Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm

Just out of curiosity, what are your guy's thoughts on Sony Pictures Animation movies? I ask because I've enjoyed the movies that I've seen from them soo far. I like Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, Hotel Transylvania, and Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (I have purposefully avoided the live action/CGI hybrid smurf movies like the plague though). They're not perfect but they're still harmless family fun and some have even gotten positive buzz from critics and audience members alike. However there's a certain animated movie reviewer on YouTube who shall remain nameless (despite the fact that he doesn't deserve it) who just rips apart everything SPA puts out. He referred to Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs as "the cancer of animation", labeled Hotel Transylvania as "a complete embarrassment to the animation genre", and said that "anyone who genuinely likes Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 should be ashamed of themselves and should seriously reconsider their life". This really pisses me of because of 2 reasons. 1. As one of the many people who do like those movies, I feel like he's bringing my intelligence into question which I hate. And 2. It really pisses me off because he's obviously trying to force both his anti SPA agenda and opinion on me, telling me how he thinks I should feel about liking certain media. I honestly feel like going Quest For Camelot Nostalgia Critic on his ass (for anyone who watched that review) and no the NC isn't who I'm talking about. He at least has my respect but whiny anti SPA rant b***h lost my respect long ago. He doesn't deserve it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 8:29 pm

I did think Cloudy was a bit cheesy, but not terrible.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
I did think Cloudy was a bit cheesy, but not terrible.

I get that. It's cheesy but still enjoyable.

CC_Blossom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Feb 2015, 3:49 am

The only films from them I've seen that I like are Surf's Up and Arthur Christmas (though I feel it was too random for me). I didn't like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and Open Season was average to say the least. While I haven't seen The Smurfs movie, I'm not planning on seeing it because I didn't like how they made a classic 80's cartoon into CGI. Add to the fact that they're in NYC doesn't make sense compared to the cartoon.