jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 1:08 pm

Neon Noir wrote:
jon85 wrote:
I play!

I think i play too much though :-/

Feel free to add me, sevencrows#1949. I'm a casual player that kind of fell off for a little while, no one I know plays.

Cool! :D I'll add you later. My handle on there is hiddenpants (followed by a random set of numbers i've no idea what they are lol). My main toon is a Tauren Warrior. I'm not great, but i am learning :)

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 1:48 pm

jon85 wrote:
Neon Noir wrote:

Cool! :D I'll add you later. My handle on there is hiddenpants (followed by a random set of numbers i've no idea what they are lol). My main toon is a Tauren Warrior. I'm not great, but i am learning :)

Nice! What level/realm are you?

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 2:50 pm

92 ilvl about 430 ish

What you play?

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 3:00 pm

jon85 wrote:
92 ilvl about 430 ish

What you play?

I play on a lot of alts, so it's hard to say. Did you use your free character boost?

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 3:12 pm

Neon Noir wrote:
jon85 wrote:
92 ilvl about 430 ish

What you play?

I play on a lot of alts, so it's hard to say. Did you use your free character boost?

i did, on a dif toon. I wanted to try the warrior but couldn't be bothered to go through the whole start to finish thing again. So boosted a warrior as it sounded like a class i'd really enjoy. Which i do. But it felt like i cheated, i didn' like the boost. So started from scratch with a warrior and i've really enjoyed it, he feels more personalised than the boost toon :)

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 3:23 pm

jon85 wrote:
i did, on a dif toon. I wanted to try the warrior but couldn't be bothered to go through the whole start to finish thing again. So boosted a warrior as it sounded like a class i'd really enjoy. Which i do. But it felt like i cheated, i didn' like the boost. So started from scratch with a warrior and i've really enjoyed it, he feels more personalised than the boost toon :)

I can relate to that, I barely ever touch my boosted toon, a rogue. He turned into a $60 bank alt. lol I like the class for PVP, so I keep it around. My subscription expired a little while ago, but when I come back, we'll play! What realm are you on?

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 4:58 pm

Also sorry for the barrage of questions or if I'm coming on too strong; I was just looking to maybe start an Aspie-friendly guild down the line. I get so anxious interacting with some guilds in chat or (especially) on Vent. There's some downright nasty/impatient people. I understand that things can get heated after multiple raid wipes, but I play for fun.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 5:03 pm

Neon Noir wrote:
Also sorry for the barrage of questions or if I'm coming on too strong; I was just looking to maybe start an Aspie-friendly guild down the line. I get so anxious interacting with some guilds in chat or (especially) on Vent. There's some downright nasty/impatient people. I understand that things can get heated after multiple raid wipes, but I play for fun.

That sounds like a great idea :)

I'm in a guild, but I'm nervous about it for the reasons you listed. Worried that I don't play as well as them.

worriedfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2015, 6:14 pm

I used to play, I had an Undead Priest on Wyrmrest Accord. I was actually in a guild for people with social anxiety which helped a lot with getting used to raiding. Haven't played since Pandaria, though.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2015, 10:44 pm

I resubscribed today. Apparently the total subscriber count has dropped back down to 7.1 million since the last boom. Yikes. My garrisons have become sort of a goldmaking chore, but I'm having fun leveling up my alts.

worriedfire wrote:
I used to play, I had an Undead Priest on Wyrmrest Accord. I was actually in a guild for people with social anxiety which helped a lot with getting used to raiding. Haven't played since Pandaria, though.

I found a few guilds on WrA aimed at those with social anxiety or similar conditions, but they all seem to have folded during MoP. There was an increase of hostile Dude-bro types of players when the new expansion first came out, but now it looks like they were the first to leave.

jon85 wrote:
I'm in a guild, but I'm nervous about it for the reasons you listed. Worried that I don't play as well as them.

Same here. It's one reason why I transferred to an RP server. I don't roleplay much, but as long as you don't go out of your way to ruin anyone else's experience, they seem more lenient if I mess up now and then. There's jerks anywhere though.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 8:42 am

From what it looks like it's the largest subscriber drop count in the game history.
I truly hope that this opens up blizzard eyes and they see how they messed up with this game.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2015, 7:30 pm

Andrejake wrote:
From what it looks like it's the largest subscriber drop count in the game history.
I truly hope that this opens up blizzard eyes and they see how they messed up with this game.

I agree that there's a lot broken right now, especially for PVP'ers. From what I understand, this drop was preceded by one of the steepest, most unexpected (judging from the launch day queues) climbs in subscriber count. I'm not sure that the actual number of unsubscribers is as indicative as the timing of the drop-off, seeing as we're barely into 6.2 and have now lost 330,000 subscribers since the end of MoP.

Hopefully Blizz figures something out in time for the film's release next year, no doubt there will be a major tie-in and they've already shot themselves in the foot.

That said, I can't take another 'no-flying' argument in /Trade...

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 6:39 am

Yes.
A lot of people came back because WoD was way way too promising.
Ability pruning, a less bursty game, the nostalgia of a TBC like experience, garrisons... Everything sounded too exciting in theory but failed hard in most aspects.
PvP is still as bursty as before, or might be actually worse. The ability pruning happened in a way that some classes have lost so much of their main aspects... It's like everyone have a 5 seconds stun, a "few seconds" defensive, a "do stupid damage" button and they're all so predictable now. I remember watching videos about the top PvPers when I started playing, watching them using spells that I didn't even have on my action bar in genius different ways, it felt awesome to discover some new unique technique. Now this doesn't happen anymore. The abilities that weren't removed are now stupidly easy and direct to use to a point where watching a 2k and a 2.7k player playing the same class feels almost the same. I mean, I don't want a game full of gimmicks to try too hard to be complex to the point of being annoying, but what they did was beyond what most of us were expecting.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2015, 12:44 pm

Andrejake wrote:
Yes.
A lot of people came back because WoD was way way too promising.
Ability pruning, a less bursty game, the nostalgia of a TBC like experience, garrisons... Everything sounded too exciting in theory but failed hard in most aspects.
PvP is still as bursty as before, or might be actually worse. The ability pruning happened in a way that some classes have lost so much of their main aspects... It's like everyone have a 5 seconds stun, a "few seconds" defensive, a "do stupid damage" button and they're all so predictable now. I remember watching videos about the top PvPers when I started playing, watching them using spells that I didn't even have on my action bar in genius different ways, it felt awesome to discover some new unique technique. Now this doesn't happen anymore. The abilities that weren't removed are now stupidly easy and direct to use to a point where watching a 2k and a 2.7k player playing the same class feels almost the same. I mean, I don't want a game full of gimmicks to try too hard to be complex to the point of being annoying, but what they did was beyond what most of us were expecting.

Very, very well put. It's just a personal peeve of mine when people fixate on the lack of flying in WoD when there are easily much bigger problems at hand. Whenever I hear that, I can only hear: "I'm not sure what I'm angry about, but I want to be angry too." -- which is the mantra of the burgeoning outrage culture. I want the devs to fix what is broken, not for the game to continue sinking in order to validate said outrage. I'd have to imagine that Blizzard is now questioning some of Holinka's moves, I just hope that we see some progress before subscriptions sink to 6 million.

In the meantime, I've been getting into goldmaking to stock up on game tokens. If I'm going to play a broken game, at the very least, I don't want to pay for it.