My mom found my sock packer, and I'm not out yet!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm

When I was searching under my bed for my sock packer this morning, I couldn't find it. I started freaking out and thinking about how it could be lying around somewhere to be found by my mom or someone.

After looking around various parts of the house, I looked in my sock drawer, and the socks that I had used to make my packer were in there- apart as individual socks.

This means that my mom found my packer, probably thought something REALLY weird, took it apart, and put the parts in my sock drawer.

This wouldn't be a problem if the packer didn't resemble a real penis and balls, but this one wasn't just some socks stuffed together. It actually looked like a penis and balls. There's no way that my mom couldn't have seen that.

I don't know what she thought when she found it. I don't even know how she found it! I keep it under my bed! That probably makes it seem even more suspicious. She hasn't sad anything about it to me, and I don't really think that she will.

I almost thought of coming out as transgender this very afternoon, just so that she doesn't go thinking for months that I had some weird sock sex toy under my bed! I mean, it wouldn't have made sense to have been a sex toy... It was made of socks, but it was clearly supposed to be a penis and balls.

I'm probably just going to not talk about it as long as she doesn't until I come out this summer.

By the way, I'm not a full-on transguy, but I'm on the transmasculine spectrum. I'm a demiguy between male and neutral, but I plan to come out as simply bigender.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 1:02 am

Your mother likely knows that you are in the midsts of developing your identity, whatever it may be, as that is a normal developmental stage for teenagers and one of the reasons that being a teenager can seem like such an emotionally stressful time. She might not know what that identity is exactly, but it's not unusual for teenagers to go through different identity stages...in fact, this process can continue well into a persons 20s. That being said, you should be able to talk to your parents about any struggles you might be having.

That she disassembled the sock packer, washed it, and placed the socks in your drawer indicates that she probably wasnt particularly shocked or horrified by it. If she were, she likely would have left it where she found it or confronted you about it. She might not have thought it anything more than a lewd, teenage sculpture, or possibly just saw it as socks.

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 1:10 am

I'm a 46 year old mum and I had to look up the sock packer. I deduced similarly to Chronos, unless you had a 'hard packer' then your mom probably thought of it as socks. Google images didn't help much.

Chronos gave good advice and I don't think I could add to it. I can understand how you would be feeling a bit embarrassed and worried, though. Do you have a good relationship with your mom?

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 11:16 am

Try not to worry too much what your mom will think. My mom knows about my vibrator and masturbation, and she now has found out that I am bisexual. I thought she would freak out, but it ended up being fine.