating but then we risk killing hundreds of thousands of civilians.

^this and I thought ISIS has people in various countries, its not like they're all grouped together in a perfect little target area. The problem is extremism, in this case religious extremism...extremism like that from us isn't going to help anything...we couldn't really call it a war on terrorism if we go dropping atomic bombs around the world wherever ISIS members are suspected to be.

But then there are people who think the movie Team America is some patriotic movie, when it's actually making fun...and shout America F*** yeah like its the new national anthem, so not to surprising some have the mentality of 'hey lets nuke the world to solve the problem.'

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
It seems that the ISIS does not follow any rules of war.

I wonder why America does not dump the atomic bomb on ISIS.

Two atomic bombs tiny enough to show the reportedly undefeated Japanese "Empire" where their place :D

It's easy to see why atomic weapons are not being used. It's because the rule seems to be someone must be the first to do it then others respond and with that balance of power, no one ever uses them because there can logically never be a first. See?

AND if terrorists do set off a dirty bomb Lord have mercy on us all because they will be the first and that's like giving permission for what will happen next so it's best if nobody ever goes there.

I realize US was the first in the world to set off an atomic weapon but I am talking first after world war II.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:11 pm

I don't get what it is with people refusing to acknowledge that the Islamic State are, indeed, a state as they claim. They're a totalitarian, aggressive, expansionist state, but they are still a state.

Honestly, I don't think you can deal with them without flooding the entire place with troops and trapping them in the cities they've taken. Air drop food and water purification systems, you don't want the people in the cities to die, but other than that just keep them trapped. When they attempt to break out, then's your time to fight them, but trying to take the city by force is just going to be a bloodbath. But when they're isolated from each other (I'm presuming you're deploying radio jammers and EMPs...), you might not have to.

Beware human shields, though. Maybe invest in small combat drones, and supertanks that can roll up to a crowd and pick out the ones firing at it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:58 pm

Magneto wrote:
I don't get what it is with people refusing to acknowledge that the Islamic State are, indeed, a state as they claim. They're a totalitarian, aggressive, expansionist state, but they are still a state.

Honestly, I don't think you can deal with them without flooding the entire place with troops and trapping them in the cities they've taken. Air drop food and water purification systems, you don't want the people in the cities to die, but other than that just keep them trapped. When they attempt to break out, then's your time to fight them, but trying to take the city by force is just going to be a bloodbath. But when they're isolated from each other (I'm presuming you're deploying radio jammers and EMPs...), you might not have to.

Beware human shields, though. Maybe invest in small combat drones, and supertanks that can roll up to a crowd and pick out the ones firing at it.

Get ready for a robot war.