Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm

natany3 wrote:
As an answer to the face of boe: you didn't understand me at all. What I mean was if humanity was perfect wouldn't be necessary any state, frontier or government, people would just live in peace and nobody would treat nobody as second class citzen and would be a magical world but that's not reality, it's impossible. Two states is doable. Two same sized states is doable. Deny that jewish people have a connection historical, religious , emotional, etc because you don't believe in "my" bible is just as insane if I were to think that Palestinians don't have right to their land because I do. Both have right to live there, even tought as my personal opinion the state of Israel should be laic, mixing religion and politics is not a good idea, I think religion is best kept personal

It's impossible for a "Jewish State" with a majority of right-wing to be laïque in any way, Israel, was founded on blood, through religious terrorism by fascist-like militias, White-European conquerors who came to systemically eradicating the natives from their lands, in a very similar way how ISIS is founding its State today. A such state with a such bloody recent history can't change to a peaceful state, spare us the peace and humanity, talk that to your state's majority.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ar ... ian_exodus

natany3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm

My page somehow keeps reloading and I wrote my answer twice when I go post doesn't go. SIonism was the opposite of religious when it started, as te Jews moved away from tradition of wait the messiah to come to end the diaspora, and that's the reason ultra orthodox rejects the state of Israel. It was an answer to a very real problem in Europe.they looked other lands to go, but as they got support from religious people they really get set on making a state in that region, and religion have everything to do with it. Now that it's there, it's already created, religion already mixed with politics and mess is already done. Two states is a good solution, deny the right of jewish people live in the region and created a third diaspora would be horrible, but the Palestinian should have their state.

natany3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Mar 2015, 7:07 pm

Now I won't be able to answer everything because got guests and as I am here, with my jewish mother, my Christian father, my Muslim husband, my I-wonder-what-she-will-be daughter and my Muslim best friend and her children, I really think that peace can be possible, but I certainly don't think its easy

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm

^ and who's opposing most the Palestinian state now? Isn't the majority of Israel and the successive Israel govs?

Quote:
Two states is a good solution, deny the right of jewish people live in the region and created a third diaspora would be horrible, but the Palestinian should have their state.

Sometimes in history, what goes around comes around, so yeah, it isn't improbable in the future that Israelis will "lose" their homes overnight in the same way you made the Palestinians losing their homes.

And the refusal of Palestinian state only reinforces this probable future.

As for the diaspora BS, please spare me the falsified Zionist historiography.

http://mondediplo.com/2008/09/07israel

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 7:18 pm

natany3 wrote:
Now I won't be able to answer everything because got guests and as I am here, with my jewish mother, my Christian father, my Muslim husband, my I-wonder-what-she-will-be daughter and my Muslim best friend and her children, I really think that peace can be possible, but I certainly don't think its easy

I don't give a damn how religiously diversified your family is, you love Israel, you support the Israeli "cause".

That's enough for me to put you in the same zionist basket, and an enemy's supporter.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 2:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ and who's opposing most the Palestinian state now? Isn't the majority of Israel and the successive Israel govs?

Quote:
Two states is a good solution, deny the right of jewish people live in the region and created a third diaspora would be horrible, but the Palestinian should have their state.

Sometimes in history, what goes around comes around, so yeah, it isn't improbable in the future that Israelis will "lose" their homes overnight in the same way you made the Palestinians losing their homes.

We know that the biblical narrative is nonsense, but we know there once lived Jews in the Roman province of Palestine. What does it matter that their descendants married Europeans and other people? I read that Ashkenazi Jews were 30-60% European. Just by looking at citizens of Israel it's quite obvious that they have very different appearances based on where they came from. But an ethnicity is more than just DNA, it's also a shared culture. I just read an article on the DNA of the Celtic peoples, turns out they differed quite a lot genetically, and that Celtic language and culture was more a spread of culture than of genes. But they consider themselves an ethnic group and are perceived as such. Same with Jews, they've been seen as a seperate ethnic group by other people. That many of them are half European didn't change the perception.
Of course the Palestinians have more claim to the land, since their ancestors also lived there since ancient times and have lived there continuously. The British really mucked this one up.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 2:58 am

Can Bibi (that's his nickname) actually form a coalition government this time?

If he can, can we say snap elections in two years time?

If not does it automatically trigger a Greek style snap election?

The good news for him is this... Every international organization that Palestine joins without U.S. approval, is automatically sanctioned by the U.S. under an existing American law.
The U.S. is the biggest funder of the UN and the other organizations by far.
Can they afford to lose American funding to side with Palestine?

The first international organization that Palestine joins is the International Criminal Court on April 1st.
Palestine plans to bring a war crime investigation on Israel for the last war in hopes of it bringing actual charges.

Palestine also plans to formally submit the application for UN membership this year too.
The U.S. is currently threatening to veto the application when submitted (it has to go through the UN Security Council first before the general assembly), because they want Palestine to come to an agreement with Israel.

The U.S. has also warned it's allies not to recognize Palestine as an independent state.

But Obama this week did say he will no longer use the U.S. veto to protect Israel from the UN, since Israel is no longer committed to the peace process.

The UK is set to vote on recognizing Palestine this summer.

---

Anyways anyone want to guess when Bibi will launch the next war on the Palestinians?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 5:00 am

xenocity wrote:
Anyways anyone want to guess when Bibi will launch the next war on the Palestinians?

I'm no fan of Bibi, but maybe next time Hamas can spend the aid they receive on their people rather than tunnels and rocket factories. There has to be some responsibility taken there too.

The UK and EU are not recognizing Hamas, they are recognizing the concept of Palestinian state, which is moot if you already accept the two state solution. Essentially they are recognizing the West Bank administration, not Hamas.

When Fatah lost the election in Gaza, Hamas rounded up the Fatah candidates, took them to the roof of a tall building, and pushed them off. Democracy middle eastern style, one vote, vote over.

Gaza is not a s**thole simply becuase of outside influences, Gaza is worse than any conditions the Palestinian have ever been in, since the 40s, by a large margin. There are no longer any settlements in Gaza.

There is a certain amount of playing the politics of misery. The surrounding Arab states, far from helping them, have deliberately maintained the status of misery. They have been offered land. it is not about land, is about the keys to Jerusalem.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 9:56 am

trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:

We know that the biblical narrative is nonsense, but we know there once lived Jews in the Roman province of Palestine. What does it matter that their descendants married Europeans and other people? I read that Ashkenazi Jews were 30-60% European. Just by looking at citizens of Israel it's quite obvious that they have very different appearances based on where they came from. But an ethnicity is more than just DNA, it's also a shared culture. I just read an article on the DNA of the Celtic peoples, turns out they differed quite a lot genetically, and that Celtic language and culture was more a spread of culture than of genes. But they consider themselves an ethnic group and are perceived as such. Same with Jews, they've been seen as a seperate ethnic group by other people. That many of them are half European didn't change the perception.
Of course the Palestinians have more claim to the land, since their ancestors also lived there since ancient times and have lived there continuously. The British really mucked this one up.

Judaism is a religion, no more no less, it is not an ethnic group, it's the Zionists who desperately try to "ethnicize" Judaism through false "studies", all debunked later.

Judaism was the franca religion of the levant at some point; Canaanism came first, then early-Judaism evolved from Canaanism from Land of Canaan's womb; Judaism itself matured in time from semi-polytheism to monotheism religion.

Phoenicia (land of Lebanon today) for instance had Canaanite-Jewish coexistence then it became mostly Jewish. Then Christianity evolved from Judaism and with time Judaism was mostly replaced by Christianity in Phoenicia and possibly in ancient Palestine. Then Islam came to the area.

The first "diaspora" Zionists fucking-talk about is a myth, the "diaspora" aka the slow decrease of Judaism was mostly due to Christian converts more than anything else.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
xenocity wrote:

I'm no fan of Bibi, but maybe next time Hamas can spend the aid they receive on their people rather than tunnels and rocket factories. There has to be some responsibility taken there too.

The UK and EU are not recognizing Hamas, they are recognizing the concept of Palestinian state, which is moot if you already accept the two state solution. Essentially they are recognizing the West Bank administration, not Hamas.

When Fatah lost the election in Gaza, Hamas rounded up the Fatah candidates, took them to the roof of a tall building, and pushed them off. Democracy middle eastern style, one vote, vote over.

Gaza is not a s**thole simply becuase of outside influences, Gaza is worse than any conditions the Palestinian have ever been in, since the 40s, by a large margin. There are no longer any settlements in Gaza.

There is a certain amount of playing the politics of misery. The surrounding Arab states, far from helping them, have deliberately maintained the status of misery. They have been offered land. it is not about land, is about the keys to Jerusalem.

You do know that Bibi imposed a very strict blockade and strict sanctions on Palestine.
They literally struggle to get Israel to allow the bare minimum of basic necessities into Palestine.

Hamas was literally caught by Egyptian and Israeli army personnel smuggling toilet paper and gallons of water into Palestine, because Israel won't let them import the enough to meet the basic demand.

Also the power plants in Gaza and West Bank are either out of order (due to Israeli bombings) or lack the fuel to regularly produce electricity due to the blockade and sanctions.

Israel regularly confiscates most of the humanitarian aid sent to Palestine and gives it to Israelis and they do the same for all the stuff Hamas tries to smuggle in.

This extreme blockade and sanctions are causing the Palestinian economy to stay collapsed.

As for how Hamas came into being, this one is very fun story.

In the 1970s, Israeli feared Fatah and Arafat were succeeding in getting the two state solution to become a reality. So Israeli ordered it's intelligence services to go find the Hamas founders and bring them back to Palestine, ending their exile. Israel then set up Hama and give them a big pot of money and weapons under the directive to destroy Fatah and Arafat. Though by the mid 90s, Israel had lost control of Hama leading to the current problem. Hamas was able to get money and arms from Iran, Syria and other sources to fight Israel.
http://www.wrmea.org/2002-november/isra ... ollah.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... ate-hamas/

Fatah didn't want to hold elections in Gaza fearing that Hama would win control. The U.S. and Europe threatened to cut off all aid and assistance to Palestine unless they held free and open elections. When Hamas won, the U.S. and Europe demanded PLO no recognize the elections and hold another elections. But the Palestinian President said it wouldn't matter and accepted the results.

Israel created its main two enemies in order to prevent Palestine from becoming a viable state.
This plan is typically referred to as divide and conquer.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:20 am

And I wouldn't be surprised if they are supporting ISIS by now.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/New-UN ... els-383926

but of course, Israel's main goal isn't really to overthrow the tyrant Bachar el Assad, but to simply destabilize the region and to erase its Arabic/Aramaic root.

Towns are being renamed by ISIS, for example Ayn al-Arab was renamed Ayn al-Islam when it was under their control, something that the Zionist did when they stole the Palestinian areas; systemically eradicating the roots from the area was always a first step they followed to Jewify it and claims it as their own.

For later, It would obviously be easier for Israel to expand within ISIS-controlled areas in the future.

And Israel (ironically like ISIS) certainly has expansion plans, it was always an expansionist state with expansionist vision; and even today they are expanding inside what's little left for the Palestinians. They want to destroy and assimilate the to-be-Palestinian state before it becomes it even becomes a state.

Look how they build their settlements out of nowhere inside the Palestinian land so they can overrun it, like the cancer they are.

Quote:
West Bank — Singing and dancing greeted a triumphant Benjamin Netanyahu when he visited Eli, then a young settlement of 959 residents, shortly after first becoming Israel’s prime minister in 1996. “We will be here permanently forever,” he declared in nearby Ariel that day, promising to renew the internationally contentious construction of Jewish communities across the land Palestinians plan as their future state.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015 ... ction.html

If it wasn't for the anti-settlements international pressure, Israel would have expanded across all this land already, they apparently still have this intention despite this pressure tho.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 1:31 pm

Bibi has been spying on the U.S. to according to the WSJ.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-spie ... 1427164201

Apparently Bibi's government leaked the details to the press on the terms of the agreement and how far along the talks were as well.
Bibi informed the U.S. Congress in detail in hopes of forcing Obama to scuttle the deal.

Anyways Israel needs enemies like Hamas, Palestine, ISIS, Iran, etc... in order to keep Israeli public and government unified.

The threat from the enemies is the main unifying force in Israel, stronger than their religion.
It literally heals the deep divide between the liberal/progressive side and conservative side in Israel.

Once peace finally comes, Israel will be forced to deal with real internal issues which will greatly fragment Israeli public opinion and the government.

As long as they have their enemies, Israel can ignore the internal issues and beat the war drum.

princessarachne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2015, 3:53 am

It doesn't matter whether there is a jewish state or a palestinian state or a christian state or whatever.

The bottom line is, people need to learn to settle their differences, work out their conflicts peacefully, and learn to love one another instead of squabbling over resources like children. Sharing is something that is taught in kindergarden, and right now, the state of Israel is being a jerk by taking the land of people who live there and Palestine is being a jerk by not accepting people who want to live there. Whoever the leaders are in either country need to step down from their positions, because being a good politician takes an enormous amount of education and knowledge, and yet they have not been equipped with the most fundamental, basic lessons that everyone else learned before the age of 6.

And while that's being said, as long as there's oil in the middle east, there will never be peace.

Sum
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2015, 1:12 pm

Just out of curiosity, and I'm speaking directly to those who find Netanyahu unsavory; have any of you watched any of his speeches to completion (I don't mean read the transcript or heard commentary, but actually physically watched)? Can you name any of his administrations policies or actions you disagree with? If so coherently explain why you disagree with him on this subject. I feel like this might yield more engaging conversation then simply makiing ad hominem attacks on his character.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 3:38 am

Sum wrote:
Just out of curiosity, and I'm speaking directly to those who find Netanyahu unsavory; have any of you watched any of his speeches to completion (I don't mean read the transcript or heard commentary, but actually physically watched)? Can you name any of his administrations policies or actions you disagree with? If so coherently explain why you disagree with him on this subject. I feel like this might yield more engaging conversation then simply makiing ad hominem attacks on his character.

Netanyahu likes to cozy up to Israel's far right and the fundie Christian supporters of said far right in America. As noted, he once gave a dignitary an image of Old Jerusalem with the Third Temple replacing the Muslim shrines. He is Israel's version of America's rabid conservatives, from what I've read. He likes to use radical Jews and Christians to achieve a right wing vision of what Israel should be and how it should run its affairs. I am no commie myself, but Netanyahu goes too far sometimes.

I should note that Israel is having problems with political radicalism that mirror what is happening in America. There is a hawkish far right and a dovish far left. Before he died, Ariel Sharon recognized the issue and tried to establish a centrist party, which he called Kadema, Hebrew for "reconciliation". Netanyahu is on the far right, talking about nuking Iran and taking a hard line stance against the Muslims in the Israeli Occupied Territories. I should also note that Netanyahu was Israel's PM years ago, and was indicted for corruption. I don't know the outcome except that Netanyahu was dumped as PM as a result.

The Master Butcher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2015, 10:54 am

The Likud Party in its manifesto says there will be no recognition of a Palestinian State... :twisted:

The Hamas Charter says there will be no recognition of the State of Israel.... :evil:

Both the Pals and the Issies have elected a Government which is opposed to peace! The Truth is we should let them stew in their own juices for a bit and when both collapse we should offer a way out. Fundy Christians won't let us divorce ourselves form Israel for even two second so right now we are stuck. :oops: