evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

trollcatman wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:
Perhaps there was some confusion in what I said. I was trying to say that if our ( western) version of fringe zealous right-wing religious( specifically Christian, since I'm talking about the west) zealots wielded the same amount of power as ISIS in terms of political-religious/socio-economic control, they would probably become much like ISIS as absolute power corrupts absolutely.
There is historical precedent to what I'm saying. When a bunch of fanatic "infidel"- hating Christians( in this example I'm not talking about your average Christian on the street I'm talking about the fundamentalist evangelical bigoted zealots) organize themselves into a functioning military- horrible things have happened. Look at the crusaders, conquistadors, Spanish inquisition, and kkk for instance. Atrocities comparable to ISIS have been committed by all 4 groups- all in the name of Jejus, exactly parallel to how ISIS commits their atrocities under the name of Allah.

We would need several generations to pass with no separation of church, state, and economy before we could even start behaving like Northern Ireland a couple decades ago, let alone before we started slowly sawing people's heads off with machettes, gang-raping young girls, or executing children for watching entertainment events on TV. I don't even think one world government, economics, religion, and microchips - all compliments of the UN - would be enough to get America to where the middle-east is today.

During the French revolution, within the space of a few months, young idealists became mass-murderers. Both Christians and Muslims are human. All humans are capable of corruption. All religions have committed acts of genocide. Do not be blind in saying any one religion is better than that of another. #neverforgetgenocide #notallmuslimsareterrorists #notallchristiansareredneckbigots #notalljewshatepalestinians #peacecannotbeachievedwithouttolerance

Maybe it's a generation gap, but I really don't get all this ####twitter sh#t.

Hashtags are generally used to indicate emphasis and tl,dr at the same time to refocus attention to a particular view that is being shared.