Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 84 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

Just read any of my posts , I only talk about myself :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2018, 12:27 pm

To start i was diagnosed 9 years ago by my therapist, i have Asperger's syndrome .
Im 5'9
Brown eyes
Blk hair
Average build

To start im a term coined in japan called otomen.
Otomen (from urban dictionary) (only place got it right)
A term for a guy with femine pursuits, skills,hobbies or lifestyle. Often these men are mistaken as being gay. They are heterosexual (straight). If there is a similar word SNAG or metrosexual maybe close.

Otomen are sensitive, emotional types prone to being needy and demanding.

Otomen have a love to cook, clean, sew, craft, etc. Normally polite, loyal, honest, shy and not mechanically inclined. Otomen are more timid and sensitive than most, and so relationships are hard for them. Otomen are fun, happy persons with, good hygiene, and his clothes are neat. Otomen are reserved and silent.

Roles are reversed as Otomen are one to be rescued not the rescuers. Otomen are types wanting to be held than to hold. Otomen wan to be asked out rather than ask out. Otomen are fearful of horror films and try not to go near conflict. Otomen are usually more sensative to there partners needs both emotionally and physically. Otomen can often have submissive personalities and are often used n abused.

I'm a vintage kinda guy (When I can). I listen to music as old as the 1920s to as new as last year. Love the 50, the 60s, ratpack, the crooners, the old school vocal jazz (the great American song book), swing, and new jazz. I love to relax to old radio. I play older generation video games, I ride a vintage bicycle. I watch tv and movies old old as in silent to as new as what's in the theaters. Not a huge horror fan mind u but any other film I'll see. I dance old school (swing). I make old school style dishes .

I'm considered a emotional type, my friends say I'm so caring it's over powering. My friends say I'm a born therapist able to talk people through anything.

As I've mentioned I'm whimsical. I Look for the best in all (yes a little too trusting.) Some say i live in fantasy. Im not one to say bad about another. Oddly im one to question anything i see. I love to learn new things and I learn quickly.

My goals are to become a real chef. A real culinary whiz like my coworkers. My passion is cooking. Good food can bridge families and bring people together. A good cook can turn bad tasting ingredients into great meals. A good cook can make allot out of little. I love to see the smiles of people after there meal.

My other goal is to get over my social awkwardness.

If you're into movies, tv, and anime. I'm a Movie and anime buff. I will watch or try anything at least once. Twice if I like it

Im agnostic, im very very solid on this point. I believe there higher power. Who it is .... is up for debate. Could be a god, a goddess, just one or multiple. Could be budda, ahli, his self or a roving spaghetti monster.

I see a regular therapist once a week and we chat alot. I live in california and work by day as a cook. I live a quiet life and meet with not only a support group. But a group of only aspergers for lunch each week.

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 11:33 pm

I'm an aspie and I like to play bass, date men and women but mostly men, smoke, drink vodka with Pepsi or fruit juices, lager, cold water, tea and the occasional coffee. I like to play video games, mostly 90s and 00s console classics, some via emulators on my PC. I also like to watch TV shows and movies via streaming services. I'm also a bit of an oddball who is both kinda sporty and kinda nerdy, and I love dogs and cats and most animals in general, despite being an unashamed meat eater. I'm also an avid supporter of Liverpool FC. I love music in a big way, all kinds but mostly Alt Rock, Punk and Dance music (Old Skool, Trance, Techno, Happy Hardcore). I hope to one day have a successful music career as a bassist in an Alt Rock band.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 6:50 pm

The dirtiest trick ever played on me was played by my own mother when she named me. I grew to hate the name and changed it in 1981. My name is not a 'ridiculous' name as such but I don't like it and it doesn't suit me. I won't be revealing it, not even for a meeting with a certain musician.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 11:56 am

I thought I was gay for the longest time. It turns out that I'm attracted to hippies. I thought that love was all over for me when I graduated from college in the June of 1994, or more like the May of 1994 when some tool turned on me.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 9:58 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I thought I was gay for the longest time. It turns out that I'm attracted to hippies. I thought that love was all over for me when I graduated from college in the June of 1994, or more like the May of 1994 when some tool turned on me.

So you are attracted to hippies regardless of gender?

Elektromagnetische Koning
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2018, 7:12 pm

I live in America and am currently 15 years old. I like video games, drawing, running, singing, and want to start being able to dance efficiently.

Riverrapids1998
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm

Hi! I'm River.
Yes, that's my actual first name. I wasn't named after River Phoenix either, I don't understand why anyone would name their kid after that guy. There's a River that runs through the smoky mountains in Tennessee that I was named after, and it fits well because my only hobby is being on top of a mountain somewhere. I live a very adventurous life, I'm just a typical southern boy with a nonconformist outlook on things. I guess my circumstances with my past and growing up with the typical struggles of Asperger's drove me there. I drive an old Toyota truck and hike everywhere, occasionally accompanied with my cattle dog when I want company, and I work in a local grocery store. I hope to be a wildland firefighter, though it's a very over stimulating career, and I'm currently working on volunteering with my county's fire department and getting in shape so I can get there before I go to school, and I hope to go into forestry someday or keep following the firefighting path. Wherever God takes me, I guess. In my spare time and rainy days I often just sit around and listen to music or obsess over petty things like world war two or I may write in a journal about a past love or something dramatic, I love writing. I have but a few friends, I tried forcing myself out in the world once and gained many social skills, but find that people are generally unreliable and could care less to try to understand a "quirky" type if they aren't themselves. And, at the end of the day, I'm still as awkward and socially hopeless as I was to begin with. It's hard to find people who'll call you often to check on you, even. Though, I'm thankful for who I do have to reach out to. I'm just hoping to do something big and be happy in a place where man has long forgotten is one of solitude and shelter, and maybe help a few along the way.

ConcernedNtHusband
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2018, 11:16 am

Maybe I should have posted in this thread when I joined, but I didn't see it until today.

You can see from my profile my age and gender. I try to keep things somewhat obfuscated because I want to safeguard my privacy, and I've been discussing my relationship with my wife here. I'm neuro-typical as you probably gathered from my forum name, and my wife was "diagnosed" as an Aspie by our general practitioner. He has a low-functioning autistic son so he's familiar with it, although I question whether or not he can properly diagnose conditions like these as he does not specialize in them. Be that as it may, Aspie or not, she is most definitely not neuro-typical.

I had no idea when we started dating that she had any NDs and she hid this from me. I just thought she was quirky and sometimes irrational. I also thought she was suffering from low self-esteem and was extremely insecure. I fell in love with her and she with I. After living together for over 6 years I asked her to marry me, and obviously she said yes. I thought for sure that after we were married at the very least her insecurity would subside considerably, but it didn't. This was extremely disappointing for me as it meant that other than being husband and wife, not much else changed.

Anyway, I felt that I could help her be more "normal" and applied my own form of therapy. Basically chastising the way she dressed, badgering her to stop saying weird things and get incredibly angry and yell at her for not doing anything around the house. I wasn't supportive of her and used negative reinforcement liberally to get her to do what I wanted her to do. A few years after we were married she received that diagnosis. I never bothered to look into what it entailed, and persisted with my own brand of "therapy."

After over 14 years of being together, and with me being overbearing and verbally abusive she finally had enough. My actions were well intended. I never meant to do any emotional damage, I just wanted her to stop doing some of the things I felt should be stopped. She would dress really weird, she would say things that were intimately personal about herself, me or both of us to people we'd just met that I felt were incredibly embarrassing. I wanted her to participate in mundane relationship duties as she didn't contribute much of anything to the maintenance side of the relationship, such as house cleaning, shopping, being employed, etc. (In all fairness I feel that the latter was and still is completely justified: she should be contributing wherever and whenever she can.)

The emotional toil had taken its toll and she wanted to leave me. She'd found some guy online that was telling her all the things she wanted to hear, and she was telling him all the things he wanted to hear - and then some. I believe the guy knew she had some serious issues because she flipped out on him several times. I know all this because she wasn't hiding the fact she was trying to leave me. She wound up staying, mostly because the guy didn't pay for her to come out to where he was and I absolutely refused to give her a penny to leave. I had red flags all over the place about this guy anyway, I never stopped loving my wife and didn't want her to go, either.

It was an incredibly traumatic experience that both of us went through, because she thought she was getting out of what she felt was an abusive relationship and I thought I was losing the love of my life. I came through it all and recovered after a bit, but she's still working on getting 100% over it. We're closing in on all of this being said and done way over a year and a half ago. We've been to marriage counseling for months, although we had to stop when I got a new job as I don't have any time during the week for it. I've also gone out of my way to read books on ASD and watched a lot of videos and read many sites that discuss it to educate myself on the disorder so I can be a better husband and all-around better person in general.

I was compelled to post here because there's a lot of people on here with ASD or autism in general, and I felt getting insight from people who are not NT might help me gain some perspective on things. My wife and I have been fighting a lot lately, which is the reason why I joined. I've heard a lot of various opinions on my situation and have obtained a lot of differing advice on it, all of which I appreciate.

Perhaps some of you out there have questions you'd like to pose to an NT guy who's married to an Aspie. If that's the case and I feel like I can help in some way, I'd be more than happy to.

Oh, some personal stuff about me: I love playing video games and live stream them, I exercise a lot. Weather permitting I commute on my bicycle upwards of 120 miles a week, I box and kickbox, go jogging and do a bit of weightlifting, too. Staying fit is very important to me. I write my own music, I like to create YouTube videos also and have WAY too many YouTube channels that cover everything from the music I write, to products I review, politics, combat martial arts and gaming. I'm a DIYer kind of guy who does a lot of my own maintenance around the house. I like spending time with my wife and watching goofy YouTubers with her. Also like going on walks together. She's my life!

Anyway, it said "talk about yourself for a bit" and I think this is probably more than "a bit." Feel free to ask me if you want to know more or have any questions. :)

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2018, 2:25 am

Howdy!

I'm Tristan; 22 year old guy from the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada

Was on here previously then left then remembered about this so I came back to try & hopefully find a LDR with someone (as ridiculous as it sounds)

I've always had issues w/ socializing and also Math throughout my school years (same with talking in my early years of school, but I eventually opened up); whether or not it's Aspergers is unknown as prior to me being born, I had Seizures in Utero which caused hemorrhaging in my brain which later left scar tissue on areas of my brain and because of that, symptoms kind of cross over, hence why it's unknown if I actually have it or not.

I like Reading, Cooking, Baking, Video Games (Xbox One, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC), and mild exercise

Hoping to get more into photography and hiking as well

I'm also Childfree

For the curious, it's different from Childless as someone who's Childfree doesn't want any kids whatsoever, be it adopted, biological, or otherwise and it's also viewed as controversial by many which is just ridiculous imo

I have my reasons for being Childfree, which are rather simple: I can barely take care of myself when my parents leave the house and I'd rather have the peace of mind that I'll have the $ for food, water, shelter, clothes, bills, yada yada yada; also sucks when you have an immense fear of becoming homeless in this day and age

Feel free to PM me for whatever reason!

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 11:57 am

I, too, am childfree. I am not psychologically equipped to be a mother. I am also asexual, have an extremely low pain threshold and hate children anyway.

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2018, 3:34 am

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
I, too, am childfree. I am not psychologically equipped to be a mother. I am also asexual, have an extremely low pain threshold and hate children anyway.

Nice to know there's other CF people on here! :)

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

ConcernedNtHusband
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2018, 9:46 am

lostxprophit wrote:
MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
I, too, am childfree.

Nice to know there's other CF people on here!

Also childfree here. I'm a big enough kid, I don't need any competition. :lol:

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm

ConcernedNtHusband wrote:
lostxprophit wrote:
MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
I, too, am childfree.

Nice to know there's other CF people on here!

Also childfree here. I'm a big enough kid, I don't need any competition. :lol:

aha; fair enough xD

Self Diagnosed

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

29 Apr 2018, 5:17 pm

A bit busy right now, but I'll try to take the opportunity to introduce myself a bit further later! :)

Fay
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2018, 9:43 am

Hi im fay,

Id like this to be my real name of choice because everyone makes a meme of my real name.

About me i dont know where to start,
Im 33 and got diagnosed with aspergers at 32. Its late i know and im angry because it could have gad ease my life and perhaps that of many people that used to be around me to.

Ive had a very abusive childhood i guess my mother is a psychopath. I had issues to sozialize with other kidds nor didnt i really speak untill the age of 5 or 6. I would rater sitt in a corner for myself and do drawing then playing with dolls. To i wouldnt recognize my family members like aunt etc it was a cause for my mother to go berzerk mental. Im so sorry i cant help it i cant even remember my mothers face nor the face of my long past grandmum and it makes me sad well i remember my granny for her red furry coat she loved to wear :3 does this count? Eventually it came down that i had to go to special kindergarden which was more reason for my mother to leash on me. Ive been violated, called stupid and worthless untill 18 when ive been run away from home. I had issues to make friendships nor did my mother ever allow me to leave my room nor was i allowed to socialize with my sisters. My mum will cut my hair short, dress me in boys clothes to which was allot of reasons to be bullied at school to. School was a nightmare, eventhough i wasnt bad i simply had no mood to study unless it was a subject i loved but im good at eating informations effortlessly. I never did study but got good resaults. Eventually after i escaped from home i tried to survive in my own but when i was 19 i was overwhelmed mentally and needed to mental hospital. Ive spend about 5 years of my life in total in psychiatric instidutions. It didnt help me nor did the medications and one day i have had enough and run away abroad. I wanted to figure life on my own. 8 years i succeded to survive somehow but meeting struggles allot on the way. Not being able to keep a job nor haveing lasting friendships which always break due to banale things like not being able to socially interact in a way as common people do. Im often overwhelmed didnt knew whats wrong with me untill i got the diagnose where the puzzle pieces just started to make sense. Trying to cope with it and looking forward to figure ways how i could cope with the differencies and apply those into my life for the better. I like to be happy just a tiny bit i like just be feel peace i dont ask much of life really just a tad calm. Ive grown weary on my road and my package is heavy on my back but im still standing. Society ask so much of me i dont know how to cope i just wish i could be left alone and do what i love and perhaps make something amazing of it but none getts it and i feel like ive lost my mood just been moping around.