Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

afro_gal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2015, 6:12 am

Hi there I have just started posting on the forums (lurking for a while) and Im interested to know if the weird thing I have been doing all my life could possibly be a stim. I don't know anyone else that does this.

I lift my my top up kinda half way and twist it from side to side (left to right). I also tug my jumper in an upwards direction from my shoulder ( I think I started the shoulder thing because I was aware I was showing my belly)

I have done this since I was very young and any of my close family relatives and my partner will have witnessed this. They kinda find it funny.. I cannot help it and only realise im doing it when im actually doing it.

What do you think :?:

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 6:40 am

It might or might not be. Do you have a diagnosis?

afro_gal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2015, 8:14 am

No, not at the moment. I am deciding at the moment whether to go to the doctor. I feel it will help me and my husband in the long run. Also my 5 year old daughter who is epileptic has a chromosome abnormality, we are currently doing genetic testing. I feel she is also displaying some autistic behaviours. I have researched quite a bit (ok a lot) and have a good few symptoms. Then I just remembered that I do this weird thing also.....hmmm :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:31 am

I remember a kid in school that used to lift the bottom half his shirt up and down constantly, which I think was stimming for him.