How do you approach women if you're shy?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 5:34 pm

By being not shy.

mahendar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2015, 6:10 am

You do not have to be shy anymore. Put it behind you. http://www.wikihow.com/Approach-a-Girl- ... hat-to-Say

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm

Dayum, the memories man.

Writing this back when I just got a huge crush. Dem Memories.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 12:55 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Dayum, the memories man.

And I assume the advice has helped you succeed, because you followed it all? :lol:

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:49 pm

i guess improve classes, I heard those are a source of help

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:48 pm

Outrider wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:
Dayum, the memories man.

And I assume the advice has helped you succeed, because you followed it all? :lol:

Yeah

She left in May though and transferred so i'll probably never see her again. Its been almost 6 1/2 months and its still hard, I still think about her everyday. I doubt I will ever forget about her. I just wish I was good with women so I woudn't have to obsess over someone who probably doesn't have any problem finding someone and will eventually forget me.

That's what I want more then anything. Someone who loves me and I love them. Then i'll be happy.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm

^Everyone wants someone to love who will love them back. Everyone is searching for unconditional love ever since birth. :heart: :heart: :cheers:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 3:02 am

Not a good attitudd to have, A relationship doesn't always make you happy.

I'm currently in one (a very great one in fact) and you'd be surprised how little it can actually do, but I'll admit it does help.

Being in a relationship can make you feel happy knowing you are loved and feeling loved, but it can't be the only source of your happiness.

As even when you're in a relationship they are their own person and still need time away from you.

If the person you're in a relationship with can find ways to be happy even when away from you, you must have the ability to do the same, or you'll be in a lot of trouble.

I'll admit, being in a relationship has made me slightly happier all the time, but overall again I'm only slightly happier.

Out of 10, before the relationship my happiness was probably a 6 out of 10, now it is a 6.5.

That's it. It's worth half a point to me.

Being in a relationship is like having good friends. It's the same sort of feeling and situation, friends are happy to spend time with you but can make you happy in other ways.

The other 6 are family (2), good living conditions (nice home, etc. 1), friends (1), hobbies/interests (.5), meaning/purpose in life (1), and decent looks/health (.5).

but, I can realte to developing strong attractions and attachments to others far too easily.

Right now my girlfriend is my entire social life aside from family, because all my good friends live in other cities (used to live with them). But she still needs her time away from me, and I've got to respect that.

Anyway, how to approach women if you're shy?

Well, depends on the situation. OP, you are in university/college aren't you? What kind of class is it because I know some classes it is hard to approach someone to communicate with outside of class debates. Maybe next time you develop a crush on a classmate try to sit near her (not right next to her but maybe two seats over) and don't force her to talk to you but just try to chat here and there and if you have a decent sense of humor try your luck and make a joke or two. Or another nice little trick is to make jokes to yourself quietly but just loud enough that anyone sitting near you can also here. Usually this is socially inappopriate and if you're not funny it's looked down on (considered extremely rude and smart-a55y) but other times it means your just finding ways to pleasure yourself due to the boring class (but don't do it too much or loud enough the lecturer will catch you doing it).

Either way after a few lessons of the occasionaly chat with her sitting nearby work your way up to trying to converse on hobbies/interests. FInd out what she likes, anything similar and talk about that, anything different express some interest because you'd like to know more.

If the conversation ever goes to the work you're doing and she mentions trouble you could suggest getting a few of your friends and her friends (if you have none just say they were busy) and studying together at a lunch (not dinner, that's too far as of yet).

DO NOT under ANY circumstances flirt or call it a date or hint that it is, because it's NOT.

It's just an excuse, reason, to spend more possible time around this person. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, when actually at the lunch, focus on THE WORK FIRST. It is your priority and it's why you're there in the first place. If OTHERS feel like slacking a bit, don't be afraid to join in.

Get back to us once you've done something like this and we will find out where to go from there.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 7:39 am

KayteeKay wrote:
Girls/women are people too -- you talk to them in exactly the same manner in which you talk to boys/men/your mom.

Do you have any female friends? If not, you might want to try to make some (to get comfy hanging out with women) BEFORE trying to land a girlfriend.

I don't think this is true. Men and women have a completely different social structure. You do talk to them similarly, but I wouldn't say it's the same.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 7:48 am

Okay, I don't understand why even the women here are not mentioning how women give hints when they like a guy. A lot of people seem to think that men are the pursuers. While this is true, a lot of women will give men subtle hints if they like them. This could be as simple as always smiling at the guy, or always saying hi, commenting on their clothes, or their work, ect. What I found that works best for me, is to pick up on what women do this to me and then show an interest in them. There is a much less chance of rejection this way also. If you're talking to women online though, you have to usually message them first.